Wesker NEEDS an addon to improve the charge speed of Virulent Bound

Title. As Wesker is right now, it's so unbelievably ######### clunky to use that the only value you get out of it is the same place that literally any killer gets value: in deadzones. In literally any loop in the game he's reduced to an M1 Killer because he gets slowed down heavily when charging Bound and takes half a god-damn century to ready it

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Why not base kit? Not that I think he needs it, per se. But add ons are lame.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

Because people will ######### and moan that he's OP if it's basekit

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I'd rather the devs not add a mandatory addon.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,618
    edited September 2022

on that note he has some issue, but for me wesker is generally fun (i will probably become a wesker main)

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

He's fine.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

His charge-up does feel bad, like trying to ready a pounce from Victor without the Toy Sword add-on. It gives survivors way too much heads up/room to maneuver.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,212

currently. best way to play wesker is to just 3 gen with his iri add-on+ green infections. you just hit & run with him and force survivor to deplete all 12(8) sprays, then eventually everyone becomes infected with 8% hindered penalty and instant down. Although I'm on winstreak with him, He is not enjoyable to play for me. For perks, run corrupt+call of brine+overcharge+eruption. You can fix weak kit by playing lame with him.

I wish his gameplay was more about outplaying the survivor at loops and doing fun chases rather then camping gens.

• Regulus47
    Regulus47 Member Posts: 450

...then don't do the stupid 3 gen camping strategy on him? You can still win pretty easily without it, and it's an incredibly boring way to play him, or any killer. It's like playing twins (🤢) and exclusively trying to bleed everyone out, never picking anyone up. Like who hurt you lol.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,212

read OP post. he's not viable as chase based killer if the survivor is good at looping. I have tried going for chases with him, but no cigar. Buff his bound and I'll camp less and chase more. he shouldn't be reliant on survivor to be critically infected just to have an effective chasing power when the team is solid at looping.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

i think it could be a little faster at base on top of having an addon to increase it, but with his current list of addons im not sure what theyd have it replace...

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 150
    edited September 2022

I disagree. He's fine. How you can't catch someone in a loop when you can close 30m gaps and jump pallets is beyond me. Stop making mistakes and wanting the game to correct them with crutch perks/addons.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359

He’s still has a slow recovery after vaulting, and at most loops vs a competent survivor he’s an m1, especially if that survivor waits till the last second to drop the pallet

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 150

I don't disagree, but killers don't need to be the best at everything. If a survivor is good at looping, that's what bloodlust is for. If they leave the loop, you can usually use power to catch them. I'd consider myself a good looper, but some Wesker's have straight up shut me down because they knew the loop/angles better than I did. I felt like there was nowhere I could go, and not much to do but die in the corner.

But you are right, most Wesker's haven't been that great at looping in comparison, but that comes down to a skill difference.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033

I do not believe he needs any changes yet. I will keep this thread in mind but my instant reaction is “naaaah.”

• Mitsui
    Mitsui Member Posts: 77

Wesker needs recharge addons, he only has one that is yellow and only has a 10% bonus, most assassins have several recharge addons although different like Oni who has to charge faster through blood or Nurse than with those two addons you can use its power constantly. In addition, most of Wesker's add-ons that are of higher rarity only cause status effects on survivors such as blindness or laceration and do not improve the power of the assassin itself, it would have been more feasible to have distance or speed addons

• MeneLaw
    MeneLaw Member Posts: 341

hes in a perfect stop right now ,he needs some recharge nerf or making the bound window even lower.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

You can only clear 30m gaps in straight lines (ie: deadzones), and his pallet jump is so LAUGHABLY slow that the survivor can literally just run to the other side of the loop, assuming his bound even properly transitions into the vault, which only happens about half the time

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

As someone who constantly faces Weskers back to back, absolutely not. Players are doing just fine with him as is and the plethora of perks available to him.