Skill Checks IRL

haha_yes
haha_yes Member Posts: 3

Okay, so that might be a dumb question, but during the tutorial we can see that the survivors canonically have skillchecks, so how would that work? It's easy for us, players, to hit them, but as a real person, how would it be shown to them?
I might just be overthinking a plot conveniency but I'm legit curious lmao

Comments

• haha_yes
    haha_yes Member Posts: 3

Oh yeah, that would make sense. Idk, with how it's phrased in the tutorial ("If my timing is precise"), it sounds more like the skillchecks that we get, and wouldn't make sense in the real world, but I guess you're right!

• SkyeLovesCats
    SkyeLovesCats Member Posts: 7

It's a tutorial to teach you how to play the game, my dude. I honestly doubt it's that deep.

• rollerskate
    rollerskate Member Posts: 13

@SkyeLovesCats said:
    It's a tutorial to teach you how to play the game, my dude. I honestly doubt it's that deep.

i found your tumblr

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78

I get F's in math because the teacher is running ruin + Huntress Lullaby...still looking for the totem

• LeveNuke
    LeveNuke Member Posts: 6

@JEWberry said:
    I get F's in math because the teacher is running ruin + Huntress Lullaby...still looking for the totem

I hated it when they found us and threw us on giant pencils.

• SkyeLovesCats

@rollerskate said:

@SkyeLovesCats said:

i found your tumblr

That's funny because that isn't even my tumblr. I ain't gonna lie and say I don't have one, but the skyelovescats one isn't mine. That same person has the username on origin as well.

• rollerskate
    rollerskate Member Posts: 13

@SkyeLovesCats said:

@rollerskate said:

@SkyeLovesCats said:

i found your tumblr

That's funny because that isn't even my tumblr. I ain't gonna lie and say I don't have one, but the skyelovescats one isn't mine. That same person has the username on origin as well.

i thought you said it wasn't that deep

bc i lied :( i didn't even search your name oof

• SkyeLovesCats

@rollerskate said:
    i thought you said it wasn't that deep

bc i lied :( i didn't even search your name oof

Yeah dude, video game mechanics aren't always lore related. That's what isn't deep.

Not sure why you even replied to me to start with, tbh.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177

Most likely the wires we see Jake working on ( the intro ) , as stated by WeirdKid.
    Though it could be a myriad of things. We don't really know what's in the generators, and saying that they are the same as this world's generators is incorrect.
    you see the entity can replicate what it sees....but here's the problem : what it sees isn't always understood.
    the generators themselves aren't linked to anything, yet they "power up the exit gates"
    So what is inside the generators may be a bunch of parts like a puzzle, or a bunch of wires that need connecting, and the " precise timing " may vary from Shifting gear that needs to be stopped, to carefully inter touching the wires ( like Jake was doing ), to inserting components while some gear work.
    and it is very unfortunate but we don not have any blueprints of the generators. Only appearances. And in the entity's realm, appearances hardly matter.