Killer Debuffs

Options

With the introduction of Roots of Dread, the first every Killer Debuff was introduced that survivors could inflict on Killers in the form of Risidual Manifest.

Would it be a good idea to add more perks/ rework some perks to add Debuffs to killers?

What perks would you rework?

Comments

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

As long as it isn't too bothersome. Giving survivors the ability to apply debuffs should be handled very carefully, give the balance of an assymetrical game.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

It's a very thin ice area and I would rather not much step in this danged zone. Balanced game isn't the strongest thing sadly in DbD.

So I will pass.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 734
    Options

New ability:

'' Whenever you stun the killer, they are inflicted with the exposed status effect and can me destroyed immediately and the survivors can automatically win the trial. ''

In all seriousness, I'll pass.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Imagine killer being exhausted 🤣

Killer will break pallets and gens slowly

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

Oh I'd love it if there were perks that could inflict status effects to killers.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options
    1. Exhaust killer
    2. Bring to strong/god pallet
    3. Autowin if they don’t have a way to bypass pallet/use power to break at different set speed
  • Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

It would probably be as frustrating to balance as dark theory. Other than blindness what kind of stuff can they do? Slow killer/reduce lunge range/make hits not count? All of those are beyond frustrating to deal with and if the method of application is via blinding/stunning/booning the killer would not have much say/ability to do anything except suffer the debuff.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

I'd love that. Hindered after pallet stuns to reward good play in chase, Incapacitated (unable to kick gens, walls, vault, pick up survivors, etcetera), maybe even a special kind of Exposed where the killer can't use their power for a short time. Might give killers like nurse actual counterplay.

I think if balanced well it could be very dynamic to play with and against. Killer Blindness is already kind of meh though. It's not exactly difficult to remember where gens are, usually killers aren't getting aura reveals while in chase (which is where haddie's perk activates) and it doesn't even hide scratch marks. Hiding scratch marks would be super powerful, but given the short duration of the Blindness, I don't think it'd be oppressive, especially not with blood pools and footstep sounds and tracking perks and game sense to help the killer.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    edited September 2022
    Options

Probably not really manageable.

Either you have 4 people able to afflict the killer in tandem or there has to be a visible cooldown for the effect or else other survivor waste their time trying to apply an effect that is on CD.

And if there would be no CD, the effect would need to be reduced to accommodate for multiple/,non-stop application depending on the trigger.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,848
    Options

The only "debuff" Ive seen people talking about is a perk that blocks the vault for the killer. But to balance it out it should block for the survivor too, so i don't know how that could work.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

While I think denying the Killer access to their power would be unfair (some killers have strange powers that I don't know how it would interact with them) I do like the other suggestions. Even a 1% Hindered effect could be helpful in chase.

• Jivetalkin13
    Options

You could just make it a one time thing. Either wait out the clock or get ride of it by kicking a gen or pallet once. The status effects don't have to be one to one with survivors.

• Jivetalkin13
    Options

They don't have to be one to one with survivors. There could be a secondary way to get rid of effects. You are right that it would need to be balanced carefully.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450
    Options

I don't think deactivating the killer's power (for a very limited time, like 15 or 30 seconds or something) would be any more unfair than Franklin's outright removing the survivor's item on a single hit. Obviously there's a difference in strength but it's the same principle, removing the other side's tools with the use of a perk. And I guess it would function by removing all the "power option" buttons the killer has access to. So for example Myers wouldn't be able to stalk when it's active, but if he's already in tier 3 he'd still instadown and vault fast. And trapper's traps would still be able to trap you, he just wouldn't be able to place or reset any.

Of course the activation condition would have to be pretty strict. Maybe some kind of exhaustion perk - when you take damage from a basic or special attack, you become exhausted and the killer's power is disabled for 16 seconds, let's say. Wouldn't be the end of the world on weaker killers, like ghostface and doctor, but would be a major counter to killers like blight, nurse, spirit, artist, wesker, etcetera, which I think is much healthier than the opposite. Some killers like Myers, billy, oni and bubba would even be able to completely counter it with their instadowns. The only killer that would be severely hurt by this is nurse, and is nurse finally having a counter really a bad thing?