How do people feel about The Twins?

Options

I've been maining The Twins for a few days now, been having a ton of fun playing around with builds to see whats possible with them, but it feels like I win A LOT. Like, A LOT and I'm not sure if its that I'm really good, if the Survivors are really bad, or if people just see them so rarely that they don't really know how to play against them. Sometimes I get veteran survivors who know how to waste my time pretty well, and I'm 100% sure they have to be using comms to be able to do what they do, but other than that its a straight slaughter. Just wanted to know what other people's feelings were towards them.

Comments

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 566
    Options

I used to despise them because Victor's greasy grunts annoyed the hell out of me but ever since I've started playing them I love them

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Honestly, I think it could be the latter + your skill as you are trying lots of different builds and likely narrowing one down. I very rarely see Twins,. They are like buses, won't see one for months, and then I get 2 or three in a row, and suddenly I'm forgetting how to dodge and stomp at the same time. lol

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

regardless if I play against a very good twins I usually have such a fun time since victor is just so darn cute! I also really enjoy playing as them, their gameplay is crazy cool

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 424
    Options

charolette can't be within a certain distance of the hook once she switches to victor, the slugging and unloopable part is not because of the character but more because of the survivors playing against her and the killer playing her, those are psychological attributes that can be done by any killer or any survivor

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Post edited by Mr_K on
  • SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Only if they change his mori to a rendition of "Hello my Ragtime Gal" before he jumps you.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,569
    Options

Awful to play as and pretty awful to play against since their most viable strats are seriously unfun.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

My experience is decent

Once I figured to Hit-Release Victor- Down then Hook

And then repeat on the next Survivor

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

From survivor perspective : I see them extremely rarely, I don't particularly like or dislike going against them. As a result of seeing them rarely, I don't really know how to play against them so you'd probably stomp me. But I do enjoy variety enough, so it's always nice seeing new faces.

Also, last time I saw them a few days ago, they were either AFK or extremely glitched. It was on Pale Rose, we heard the switch to Victor instantly at the start of the game, but they never moved. Charlotte had her back against crates and immediately in front of her was a tree, with Victor sandwiched between the two. None of us could kick Victor from the sides and the tree was blocking his front. Phasing into Charlotte didnt' allow us to kick him either. They didn't seem to be looking around, and they didn't DC, so I thought they must have been afk, but at the same time it felt weird that we couldn't kick, so we thought she might be stuck. We never got our answer from endgame chat, so it remained a mystery to us.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I hate that you don't get chase points when Victor is after you. And I don't enjoy slugging, which is Twins' best playstyle, so not the Killer for me. They're 1 of only 3 Killers I don't own.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

I kinda wish Victor could pick up survivors.

Then people wouldn’t complain about being slugged. 😈

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I think they're ok other than I have trouble hitting with Victor. 🤷‍♂️

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,648
    Options

Fairly annoying to play against, and you don't properly get points for being chased by Victor. Can't say I'm a fan.

Not a big fan of playing them either because I dislike slugging, but it's hard to play them without doing it. It takes Charlotte so long to reach her buddy. :(

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    Options

To play as they can have some moments of fun, namely trying to get snipes with Victor.

To play against they're pretty miserable since its usually a whole lot of slugging.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Extremely fun killer to play as. You can pull off a lot of giga-brain plays because you can literally be in two places at once.

Against? Idk, I don't think I've ever played against a good Twins player in my life. Most of them straight up don't understand anything about the killer, so they just miss their pounce and get kicked 20 times and then lose. In theory, I'd enjoy it since you need to actually work as a team to do well against Twins. Gotta stick together to keep Victor from going on a slugging spree (kick him after he gets a down).

• Mtom912
    Mtom912 Member Posts: 22
    edited September 2022
    Options

imo people rarely verse twins, therefore don't learn how to counter them to addition they are a killer that requires more coordination to counter, solo queue impacts them even more. Twins will either 4k a team without coordination / solo queue, or will struggle get hooks vs teams that know the counters

The general counterplay that you rarely see despite it making twins the most miserable killer ever to play

• Forcing locker when charlotte is far away, no injure from victor, and no power for a bit
    • Running in duos, injured person takes down if charlotte far away, healthy person picks, or if charlotte close heathy person takes victor then both run & repeat with a different healthy person runs to the person with victor and the other heals (coordination reliant)
    • To guarantee the 2nd point, when charlotte nearby, injured person crouches in a corner or jumps in locker, and healthy person stands in front to take victor hit
  • megswifey
    megswifey Member Posts: 826
    Options

I love twins!! they deserve way more love ;0;! I can't really play them because I'm an xbox player but I still love Charlotte and her lore hehe <3

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

They need to be updated. Need to make them more fun to play as and againts.

Twins are cool in concept but the only effective way to win is to slug and camp. You want to play fair? Enjoy walking 20+ meters to someone who will get picked up half the time before you will manage to get there. Also they deserve new store skins.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

The Twins are not a killer, they are a cooldown. And even tho their power is insanely unique, I really don't like it because Charlotte is just a basic M1 killer and has nothing interesting in loops, while Victor is a 6 m/s (150%) stealthy limited-range killer.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,232
    Options

Boring m1 killer for most of the match outside that they're a 9999mph unloopable hatchet that benefit from proxying/slugging

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

I'll answer your questions:

1. You're probably not that good no, you probably are just okay.

2.99% of survivors are beyond incompetent.

3.Twins are not common so people are not ready for them. They don't have anti slugging builds, and they don't know how to react against them

4.Twins are extremely annoying and really strong, for all the other reasons I mentioned before

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,126
    Options

a killer that reinforces slugging in a game which dominates survivors that are bad against slugging and amazingly ineffective against player that know how to play against it. Its because the game loop is not typical, so most players are bad against twins. slugging has to be more of stream-line playstyle so that twins is less novelty and more something everyone is used to playing against.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

Great idea of a killer, but in reality pretty weak killer that needs a buff. In the last month I had 2 matches as survivor against twins. I lost one and I won one.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I dont feel anything, because I never see them. When I play them (rarely), then I can understand why no one picks them. Its kinda bad to down someone with Victor and then walk in 4,6m/s with Charlotte. Victor should have something like the Cage from P-Head.

• Lineheart
    Lineheart Member Posts: 38
    Options

The people who play the pig are the same ones who play the twins But they are worse in every way. But power

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Mostly survivors not knowing how to play vs them.

You have to change your playstyle a lot vs twins and it's more of a macro game then a micro one vs them.

For example against pretty much every other killer survivors want to split up

Against twins you need to stick with one person to avoid mass slugging from victor

A combination of their rarity, requiring a different playstyle and soloq's miscommunications make them a reall powerhouse while they really shouldn't be

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I am truly sorry you don't appear to like my opinion.

Thanks for your very insightful comment though, I will make sure to incorporate your constructive feedback in future posts and will be taking your counterarguments into close consideration for further engagements on the topic in the future.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    edited September 2022
    Options

I like their design and little Vic makes me lol. In that way I like seeing them. But my God they all camp, tunnel and mass slug which is miserable. Last time I faced Twins the Killer parked Charlotte in front of a Devour Hope totem so it couldn’t be broken. Kept slugging with Victor.. would only hook when 2 slugs, all injured. Ran perks to make totem cleansing take years…. I mean it was a good if miserable strat and I don’t think it should be a thing where a Killer can physically block a totem while still being able to down survivors across the map

• WeirdlyBearded
    WeirdlyBearded Member Posts: 147
    Options

I myself main twins. I've been trying to figure out a good perk setup with them. I know a lot of people want a rework but im not sure what the devs would even do? Because their who gimmick is using 2 killers etc.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited September 2022
    Options

I give BHVR a break on Twins because they were largely developed during the height of the pandemic. I suspect we'll see the intended final iteration of Twins on their upcoming rework.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 490
    Options

The perks I were using were Furtive Chase, Dark Devotion, Oppression and Pop Goes the Weasel. Trigger Dark Devotion by attaching Victor to the Obsession and watch the fun unfurl. Find the Gen with the most progress and pop it while setting the others to regress as well. Using Furtive Chase, you can fall back a bit during a chase and unleash Victor and unless they are paying attention, they will never see you cut them off.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 490
    Options

Oh yea, and Oppression can also tip you off to Survivors being on other gens

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited September 2022
    Options

Assuming you haven't already looked them up let me toss Lynxi and Pixel Bush your way. Lynxi is a Twins main who knows her stuff and has some pounce guides, while Pixel has some solid in depth guides that helped me play Twins without needing to rely on a campy playstyle (even once had a Survivor say "finally a Twins that isn't a camper!")

Also for builds, Discordance and Forced Penance are particularly good for them. Victor can hear the Discordance noise alert, if not see the aura, and his pounces can proc Forced Penance.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

Probably the scariest killer in the game for me honestly. The sounds made when the killer switches between Victor and Charlotte from a survivor perspective... Chilling.