About teabagging culture in DBD

Options

Some of us come from other games where teabagging is absolutely not an insult, and is often hullo or something friendly. Personally, anyways. Flashlight clickeys are clearly hostile, but maybe instead of "teabagging", which could either be interpreted as unsportsmanshiplike or horny, maybe we could look at it as the glorious results of daily leg days?

And also, don't you think it's really cute?

Like if an old grandpa like Bill did squats at 20 reps per minute, that'd be downright amazing/hilarious,

and if a pretty lady did that in front of you, wouldn't it actually be a pleasant sight?

I'd be worried for their knees, but it'd be nice to see, and that feeling kinda translates into games too.

Comments

• gapaho3930
    gapaho3930 Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2022
    Options

@AlkaloidssOP

Forgot to put a disclaimer ):

That was an attempt to look at it objectively from every viewpoint, I personally don't find it attractive. I think it's humorous and nothing more.

Edit: I do like muscles though, regardless of gender.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    edited September 2022
    Options

Since the update I rarely struggle as killer (as my main* I still have trouble learning new killers of course), but that's because my mmr was quite low to begin with. Now that it's gone up a bit, I'm starting to get more teams that actually power the gates or escape.

I rarely see genuinely toxic survivors. Most times if I run into teabaggers, either they die before the gates are opened because they're not actually that good at chases, or they let up on it when they see I'm playing chill.

Same, I'm sometimes running into extremely good survivors, that could loop me for days if I let them, and who manage Head On rescues and such, but they're rarely the kind to teabag or click. They're just better than me, but they're not being ######### about it, which I respect.

My friends often joke that I live in the good timeline... I'm not complaining haha !

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

t-bagging culture in DbD?

Does it have its own culture in FPS and fighting games that I can assure you is never an insult?

I don't think so.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options

Context is extremely important

Teabagging can mean hello if you first meet a fellow survivor

Teabagging can mean thank you if you do it after another survivor does something for you

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169
    Options

I distinguish Teabagging for politeness (one or two slow squats) from Teabagging for humiliation (spam). The same thought applies to the nod of the killer's head.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

Emote spamming is a taunt in most online pvp games for the last 20 years.

Maybe some use it as communication between survivors but in general it was mostly meant as form of taunt since nearly no game has the Neo from matrix "come on" wave.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,423
    Options

The worst thing a survivor can do to the killer is crouch a couple times. The killer gets to literally murder the survivor.

Waiting at the exit gate is kind of annoying, but I don't mind it in other places. If you think you can loop the killer and want to taunt him into chasing you (and thus leaving your teammates free), go for it.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

It someone tbag me It means that Is asking to give him/her my COMPLETE attention... I Will Just gave them what they seek😇...

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115
    Options

Context is important for "teabags", Since we have no real means of communication in the game I and most others use teabags was a way to say thanks after you get a heal from a team mate or as a greeting at the start of the match. When directed at a killer I'd say one or two teabags is the same if they give you hatch or let you escape, a nod works well in these situations too.

If you teabag after every pre-dropped pallet or the like the teabag is used aggressively, you want to taunt the killer and make them play worse. It can be considered a tactic but it's no less unsportsmanlike than a killer letting you bleed out rather than hooking or that hit you on the hook.

That said, if you did a clever play and teabag once or twice during the entire match as to say "Got ya!" it's the same as when you as killer give the annoying clicker or teabagger a few nods after you get them on the ground, it's not meant to be an insult just a way to convey that maybe you're not as bad as they thought.

Waiting at the exit when you've already won just to teabag the killer is worse than the rest though, it's only ever used to mock the killer, who can do nothing to change the outcome at that point, more often than not used by people that you got two hooks on early and then decided to go easy on as to not ruin their fun, often followed by "ggez" in the end game chat. It's immature and a waste of everyone's time. Even if you don't teabag, requiring that the killer watch you leave is only annoying and a waste of time.

• LinkToReality
    edited September 2022
    Options

Since you're not actually on top of the person when you do it it's not the same as the teabags of old FPS games. It's just quick crouches but the term teabag has come to just mean that.

Edit: Why do the forums keep eating my comments after I make small edits to fix grammar or typos? Last time it came back randomly, I hope it does now as well xD

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,660
    Options

Newer accounts that don't have a lot of posts get auto-flagged as spam when they get edited. The mods manually review to make sure it's not and I think it's sometime after 100 posts or so is when they stop getting auto-flagged.

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    edited September 2022
    Options

Maybe you have personal rule when killer slaps you on a hook repeatedly and nod too?

It's hillarious how many are triggered by absolutely innocent actions. Remembering Dark Souls with all those point downs, poop throws and claps, today's kids would have probably had a heart attack.

I usually let last surivor go, one time I was against so called "toxic" team that brought offering, flashlight clicked, sabotaged and squatted constantly. I won the match (last two were slugged) and... let them go. And, surprise surprise, they said that I was a skilled killer (although I don't think I am) and in was very fun to play against me, gg and have fun.

• Bunzmaster
    Bunzmaster Member Posts: 35
    edited September 2022
    Options

Agreed. Teabagging in DBD is bad manners and an insult. Period. Don't care about other games. We are talking about DBD here. It is now, and has been for many years now, an insult.

In regards to how it's meant and how it's taken. if you crouch quickly once or twice, that's easily a nod or a hello. Anything more than that is teabagging.

• LinkToReality
    Options

Thanks for the info! I did just reach 100 posts like a couple of days ago but I've been on the forums for one year and one day today :P

Makes sense though, hope fully it'll stop soon enough or I'll just have to learn to properly proofread my posts before I hit that "Post Comment" button xD

• Lamoore
    Lamoore Member Posts: 73
    Options

The only time I clam slam is at the gate when a killer was tunneling or face camping and I managed to escape anyway.

As killer if someone keeps tea bagging me and I kill them I do what I call the clam spread which is I stand over them and spin.... very satisfying

The teabagging only pisses me off when it was a SWF which is likely to win anyway and they're just being extra mean. In which case I've learned not to see them off at the gate.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 547
    Options

Teabagging saps the horror movie energy out of the entire experience.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

What kind of games are this, were it is not meant as an insult? i am really interested.

The thing is, you cant ignore the history of it. It was invented in shooters as a form of virtual ######### to insult and humiliate your fallen opponent. Sure, some people say its ok because it just virtual ######### and not real one, but i can´t find anything cute about it.

Sure, some people say its just people hitting the crouch botton several times, but by that standard racial or sexist slurs are also just letters written after one another.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

It's so contextual, and how each person interprets/infers from it. It may be to BM (after dropping a pallet, at the exit gates), to draw aggro from a camped or tunneled surv, or as a thanks for being spared (usually one or two slow crouches).

I personally never do the first, but often do the latter two. Sometimes it's just goofiness and means nothing.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

What I read is: you wanted to taunt him and in the end you were successful. And then he paid you back in ingame coin.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

yeah if i see people teabag the killer i leave them to die regardless of how altruistic they were to me. Also tea bagging is the only reason i will ever tunnel someone out of the game. teabagging and other bm's are unnecessary.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,106
    edited September 2022
    Options

Best reply. I see it the same way. It's not so serious to me when there is not really much other ways we can communicate in-game through emotes. Sometimes it's also just a fun way to interact with other players and have a laugh.

• LilyGoatDemon
    LilyGoatDemon Member Posts: 18
    edited September 2022
    Options

Teabag if you like, but if I'm playing Killer and see you doing it explicitly to be rude, I'll tunnel you.

If I'm on Survivor and I see you doing it to be rude, I'm not going out of my way to save you anymore.

Context matters here; but there are absolutely times it's obvious someone's doing it to be nasty, and people who gloat are poor sports.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    Options

You wanted to give another person a breather by taunting the killer. The killer killed you for the taunt. I would have done the same. Good thing I play most of my matches as survivor and punish other mates for being toxic.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,761
    Options

i actually encourage survivors to teabag, not because i like it, but because them wasting time being a jackass means that they aren't running

which means easier downs for me, and probably quicker DCs because teabaggers have a very funny habit of leaving the second they go down

• WipeIncGamingYT
    Options

If you had "Head on" with you, you must have selected it before the match. Which survivors take "Head on" with them? Survivors who want to record a video with meme content, or toxic survivors who want to get on the killer's last nerve. Where is the video of the match? Oh, you don't have one? All right.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

It's an animation in a videogame, don't know why people take it so seriously. I don't do it but I don't care if people do it to me . It's funny seeing streamers on Twitch who are 30+ years old and still get triggered by someone who pressed control a few times.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Teabagging as always been a way to troll your opponents since the original halo. We just didn't take it as serious as everyone does now. You would get bagged and be like alright you killed me and then move on.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    Options

I'm glad you mentioned it because that's the most important point: behind every survivor and killer is a player with feelings. What do you think the killer felt when you asked him for attention with Head on? We both know because you told us how he reacted. 

You got on his nerves in the match, intentionally and toxically, or, which would be worse in my opinion, unintentionally and toxically. If you don't notice toxic patterns because you're reassured by the idea that you shouldn't take a game too seriously, I can't say anything more about it, only be amazed. The point is, games shouldn't be taken too seriously, you're right about that. But if other players want to get on your nerves, you can take that seriously. 

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

Worse Thing is when u Play a weaker Killer and the Survivors Instant teabag you all the time becasue they know u ,most likely doesnt have a Chance against them

But then when u Play Nurse or Blight the same Survivors are Scared or DC 🤷‍♀️

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

I don't consider 1 crouch as teabagging. I stay far away from spam crouchers though. I don't want to look guilty by association.

If I see a survivor spam crouch at the gate I always somehow end up accidentally blocking them and then escaping when the killer grabs them.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

The main difference between Minecraft and DbD is that the Enemy opposing the player is essentially an AI.

I understand that even in DbD, t-bagging is done at the start of the game as a greeting to an allied survivor. There will be no intent or context of insult there.

But would t-bagging be done against zombies, skeletons, or endermen?

Maybe in the case of streamers and Funny Moments, t-bagging could be done with DbD zombies, but that is different from the t-bagging culture being discussed here.

The killer in DbD is not an AI, there is a human inside that controls it.

If you fail to understand that the killer is also a player and t-bagging with a clear intent to ridicule, I despise it.

I don't think anyone is talking sophistry, but would anyone who does it on a daily basis t-bagging even against a tutorial trapper?

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

To be fair, with the origin of teabagging and whatnot, let's just say there is a reason some esports ban it. And it is not because it is BM. Lol.

• WipeIncGamingYT
    Options

Your story just doesn't add up. You claim that you once used Head on and that the killer took that, and only that, personally. You claim to have chosen Head on for a daily. I have never seen a daily that calls for Head on. Then you claim to have helped a fleeing survivor. But Head on has a cooldown of 3 seconds until it is usable. If a survivor is unhooked and fleeing and you see the killer tunnels, you don't have time to jump into a locker and wait 3 seconds. The story didn't happen the way you want us to believe. And since you don't have a recording of the match, we can't figure out what really happened. I can't figure out what the truth is, and I'm less and less interested in making assumptions. 

So for me, I'll put an end to this communication here. As I said, your point that behind every survivor and killer sits a player with feelings is the most important one, and, if you like, you could do some soul-searching and examine your stance on that.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Let it go, friend. They clearly have a strong opinion about it, and it probably won't change. If anything, them being so passionate about Head On tells more about them than it does about you.

For what it's worth, I do agree that Head On is not toxic, let alone one single stun. It's just a perk. I've been in a couple of games as killer where a survivor would Head On me multiple times throughout the game, whether for saves or to draw aggro. Without BM-ing otherwise. Is it annoying to get stunned ? Yes. But could I have been more cautious around lockers ? Also yes. It baffles me how can people just assume a perk as a whole is toxic, and by association anyone using it under any excuse...

As was said before, some people take these things way too personally.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited September 2022
    Options

I don't know. It's just a childish nonsense behavior really. And it requires two things: 1. someone to believe that it's a huge insult, and 2. another person who agrees to be offended by it. Makes me laugh each time when I see it. Seriously guys even this topic makes no sense.

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

I love this community😘 genuinely interesting takes on pretty much anything