Can Ring Drawing please be base kit

TheGentlemen
TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

I feel like this is an addon that just, should be base kit, I don't know why it isn't on a killer as weak as Sadako

I'm not saying that you should get morris every game with condemnation and all of that, that'd be a very weak argument and all,

But how come when you're fully condemned, you aren't exposed?

Would that really be that op? When the survivor has pretty much every chance to do tapes and tvs, etc., would it be that op? I can't see it being too strong with condemnation being the way it is now, you can practically just ignore tapes and TVs, that's one of her only strengths, people underestimating her play style and stuff with the morri mechanics.

We probably won't see changes for Sadako for a long time, but I think just like, two simple things could make her significantly more viable:

• Reduce TV cooldowns
  • Make Ring Drawing base kit

I'm willing to debate about fully condemned survivors being exposed, I can't really make my mind up on it but it doesn't seem very overpowered to me anyway. I was a bit confused when they weren't exposed the first time I saw it. Just didn't make sense to me.

Edit: When playing against a Sadako, I don't think it's very fair her stealth is 100% outruled because survivors can see a condemnation symbol on their faces even though they have no charges of it yet.

Why is it like that, you just completely rule out one of her defining mechanics, that being stealth, I don't understand the logic behind this. Yes, there should be a condemnation meter when they are condemned, but why is it the case the moment the game starts?

Reminds me of old Ghostface, you know, when he went into stealth with a sfx that survivors could hear, announcing his entire presence to the survivors

Very dumb isn't it?

Post edited by TheGentlemen on

Comments

• Persephone_
    Persephone_ Member Posts: 157

I have been playing Sadako quite a bit as well and I really want to like her buy it can be a very miserable experience.

I fully agree with you.

1. The TVs switching off forever and a day is this biggest QoL issue, especially so when you compare it to the cooldown of other teleport killers! I would like to see a reduction of TV cooldown but the numbers might have to be tested and tweaked because map RNG also factors into this.

2. The condemnation is the second issue, the fact you have to run Ring Drawing makes that clear. No killers should absolutely rely on an add on for their secondary power.

Exposed or another status effect (hindered, for example) could perhaps be add ons.

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

She needs much bigger buffs than that. The truth is her core design is terrible, and BHVR only revealed they have no understanding or respect for the character. I would rather see her deleted than continued in the current state.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

My solution that I would want to see realised:

1) every TV set is linked to a gen. To work on the gen you have to take out the corresponding tape.

2) TVs cooldown after teleporting to should be much much slower or even have no cooldown at all,but the ability should have a small CD like Nurse's blink or Blights dash.

3) something something about her manifestation. It's pretty weak as it is right now. Maybe give her a more pronounces speed boost? But that would make her just like a Wraith variation.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

I'd rather they give her buffs that make her kit slightly different. As cool as the current mori mechanic is, I'd prefer they did something like:

Make condemnation much easier to obtain to increase frequency of survivors using TVs

Condemnation now inflicts a survivor with the exposed status effect rather than the ability to mori them, adding a more immediate risk to allowing yourself to become condemned

The mori ability is unlocked once the survivor is dead on hook, similar to PH

Also rework the iri tape add-on, as good of a boost it gives Sadako, for the effect it gives, its risk vs its reward isn't exactly proportionate. I feel as though it should activate for hitting a survivor within 20-30 seconds of teleporting to a TV.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

I agree, but I also don't see a reason to not make Ring Drawing basekit. It would just make sense to me personally.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,163
    edited September 2022

casual players will complain that they're getting punished for healing and that they're getting mori'd without getting hooked by sadako.

at low-mid level of play, sadako doesn't really need a power to down survivors because most m1 killer's win because their opponent is not effective at doing gens and looping. you don't need strategy to win as killer.

At higher level of play, the killer needs strategy to win and their power is base-level requirement to be effective at them. Iridescent videotape+Ring drawing are mandatory add-on for you to play her at higher-level. Its just that even when you put add-on to make your power effective. she is still overall weak since condemn build up is too slow since her-base kit is kinda lackluster. I think they should make it so that when you m1 a survivor, the survivor gains 1 condemn stack and her tv projection cooldown should be reduced from 100 to 60 second. She would be more thematic, I mean her white-outline in japanese is written curse, so why does sadako attack not curse you? lower cooldown tp would make her less reliant on iri add-on.

I think players would see her strengths a bit more. I think she is a bit under-rated. The previous statement might be interpret as over-optimistic/trolling.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228

Her TV cooldown should reduced to 10-20 seconds so she can use her power without punishing herself. And yes her Condemnation should more threatening for compensate how weak she is in the loops.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

My favorite buff that i heard is still that all other survivors get 1 condemnation when a survivor get rid of theirs

Get rid of the curse by spreading it and stuff

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

One thing I'd like to see is for her to be able to move through pallets and windows at half speed while demanifested, and be immune to pallet stuns while demanifested. It makes no sense to me how a ghost would be physically affected by that. It'd also help her in chase some, caveat being you can't manifest while standing in a window or pallet.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,439

As much as I like making fun of sadako and hope she days as is just to get my free escape points when I verse her. Why not give her sort of an iri tape basekit, not as good but simply put, if you hit someone after manifest a random TV turn on, you deal with the cooldown and sadako can spread more condemned.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,745

I'd argue that you should go a couple at a time. Condemned on basic attack + reduced cooldown, wait and see how it feels. If it's too weak, make Ring Drawing basekit + hitting someone turns 1 random TV on, wait and see how it feels.

And my "wait and see" refers to the 3 month window between Mid-Chapter updates, not the 3 year window we're seeing from BHVR

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,361

I don't see making Ring Drawing basekit really solve the issue Sadako has. Plus Ring Drawing imo is perfect as an addon for her. Sadako doesn't need anti-healing abilities basekit and if she wants to punish healing she can run an addon to do so. This fits a similiar addon design other killers have.

Her core issue comes from her tv teleport. Her tvs go on a long cooldown that survivors don't have much incentize to take tapes unless the killer is running iri videotape which honestly is a nuts addon that should be reduced in power. But I would like to see that with improvements to her basekit.