Save The Best For Last, thoughts about it?

I see this perk almost in every game and it’s getting to the point where you have no distance and your down immediately. It’s unfun and going for unhooks usually is impossible since Killers already have (10% STBFL basekit). The stacks should be lowered to 3 or 4 stacks max. What does everyone think of the perk, balanced or needs to get nerfed?

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited September 2022

I do run into it often as survivor, but I don't think it's that busted. I can generally go for safe unhooks (unless killer is camping), and most of my downs are my own fault from either bad dodges or unsufficient game knowledge when it comes to maps and tiles.

When I play killer, it does feel really nice to play with it, like a really good quality of life buff, but since I tend to play more "hit and run" killers (currently Legion and Ghostface), I don't really tend to keep in mind who the obsession is and I'd rather bring aura perks or a gen regression instead.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    edited September 2022

Pub stomper bc the obsession hides. Swf no problems.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Its fine how it is.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

It's good on M1 killers, don't nerf it cause if you do then Sadako will be utterly unplayable.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,635

just buff sadako.

This is just like what happened with merciless storm pain res and dms. Instead of fixing the problem with merciless storm, they buff pain resonance, creating a new problem with dms, so they nerf dms. Same thing happened with mettle of man so they reverted it.

• TheGentlemen
    TheGentlemen Member Posts: 198

Mettle of Man is a whole different story, old Mettle of Man obviously

I'd love to ask for buffs for Sadako but that's wishful thinking

Instead, just let me keep my save the best for last rn

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

In my opinion, save the best for last shouldn't let the killer recover faster than the survivor sprint burst after getting hit. Right now you recover faster than that and sometimes it's a bit rediculous.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

If you make it also reduce the cooldown of M2's then sure. Otherwise you're being punished for using something that isn't even effected by the perk.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389

Good perk, as it deserves to be. It's not ten stacked regression perks or a scourge hook or Lethal or whatever the complaint of the week is, so what's the problem?

• Name_Unavailable
    Name_Unavailable Member Posts: 519

Im surprised how this perks survived not being nerfed all this time, Even survived 'the meta shaking patch' somehow. For me after (Ruin/Pop) it was the strongest perk for killers. imagine now with gameplay basekit changes.

But Instead they nerfed Blast Mine.

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081
    edited September 2022

STBFL is too often used by killers who take it as their free token to 'protect' the hook and get super value by acting as a mini-Bubba.

With how much value camping gives against solo queue, STBFL adds an even greater chance of snowball if you try to save that hooked person.

"don't save people on hooks. Just do gens" - that's the advice people give if you face a camping killer, but the number of situations where that advice is given is increasing and increasing, leading to real stale gameplay.

It is rather interesting to me, that many survivor perks that would be too powerful in endgame like Decisive or Off the Record are deactivated, but a perk like STBFL which all but guarantees a free kill in endgame stays active.

STBFL is obviously a bit overtuned right now. It should be at the very least returned to its old values. Anyone who disagrees, especially with the the killer base kit buffs, is really showing their bias.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

It should be at least make cool down dropped to 1.2sec (40%) at 8 stacks. Or even higher with 1.4sec with 6 stacks since the hit speed boost nerfed

1.08sec cool down on 1.8sec speed boost is too much.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s probably a bit overtuned now, they maybe should have tweaked it so it capped out at the same fastest possible recovery time that it did prior to the big rework. The perk was popular and useful before the rework so being at that same level would still be a solid effect.

• RinsDoormat
    RinsDoormat Member Posts: 121

Needs a buff

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

At the very least, it needs to be lowered to not exceed 40% max cooldown - as it did prior to 6.1.0. I'm also in agreement it should always lose stacks when the obsession loses a health state. This would keep it from being overtuned on the various killers that can avoid its penalty with special attacks.

Either that, or perhaps it loses all of its tokens if the obsession dies (like Dying Light). It's too good of a perk to be able to avoid any consequences for going after the obsession.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,499

Hasn't the special attack thing been a thing since its inception? I just don't see why nerfing that is necessary. Sure lower it back to its before value so its not buffed under this new basekit. But removing the special attack part seems a bit much since it was never a problem before now. Some killers make it valuable and noone ever complained. That's just unnecessarily removing a feature imo.

• TheycallmeLix
    TheycallmeLix Member Posts: 334

I really love the idea of getting it disabled when the Obsession is killed or sacrificed! Would make the perk a little more balanced tbh

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Here are my issues with STBFL:

• In solo Q the obsession probably won't try to counter the perk, which means you'll be dealing with it the majority of the game
    • Even if the obsession tries to counter the perk, some killers can straight up ignore the perk's counter/downside which I think is kind of an issue tbh
    • It makes camping idiot proof, a killer with 5/6 stacks can essentially always guarantee easy trades and slugs off the hook with minimal effort

Of the 3 issues, I think the camping one is the most problematic.

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

I have been using it some on Wesker and it is definitely nutty. You can also use his bound to reduce losing stacks pretty effectively.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Imo it should’ve been reduced to 4% per token to be more similar to what it was before at max stacks. It would still be a good perk.

It probably also needs some kind of anti-camp measure as well because it just makes it way too effective if the killer has a lot of tokens. It should be good as a chase perk, not a camping perk.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,963

pretty good

I've used it on deathslinger with the base kit buffs and the whole m1 into shot hit is practically uncounterable depending on where they are

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,163

memes.

balanced perk in my opinion. it helps killer that no mobility options post-health state and have problems vs body blocking though the perk gets countered by body blocking.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Good perk but actually not really meta.

• Sandt21
    Sandt21 Member Posts: 761

If there are two words I dread being heard by survivor players, it's "unfun" and "boring". Whenever either words are used by survivors players, that means a nerf to something is coming....

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

Since I've taken out BBQ and replaced it with STBFL on many killers, I just don't think it's that good for the game.

If the obsession doesn't figure out you have it and/or they don't make it their job to get in your face it can be a really strong perk. On certain killers it's easy to conserve stacks.

Often I find myself with 3 dead while the obsession hasn't even been hooked.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

I love STBFL.❤️

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178

This perk in its current state has been in the game since 2.1 and nobody ever complained about it.

why all of a sudden it’s a problem?

• GoshJosh
  • LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

It's better than before, but I'd barely consider it meta besides 2-3 killers that you'd actually drop a slowdown to run it on.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

STBFL doesn't annoy me to go against but even if it did, I'm in favour of killers not bringing slowdowns. I don't really like Franklin's, or noed, or even bamboozle really, but it means they aren't dedicating all 4 perks in their build to make gens take half an hour to complete so it's a reluctant 👍

• shiroo
    shiroo Member Posts: 178

Like I said,

The perks hasn't been changed since 2.x

Yes I am informed, and it makes no difference

8token pre 6.1 - 1.8second

8token post 6.1 - 1.62

Are you seriously complaining about 0.18 sec?

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited September 2022

Should be 6 stacks max since 2 stacks were made base-kit in 6.1.0.

That being said, you could argue it's fine because most of the stronger Killers don't even run STBFL. Like yeah it's strong on Demo and Pig but.. they're still Demo and Pig.

• GoshJosh

That’s only one part of the inadvertent buff. The other is that survivors get less running distance when getting injured or going into deep wounds. And all of these little numbers make a big difference in a game like DbD.