Can you guys stop suiciding on hook already?

Options
Negi
Negi Member Posts: 378

You know how solo queue is. Either you're fine with it or you're not at this point. You're just griefing queuing into every game and giving up the second something goes wrong. Quit ruining my and everyone else's matches.

Comments

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,098
    Options

k. I'll take the long way. SoloQ at this point is for practise purposes only. What do I want to practise? certainly not skillchecks or crouching. I take first chase, do my best - go down. If I get rescued (yes, that's a big if for various reasons) I get myself healed up and repeat. Deal?

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

When I meet this sort of survivors as killer, I turn the game almost every time into a BP-Farming-Operation with the other 3 or less survivors 😅

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

It's calmed down a bit for me. I haven't been seeing it nearly as much.

• Zen_but_not_Zen
    Zen_but_not_Zen Member Posts: 230
    Options

I doubt any of the people who consistently suicide on hook likely read posts here ha. I feel your pain though, it sucks. Give massive respect to your teammates who keep trying until the bitter end.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 623
    edited September 2022
    Options

Every day we have another post about SoloQ gameplay, and i hope DEVS say anything about improvements coming soon, because honestly, its not possible they do not care and do nothing about that. this should be the first thing they should spend their time.But yeah, people need stop give up and play the game, just play the game. try your best , even is you will die, but, try, people start the matches and simply give up, doesnt make sense.

• Tsukah
    Tsukah Member Posts: 390
    Options

If I see no one making an effort to save me even with Kindred equipped, I'm out.

• EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 323
    Options

My favorite ones are the survivors who dc before death hook or at the very end of the match. I showed you Mr. Killer! Lol. 🤣

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,098
    Options

tbh, sometimes I do that when I don't want to screw my team but the killer was a grade A d*ck. Idc about BP at this point and chances are I close the game after that anyway which renders the dc penalty irrelevant. So I don't lose anything. The other survs don't lose anything. - But the killer doesn't get the kill they apparently so desperately wanted (DCs don't count toward MMR or kills. They are null). It's a somewhat petty form of revenge, I give you that - but it sure beats playing right into an insufferable killer's hands.

• Dito175
    Dito175 Member Posts: 1,391
    Options

Had a situation like this yesterday, we finished 3 gens and Meg dced on her first hook, at least in the beginning of the map I know to not put much effort but in the middle?

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

I've seen this more since the new chapter release. If they don't suicide on first hook they DC. It's to the point that I no longer play BP offerings because they get wasted. 😞

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

If they don't want to play with you - they won't.

I've found that if the match starts out pretty even meaning killer isn't sweat crushing people out the gate, then they tend to stick around.

Sometimes they don't like the map or killer - getting chain deep wounded for the third time in a row or having a nurse down people in the first 10 seconds of a match is a sure way to increase the incidence. Sometimes it has nothing to do with the killer at all, but other survivors where they smell fail from the start.

Again, if they don't want to play with you - they won't.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Go either way? If the killer hook someone before the first gen is done the match is over

• elitetq
    elitetq Member Posts: 10
    Options

thing is people have very different opinions on what a "lost" game is. Ive seen games with 5 gens left and a 3v1 being pulled back. Anything is possible unless your teammates refuse to do gens and sit on the edge of map.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2022
    Options

So you know why everyone dc's? Its because "something goes wrong"?

Two nights ago I was playing survivor and my game crashed, two games in a row. We were doing great in each of those games.

Before those 2 games I noticed a lot of people dc'ing. I was unable to determine how or why they dc'd. Once my game crashed twice, I assumed that maybe other peoples games were also crashing.

Then I went to the forums and saw a post stating that someone was having disconnection issues after leveling up in the bloodweb. They were asking if that had been happening to anyone else? Ironically, I had just been in the bloodweb before both of the matches I crashed out of.

So for all we know, there might be other issues affecting people's connection to the game besides "something goes wrong". I know I was having reoccurting connection issues during the anniversary event and my recent disconnects were very similar, but with no error code/message. Instead I got time banned twice in a row.

Considering how well the games were going, it would be a shame to think that my teammates would assume that I dc'd on purpose.

Maybe don't jump to conclusions so quickly? This game is currently a mess.

I know your post is about suiciding on hook, specifically, but I wanted to address dc's, in general.

If there are actual connection issues that we are currentky unaware of, then SOME of the dc's we are seeing might not be purposeful.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options
  • danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

How do you figure? At best, they got a Pain Res and a BBQ from that hook. Are you saying that's an unwinnable situation? There have been several games I've had where I got a good 2-3 hooks early on, and then the survivors just had really crazy chases and all the gens got done, with maybe 1 or 2 more hooks after the initial ones. Why would you think that 1 hook before 1 gen would be so devastating?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Mhmm. I reject this mentality that, "Oh, it's a 3v1? We can't possibly win." Maybe you can't, but you should at least try. I've gone into games knowing it's turning for the worst, and simply sat on gens with Resilience/Adrenaline, and me and/or others had got out because I did that. It's about not giving up so soon.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I really don’t understand why these people keep playing this game. The reasons why some of these inconsiderate jerks quit, tells us they do it A LOT. So if you’re giving up in this current trial because you were found first by the killer, what’s going on in your other matches?? Your have a 1 in 4 chance of being found first. So you mean to tell me you’re ragequitting that often?? Just uninstall the game. They keep chasing some high of 1 game that they will escape, by ragequitting through 15 games because they’re entitled. That’s 15 matches they ruined for 60 players (killers included), just so they can enjoy that 1 game they escaped. ######### is that??

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121
    Options

Survivors killing themselves on first hook and wondering why they don't always escape.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

There is so much wrong. I don´t even know where to start...

Killers don´t have 10 minute queues. Not even close.

High ping killer isn´t a free win. Because hit registration takes a look at both the killers and survivors ping on the DEDICATED SERVER.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

What? Treat the problem instead of the symptoms?! This is heresy on these forums, good sir!

• Aaronseuk
    Aaronseuk Member Posts: 77
    Options

The problem is, some characters are so fast / overpowered it becomes very boring for survivors. Particularly when just focused on constantly. So what is the point finishing a match when there is no chance? There’s quite a lot of disparity between killers.

• Nihlus
    Nihlus Member Posts: 301
    Options

Most SWF groups are just four people playing the game. It's insanely rare to have an actuall coordinated group playing sweaty and trying to harass you. I can tell you that the main SWF group I play with is barely a step above solo queue. It's just four friends wanting to play together.

The problem are those super sweaty teams. The solution is in the MMR system. If four people are playing together, inflate their MMR jump for a 4-man escape. Eventually they'll be playing exclusively against the super sweaty nurses and blights all day and will either start playing casual, or enjoy the challenge. If you don't want to face those squads, don't be super sweaty and you should only ever see them here and there as they soar past your rating.

((this solution is continguent on MMR actually funtioning properly.))

• Tsulan
    Options

Yeah they amplified the mmr matching i bit to much. Even decent killers will get matched against seal team 6 SWF. Which obviously isn´t fun.

So i get that some survivors don´t enjoy playing against certain killers. But that goes both ways.

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254
    Options

Damn people here really found plenty of ways to say: Screw all of you, nobody elses fun matter, just mine!

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

As killer, whenever this happens now I try and make it good for both sides: I double hook every survivor, then let them escape. That way, those who aren't weak will benefit with a heck-tonne of BP, and at the same time the game remains interesting for me with the chases (up to a point).

Those who quit, give up, or generally pathetic individuals get little.

• ZVom
    ZVom Member Posts: 199
    Options

This gentleman has the same estimation as me. Good job sir.

• Hawk81584
    Hawk81584 Member Posts: 405
    Options

10/10 times thats how killers play. So can you really be mad?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Don’t forget the rule of thumb that if you quickly down the survivor who brought a map offering there’s an even higher chance they’ll disconnect.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

These excuses for ragequitting are sad.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,782
    Options

That's literally a common sentiment among the playerbase, yes

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,762
    edited September 2022
    Options

My mentality is: did someone DC with 0 hooks at 5 gens, or kill themselves on the first hook? Okay, I will DC as well and prepare for the next match.

I play this game to have fun, I don't rage with these minimal things. My life is not gonna change because a single game was "ruined"

EDIT: A game that happened a long time ago

https://streamable.com/t6dxbs

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

They think not playing the game normally and giving the killer an easy wins will skew the stats enough to justify nerfing killers.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,762
    Options
  • Mr_K
    Options

The killer (character) doesn't matter. The killer (player) does. Survivors will rage quit / suicide the moment they feel the game isn't going their way. Regardless of killer being played, perks used, and/or addons in play.

I've seen/had survivors give up / dc against every killer, even Pig. Addonless, using meme perks, doesn't matter. If you get two or three hooks before the first gen they give up and point at a hook.

You just need to be good at the killer you're playing for survivors to cry boring.

• Mr_K
    Options

Sure, the epidemic of AFK killers. Nearly every match.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    edited September 2022
    Options

Stop rage quitting

• Zboard
    Zboard Member Posts: 82
    Options

Doesnt matter if killer queue is 10, 5 or 1 minutes, if he is going to hard tunnel at 5 gens, i dont bother, i just suicide on hook and let him enjoy the mmr bump and the subsequential sweaties he deserves

And high ping beneficts killers, so yeah, not a free win, but almost. Otherwise why people gets stupid hits out of hitbox sometimes? try to juke a huntress with high ping LOL

Also keep in mind i am talking about specific scenarios, which are 10%(?) of my matches

• Tsulan
    Options

You forget a tiny little detail. You also drop your own mmr. Where your teammates spend half the match self caring with sloppy in the corner of the map and ignoring Kindred, even when its clear that the hook is safe.

Condemning yourself to elo hell doesn´t sound like a good idea.

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 157
    Options

If that's the end result either way, why waste 15-20 minutes letting some clown (pun intended) work out their aggression on you. Send them back to the queue and hope for a more responsible killer in the next game.