ive noticed something recently....

survivors dont say gg anymore? like if i destroy the team with my whole aura build fair and square then they just leave. mostly that is, but when I camp or tunnel they always have something to say, and I try to only do that if I cant handle the pressure that the survivors are applying, because like I said my build is just aura perks nothing for gens. Or if they absolutely destroy me they just bm and maybe say gg. Another thing is if I just give up, its always an insult, I try to only give up if its a horrendous map for my killer or else I just stick to it. But rarely when I have a good game where I do really well and play fair and square do survivors say anything back.

They dont need to but a bit of sportsmanship is always nice at the end game

Comments

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

I try to say GG to people when it is actually a good game but since I'm on Console, it seems pretty rare that my opponent happens to also be on Console. Although I never send GG when I win as enough people took it badly for whatever reason that it just wasn't worth the effort (though I will return the GG if the losing side sends it first).

• JoaoVanBlizzard
    JoaoVanBlizzard Member Posts: 555
    edited September 2022

I think it's normal, they give "GG" yes, but I'm having a hard time feeling pleasant in the matches because the matches are very boring, just killer with "Call of Brine" and "Overcharge", then the matches get discouraging,

I understand that the idea is to avoid gen rush, but it leaves something tiring, there are many games that I just want to leave soon and go to another one... or play another game, so sometimes I ignore the killers, the game can be fun for them, but I lately out of every 15 matches, one I manage to get out alive

But I see a lot of people saying "GG" to killers, I don't say "GG" anymore because I'm dead, hehehe

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

I have a similar view as @tippy2k2. I'm also on console, so I can't tell PC players "gg," but I do try to give a thumbs up. And on console, you can block receiving all messages, so even when it's a fellow PS4 player, I sometimes can't do it.

Regarding why people are more likely to stick around to talk trash rather than be sportsmanlike, well, that's just how some immature people are. It's immaturity, nothing more.

So, GG to you. Sincerely.

Side note, whether I win or lose, I do try to say "gg." It's not taunting. As a kid, I had to shake hands with the opposite team no matter how it went and say "gg." I didn't always like it, especially when the other side was smug, but it was a good lesson in respect. It's an ingrained manner. I won this time, but they might win next.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

I think mostly, survivors can just go next when they are eliminated from the game so they just may not be there to say anything.

Plus, its easy to forget a GG and dip from the post game chat. What sticks with you though are the salty ones. I know I've earned far more GGs than insults in my time, but the salty players are easily far more memorable.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192

I try to take time to leave a nice comment like "Great chainsaw control" or "Aww man you had me dead to rights on that hill". I worry that GG can be taken as being sarcastic. I always feel bad when i can't say something nice to a console killer though as there have been some real skilled players i have enjoyed going up against.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I try to say GG but today when I've lost I haven't.

Just haven't felt like responding to people who took me to Badham, spammed flashlights and t-bagged constantly.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Half the player base is on console and can't say gg so you'll never know if they are enjoying themselves. From the way some pc players treat us I dont know that they give a ********.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Expecting sportsmanship from randoms is just not reasonable. It is a dying value. Kids nowadays would sooner believe gg is an insult. Best to just be the sportsman you wish they were and make the game a better place for the good and respectful players.

• MommyHunktress
    MommyHunktress Member Posts: 634

to me destroying is getting a 4k without all gens being done or 4k super quick

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

When I play survivor I usually drop a gg. Thing is, if I'm feeling angry I might just bail before the killer has a chance to be a sore winner.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

What I noticed is a lot of this: I say "gg", and the survivors respond with

"No gg! You did this and this during the match!!!" *seeth mald rage cope*

So just shrug and accept that they are sore losers and move on.

• Akumakaji

I know what you mean, but on one hand gg is something like a universal phrase to say after a game. Even when I dominate I say gg; a few times survivors objected, but I asked them "what else should I say,bad game? Yall gave your best".

A few times when I not only dominated, but utterly stomped the survivor team I might say something "oof, sorry about that, but gg. GL and HF next game"

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

It just people being people and not being fairplay.

When playing any side (survivor mostly due to the seper long queues), if the games ends shortly after i either died or escape i'll usually drop a "gg have a good day/evening/weekend". BUT sometimes i won't :

• when i die first, i'm not gonna sit there and wait for the game to finish just to be polite
    • when i think the way the opponent played was really unsportmanlike (heavily tunneling a survivor at random at 5 gens or SWF bringing me to Eerye of crow with sabo/boil over build)
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,467

i always write gg and usually get nothing back, or something the equivalent of a forum rant

• drakolyr
    drakolyr Member Posts: 322

From my experience, if you wouldnt write gg, it would be better.

Its sometimes just rubbing salt in the wounds and is more passive aggressive. But just my opinion on it.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

i only say gg if everyone played fair and i'm not early out of the game.

when one survivor brought a special / meme build i will comment on that positive.

hillbilly gets alwas a positive comment, also mirror myers will get positive words too.

• Akumakaji

Hmm I guesscI know what you mean. In the face of a big loss/crushing defeat even well meaning words can easily be perceived as condescending and gloating.

I guess it's best to just silently slink into oblivion and the next game, unless the defeated side wants to talk about the match themselves.

I guess I'll change my MO then. Thanks.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Can't blame some people for getting a bit embarrassed. I don't say gg as killer either when I've been utterly destroyed, unless there were some really awesome praise-worthy plays that I can't help but compliment (well-organized sabo/Head On saves or protection hits, if one of the players was a great looper, this kind of stuff).

Same as survivor. If the game was lost but at least felt fair to me, I'll say gg or preferably a more specific praise if the killer did something that stood out to me (99'd stalks, crazy preshots, having an interesting build, great gen pressure, etc). If the game was really short for one reason or another though, I might not linger in the postgame chat and just move on to another game.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I agree with @drakolyr on this one.

’gg’ is a pretty hollow comment now.

It feels pretty negligent to say ‘gg’ after stomping your opponent. It needn’t be intentionally spiteful—it just conveys that you don’t understand how painful that game was for your opponent.

After a stomp, I usually say “tough game,” and then refer to the incident that really contributed to it being rough.

Sometimes being able to talk about why that last match was so brutal is cathartic, so I try to open the door for that discussion from time to time.

• MommyHunktress

like when i camp and tunnel because a team had really good coordination or were on gens (I dont use perks other than aura so of course I have to do this against good players 1/3 of the time) I will tell them that they were amazing even if i win or didnt play badly. last night I had to camp and this quentin said gg and complimented me and even understood that I needed to defend hooks if i wanted to win. I was flabbergasted

• MommyHunktress
    edited September 2022

will you be my shoulder to cry on :(

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Anon3828
    Anon3828 Member Posts: 9

Absolutely not 😿😿 people who complain about other people not saying something at the end of a game aren't really my thing, cry more, end of discussion. Bye

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Seems like it'd be better if post trial chat were disabled or able to be disabled across the board. Rarely does anything good come from it.

With the state of solo queue, even if the trial went well for your side, it's rarely anything to cheer about. As someone already said, if I get taken out of a trial I'm not hanging around to see how the rest of it went, especially just to give a "gg". On to the next trial. If I wanted to watch other people play I'd be on YouTube. 😶

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,138

I've not noticed it any more or less than usual.

If somebody gives me a "gg", I'll give one back. But I tend to respond better if it's a bit more than that. If I admired a specific play or style of the opponent, I will make a point of this in my message - that often garners a nice response, whether win or lose.

Otherwise, I may joke a bit with it. Recently, a James Sunderland and I worked well together, but I was the only one to get through the gates. But the guy played well, so messaged saying "GGWP. I do hope you're able tp find your Mary soon", which the guy got.

There's still niceness about, but it's not often shared.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

A lot of players only say GG when they win.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I say 'gg :3' after every game (if I feel like having chat open), usually, unless someone is immediately toxic in the end game chat.

I don't really care about how people play/what they do in the match so long as it is within the rules.

• LinkToReality
    LinkToReality Member Posts: 115

I say "ggwp" regardless of the result of the game, even when I get tunneled out in the first 3 minutes of the match as long as my friend is still playing so I have a reason to spectate.

Only time I don't is when I play killer and the survivors were extra toxic.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Or you could say ggez if they send it to you first, lol

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,269

I say gg when I feel like the game was fair and square. - I rarely have that feeling though. Regardless of me winning or losing. It's very stomped or be stomped and it's not a lot of fun or "gg"-worthy either way.

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

im on the killer side of things and i generally try to be cordial when spoken to though if i get absolutely stomped on a bad map i spam the leave button on the endgame screen as i may have thick skin but i know that dbd players have a history of being able to offend any and everyone and i dont need to relapse to my playstation days of raging.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

I don't mean to be a jerk when I say this but expecting a "gg" is kinda entitled. Like it feels imo that you want people to be forced to say something just so you feel better. Saying gg atp feels hollow and kinda fake.

• MommyHunktress

Entitled? I never expected a gg, I said i rarely see it and I wonder why. None of this is entitlement and wanting to have end game chat interaction is also not entitled. I like talking to people and complimenting their plays or apologizing for bad teammates or crap like that. None of that is entitled. everyone throws the word entitled around like its candy.

• AverageKateMain

Interesting how you say "I'm not being entitled" when the very last statement going on about sportsmanship is literally entitled. You quite literally were basically expecting people to interact in chat based on the tone in your post. Also calm the aggression.

• MommyHunktress

You are assuming my meaning XD. Sportsmanship is always nice does not mean I expect it. You can INFER that from my statement, but to ASSUME it as a fact is ignorant. The aggression comes from you calling me entitled, over how you took my words in your way. (without asking me what I meant by it)

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

I haven’t received a GG from a killer in months, to be fair. People in general are just becoming more toxic on this game.

• AverageKateMain

Well when you fail to phrase your words in a way that are clear to indicate your tone, you're left with Inferences and Assumptions. Maybe next time you can try to clarify yourself a bit more so you don't leave room for Assumptions to be made

• BenSanderson55
    BenSanderson55 Member Posts: 454
    edited September 2022

GG EZ for sure is negative but just GG idk. Funny story though, when I first saw GG sent to me in a game I thought it meant "git gud" lol

• MommyHunktress

Sorry but my words needed no clarification, youre the only one to call me entitled and who thought It meant I expected something, but then again I am incorrect. EVERYTHING needs more clarification depending on the intelligence and thought process or experiences of certain people.(not saying your dumb, just for clarification)

• AverageKateMain

You seem to forget that I said the words, "I don't mean to to be mean but it feels kinda entitled..." showing I wasn't trying to be a jerk and was merely stating a point due to your own words not coming off as good as you say and you immediately came after me with a rude tone