The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Post Game Chat

Would it be good to have a way to turn off post game chat? Especially for a killer. The post game chat has become so toxic for killers now it does not matter what you do you find that there will be at least 1 salty survivor abusing you and if you are new to the game/killer the group have no problem telling how much they raped you.

Comments

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    there is.
  • wolflinkin
    wolflinkin Member Posts: 52

Where?

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637

Where?

..in the chat box
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Just leave the chat instantly? Or just dont look at it. No one is forcing you to look at it or to reply. Let the salty survivors be salty, don't give them attention. Don't reply.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230

The little >> symbol

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

You sort of can turn it off. There is a button that lets you minimize the chat to the right of the chatbar. Personally i would like an option is the settings menu that allows you to completely disable that chat. Out of sight and out of mind.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@SadonicShadow said:
    You sort of can turn it off. There is a button that lets you minimize the chat to the right of the chatbar. Personally i would like an option is the settings menu that allows you to completely disable that chat. Out of sight and out of mind.

just press the button and your done my dude. lol

• popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    edited June 2018
    Press the >> button.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@βLAKE said:

@SadonicShadow said:

I know mate. Its more of a personal temptation. I am curious to see what they are saying but at the same time i dont want to know and just like the idea of disabling it all together in the settings so that i dont have to think about it.

• Khalednazari
    Khalednazari Member Posts: 1,433
    On PS4 there's no chat, it should be the same on PC. I have over a thousand hours on PC and a little over 300 hours on PS4. I enjoy playing on PS4 more these days. 
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@βLAKE said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Where is the harm in a setting that permanently hides the chat? The current system is less then perfect.

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

As a killer, I love salty post-game chat. It's the proof I did my job correctly. ;)

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544

@Outland said:

@βLAKE said:

@SadonicShadow said:

Where is the harm in a setting that permanently hides the chat? The current system is less then perfect.

go to gameusersettings.ini file and setautoshowchat to disable

• Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

@βLAKE said:

@Outland said:

@βLAKE said:

@SadonicShadow said:

go to gameusersettings.ini file and setautoshowchat to disable

Thanks for this, I'm sure this knowledge will help a bunch of people who would rather that end game chat not exist. Cheers!