Thoughts on Blast Mine buff?

Options

i think the 50% requirement is really nice since you now get to use it a lot more often and even more so that it's gone if the killer doesn't kick but I want to know if people prefer 50% one use or 66% and reuse.

Comments

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 404
    Options

They need to revert the perk, no ones likes the new version. Is way better to be able to regain the perk if you didn't get value from it.

CHANGE IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

THIS IS ANOTHER WONDERFUL EXAMPLE WHY YOU CAN'T TRUST THE DEVS WITH PERK CHANGES

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

The 50% does indeed feel quite good, allowing you to even boobytrap the very first gen if you are interrupted halfway through, but I must say that the re-use was much more fun to use and you could trap gens much more liberaly once you got your mine. With the new system you always have to fear that it will all go to waste. You never had a gurantee back then either, but you could trap a gen that you were leaving, for example to go for an unhooking, and if the killer didn't kick that gen, no loss, just resume or maybe trap another gen more into the center of the map.

If I could chose, I would take the old 66%-resuse mines back within a heartbeat.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    Options

Downgraded from fun meme perk that mildly inconveniences the killer to tome challenge only trash (if even that).

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

why not let the trap stay forvever on the gen until the killer kicks it or until someone repairs it. the person who repairs it gets it as item and can reuse it on the next gen

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

Clearly the buffs were good because I see blastmine in every single game now.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Still doesn't fix the issue of it not being reusable. There was nothing wrong with how it was before, they just nerfed Blast Mine for the sake of it.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options

Not enough, but a good sign.

Personally, I think it should probably function like Wiretap and have a requirement of 33%. That seems like a fair number, and opens up a little synergy with the two perks.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Still not worth paying for.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Still not as good as it was. Either should revert it back to its original reusable until kicked state or make it equivalent to wire tap in gen progress requirement and how long it lasts on a gen once activated.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Reusable. It's a waste of a perk slot otherwise (unless doing tome challenges).

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605
    Options

Trash tier together with 90% of survivor perks. It might be 95% of the survivor perks, I would have to actually count.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I don't use Blast Mine as I don't have the perk unlocked, but I've seen it quite often recently as killer. I'll trust the users to judge if the perk was better before or after but I definitely got blinded more times since it changed (something like 3 times in one game as of my last game, with only one user) since I tend to kick gens a lot.

I don't really see the use of the perk unless for some cheeky Repressed Alliance play, since it doesn't bother me losing a few seconds in front of the gen.

• Ghost_Face_Main
    Ghost_Face_Main Member Posts: 618
    Options

Seeing how there isn't many other perks that you can just regain because of no gain of value, the nerf was fine and the small buff placed it in a great position. No need to complain about losing BM if you can just reactivate it faster.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I dislike the perk. So it's pretty nice that it can't be reused.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

i love the perk, the reuse was amazing but since Wiretrap is in the game, it replaced Blast Mine for me.

33% of a gen is nothing, and it's actually really strong when the killer either bring Ruin or Dead Man Switch as they have no way to remove the aura from it :D