This game is a joke

Options
SailedSavage
SailedSavage Member Posts: 280
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

this happens every other game to me (last 10ish seconds). I'm very clearly on the other side of the pallet and yet I'm forced backwards and drop pallet on the side next to killer. Took a year off due to unstable servers, terrible balancing and awful queue times. Only thing that's changed since is the queue times. See you in another year maybe

Comments

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,177
    Options

move all the way to the other side, your character model did not clear the pallet at all and you paused to try to get a stun. What you are asking for is akin to old pallet vaccum, where being x% through the pallet just yoinks you to the other side.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

You were just on the back side of the pallet, then you for some reason turned around and walked back to the front side before throwing it.

So, don't do that.

• SailedSavage
    Options

I literally hit drop from where I was and it sucked me back to the other side.

• SailedSavage
    Options

I don't need to be fully on the other side. I was closer to the far side than the killer side and even turned in that direction. I get vacuum sucked all the way back to killer side which shows you how close to the other side I actually was.

• SailedSavage
    Options

But me being pallet vacuumed back to the other side by killer makes sense. Okay.

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254
    Options

You dropped the pallet from the front side so you ended up in front of the pallet. As for the hit, its a known fact that your hitbox lingers for a bit. Its why close range vaults are dangerous. It kinda sucks but hey killers have auto-aim which screws them for a change ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566
    Options

Baby killer and Baby survivor.

• n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 434
    edited September 2022
    Options

Predropping isn't the bestthing to do, even against a baby bubba. Save this gold palet for something useful next time, and try to do not waste all pallets on the same side of the maps. Particularily when the basement is close to you.

Apparently dropping pallet on the wrong side often happens when you don't look forward but rearward (reversal stun has persumably removed). It can happens between 2 close walls particularily when your look can't give you a good indication where the red strain is coming from...

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

Looks like you were just standing too much on one side given that that pallet extends a tiny bit past the cart.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    edited September 2022
    Options

You were on the same side as the killer when you dropped it. At the end of your run you literally turned around and inched back to the side of the pallet the killer was on.

This isn't a bug. You misplayed, which happens -- but framing your misplay as a bug is copium and won't help you improve next time.

• Meghead56
    Meghead56 Member Posts: 19
    Options

You were kinda middle of the pallet and moved slightly back so there was nothing wrong with that.

• puncher
    puncher Member Posts: 111
    Options

You have to go out a little more

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,002
    Options

Yeah, I have just over 115 hours and I could see what you did wrong there. Sorry dude but that one was entirely on your positioning as has been pointed out by quite a few people who know more than I.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,801
    Options

Judging by the distance the character model had to slide to the side, the game did was it was supposed to do.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

I don’t see anything wrong with this. You need to ensure you’re definitely on the right side before dropping it.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Everyone acting like he didn't get teleported to the other side w/ video evidence, lol.

'you were in the middle'

'you should have gone out more'

If you had to pick a side of the pallet he was on, you'd say he was on Bubba's huh?

Yea I'll agree, maybe he wasn't completely outside of the pallet on the other side, but he definitely wasn't on Bubba's side of the pallet. Very clear teleport back to Bubba's side.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    edited September 2022
    Options

The evidence says the exact opposite. As they're approaching the pallet, look at where the pallet meets the floor. Look at the middle of the pallet and how it aligns with the markings on the floor. Then, when they drops it, you should be able to clearly see that they're standing to the right of the middle.

In particular, note that the left edge of the pallet is aligned with left edge of the gurney, but the right edge of the pallet does NOT extend all the way to the right edge of the gurney. The pallet is about 3/4 as long as the gurney, so being slightly to the left of the middle of the gurney would mean they're slightly to the RIGHT of the middle of the pallet.

When I have more time tomorrow I'll post some annotated images, if people are still struggling with this.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

This.

@SailedSavage play the video back at 0.25 speed. You can’t stand in the middle of the pallet (even when you face the direction you want to drop it) and expect to be on the other side. It may work sometimes, but more often than not it certainly doesn’t. Now i know you weren’t dead center- you were 3/4’s on the safe side, but you need to clear the pallet altogether or you get a reverse vacuum. It took me a long ass time to get used to that. It’s very stupid and frustrating. I could be wrong, but I don’t think it has anything to do with latency or the servers.

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348
    Options

Yeah you didn't clear the pallet and walked further into the killer side of the pallet before dropping it

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

No it doesn't. Go to 0:32. Pause it right there. He is almost on the opposite side of that pallet (not entirely) but look at his standing position next to that hospital bed. He is almost at the foot of it. The pallet comes down & reaches the end of the hospital bed (a tad bit further) and you're going to tell me that wasn't a blatant teleport? I'd say he was favoring the side opposite of Bubba at 0:32, clearly more towards the side of the pallet he wanted to throw from, and got moved back to Bubba's side because the game didn't think he was fully on the other side. Which okay, technically you're right. He wasn't entirely on the other side. But if I'm watching this and I gotta decide which side he was more likely on, it'd be the opposite side. Not Bubba's. Not bout struggling with anything, I just don't agree with ya bud.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,106
    Options

Hate it when that happens, but positioning is key. Just try and clear the pallet on the other side a bit more, as others have pointed out, to avoid reverse dropping.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    Options

Pause as they approach the pallet and note that the middle of the pallet is aligned perfectly with the middle of the thin, dark shadow perpendicular to the pallet. When they drop the pallet, they are standing slightly to the right of the middle of this shadow, which would make them slightly to the right of the middle of the pallet, therefore on Bubba's side.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Nah I’d say you misjudged it this time.

Doesn’t look like a vacuum affect from the video, it looks like you are centre right of the pallet and it put you where you were. To the right of the pallet.

if you’re gonna camp a pallet be sure to camp it on the correct side.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

Nothing wrong with the game. You positioned yourself wrong.

• SailedSavage
    edited September 2022
    Options

Majority consensus doesn't automatically mean you are right.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

I mean you didn't clear the pallet. Insulting everyone else in thread who say you are wrong doesn't help your position

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322
    Options

Well appart from the video, the bug is still there.

You get actually robbed a lot, and i think its more of a map problem. Cause on the game i dont have that. But on the silent hill map i have it so often. I guess the map is just not good programmed...

• Hunkulese
    Hunkulese Member Posts: 391
    Options

Why did you post such a long video? Do you not know how to make a clip?

You can't drop the pallet on yourself, so it moves you to the side you were closer to. You were closer to the killer's side so it moved you there.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Obviously not. I believe that what you think happened in this clip has happened to you numerous times before, because I've seen it...it just didn't happen this time.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

No it doesn’t, but you gotta be open the the highly likely possibility that you can’t blame this one on anything but your own misjudgement of positioning.

The video evidence you provide doesn’t do a great job of supporting your point.

But I guess anyone who doesn’t agree with you doesn’t have any brains eh?

Put your ego back in its box, put on your big boy pants and own your mistake.

You’ll quickly see the only joke here is your overreaction to a mild misjudgement in a video game.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

I might be wrong here, but I think this is how it's supposed to work?

I mean if you could just partially clear the pallet, drop it and then teleport to the safe side of the pallet, you would essentially be gaining unfair distance. So from a balance viewpoint, you drop the pallet when you actually are on the safe side of it. If you don't, you get punished by being put back all the way to the unsafe side.

Of course from a mechanical and logical viewpoint, it should be "split the difference". You would move to the side that represents the less distance travel from where you are standing, but, as I said, from a balance viewpoint that would be utter nonsense and extremely unfair.

Still, I understand your frustration and I wish you the best luck learning when is safe and when is not :)

• Llokki
    Llokki Member Posts: 24
    edited September 2022
    Options

You really need to go back and watch your own footage, because that "literally" is not what happened. I've watched the part in question several times now, and you were definitely on the side you dropped it on. WAI as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty funny how adamant you are about being in the right when your own evidence doesn't support you...

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Yeah, that feels bad, but it's also clearly a case of being more on the killer side when dropping it. Not much you can do but laugh at yourself when this happens.

It's certainly not a hill worth dying on; there isn't some conspiracy here against you, OP.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

@SailedSavage @Volcz

Just like

Said:

The right corner of the shadow roughly marks the middle of the pallet.

And before dropping you clearly stand to the killer side of the pallet, only partially with just your shoulder in the shadow. And with your character even facing in the direction to the killer (btw why did you even turn around? The camera moves free from the character?)

So you were clearly less than 50% through the pallet plus facing the wrong way. There is no way for the pallet to drop in any other fashion than as shown here in these circumstances.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

You were likely just before the side you wanted to be on. There's no vacuum forward with pallets, only backwards. You have to be past the pallet for it to be safe man.