Should we uninstall?

dictep
dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Or do you think devs will look at soloQ soon? This is not a killer discussion, so I know devs wouldnt answer, but I need to try

Comments

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

If you really want to, yes.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I wouldn't. I'll take the last few patches as them wanting or trying to improve. I'll keep that hope.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,860

Treat it like how you should when leaving a job- quit when you’ve found something better. Otherwise after a short period you’ll just reinstall it again and deal with the same mess. In the meantime, hopefully the devs will figure something out- like fixing matchmaking.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

The last couple patches have been decent in my opinion, and whether you uninstall or not is up to you, but have some faith in the devs as weird as that sounds, they have made some good patches in the past couple months.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

I'm certain solo queue will see some updates eventually. I think what they've added over the last few updates have had later updates in mind.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Honestly? I think the survivors that instantly dc/suicide at first down/hook for no reason at all, should think about taking a break. They´re obviously not enjoying the game and ruin it for everyone else.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Question is: should YOU deinstall.

• allMadhere
    allMadhere Member Posts: 101

It's okay to take a break.

I've been playing DbD since Summer 2017. Sometimes I've taken days, weeks, or even months long breaks from launching this game at all.

If you aren't having fun, don't launch it - BHVR is always working on something, making updates or new content. You might change your mind later. The devs only see 'player count' - so as far as they're concerned, not-launching and uninstalling are the same group of consumers.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,846

If you want to uninstall, go ahead. You do you

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

Honestly, I'm waiting to see what happens in the next few months. I'm none too bothered about the meta shake up since I ran all sorts of perks before it came along and none of them were among the dreaded 3 or 4 survivor perks that drove people nuts. But watching this huge shift and then seeing people STILL crying for more nerfs to either side, instead of adapting, does worry me that the devs will move the goal posts again until this game gets stripped of any fun whatsoever for either side.

It seems the very idea of an inconvenience for either side, is justification to call for it to be nerfed in case the 'good players' abuse it....which never made sense to me.

So I guess I'm optimistic enough to stay a while and see what happens for now.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited September 2022

It's not SoloQ, it's matchmaking that needs to be addressed. I get paired with potatoes even when I know what I'm doing. If 4 solo players know what they're doing, it's actually really easy to win. It doesn't always happen, but when it happens it's cool to see.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452

Considering everyday I see you complaining around here, it's probably time for you to take a break.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130

Yes, or otherwise the game will get worse and worse. Survivor mode is so nerfed and unfun I don't understand how anyone plays it. When perks like Self-Care, Iron Will, and Blast Mine are nerfed, survivors are taken for granted.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,175

This

I for one am still enjoying solo queue but right now the main thing that would make it 1000 times better would be the babies throwing a fit who just DC or Suicide the second things don't go their way would just leave the game. That would go a long way to making solo queue far more enjoyable.

• RMT
    RMT Member Posts: 32

Should you? yes. Should we? Nope

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,005

They will ONLY look at soloQ if enough players uninstall and playerbase drops by a significant amount.

• StibbityStabbity
    StibbityStabbity Member Posts: 1,839

If uninstalling makes you feel better, sure. No shade, no insults, you do what makes YOU fell better.

Some people might want to stick it out and get gratification from trying to perform above expectation to pull out a few big Ws. Some would rather have what they feel is a more even playing field. Both mindsets are valid, and both types should do what brings them the most joy.

Yes, SoloQ definitely needs a lot of work, and here's to hoping it happens sooner than later. You aren't wrong, either. For a considerable amount of people, the state of SoloQ right now is not worth playing the game until it is fixed. For others, they have other reasons why they would want to stick with the game, but that is them and their reasons. You don't need to feel pressured into adopting their mindset if it wouldn't bring you any fun out of the game in its current state.

Whatever you decide on, OP, I just want you to feel better and enjoy your free time.