Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is reassurance being played?

Personally i run it. But some of the time im the one who gets camped and noone else runs it. Has anyone else seen it?

Comments

• ihateboons
    ihateboons Member Posts: 167

Considering BHVR has a nasty habit of putting good perks behind licensed characters, turning their awesome platform P2W?

Not hardly.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

I've seen teammates in soloq run the perk.

Not every game of course, but I have seen it often enough and it has lead to saves that would have otherwise never happened.

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354

I've been seeing it about 1/4 games.

I don't camp as a killer so it really doesn't do anything for me.

Clutch as a survivor though.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

One out of 10 games from my soloQ experience

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,333
    edited September 2022

I can reassure you that unless you are the one who bought the DLC and bring the perk, then it does not see play. Not really surprised though.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Hardly to see it... And no surprise at all. BHVR nerfed it into ground.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Rarely see it in SoloQ. Why would anyone use it and risk giving those sweet safe unhook points to another survivor? Now that Borrowed Time is base kit every unhook is a safe one (not saying that is a bad thing).

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Rarely, and the ones that I've seen using it are doing it wrong.

They will activate it and unhook you right away.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Once and that was perhaps the most clutch game ever. Two people had it while a Slinger camped me when all the gens were done and I got the most value out of my flashbang with a save from the very person who used their reassurance on me.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

If they're not camping I just usually activate it for giggles then unhook. If the killer isn't camping it's better to just unhook instead of using reassurance.

• FeelsBadMan
    FeelsBadMan Member Posts: 570

I ran it for a couple of days but tbh it's kinda usless my number one complain gonna be that you can't use it from top of basement. If the killer camps the basement these days, he simply stands ontop of the stairs so there is absolutely NO way to activate it on the hooked survivor without going down yourself.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,220

I see it somewhat regularly. Not the most common perk, but not rare either.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I mean, if the killer is not around, there is nothing wrong with this approach: a hanging survivor helps no one, but activating it gives you 250BP assist, so activating it just before you unhook someone is just free BP.

That being said, a true drive-by and activate, like would be the optimal play with a nearby killer, is really difficult, because you get so close to the hook that you could basically try an unsafe unhooking. I would really love to see the perks range of activation being increased to maybe 10 or even 12m.

Also Kinship/Camaradrie could use a buff, so that its obvious to the other survivors that it is in play and it should work on both hook stages. With an near optimal application of both effects two times, camping would be so fricking boring and not worth the killers time, while still leaving possible room for a daring save, that maybe we could effectively fight camping this way.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,984

Reassurance is only good during endgame, when you want to save your teammate but everybody else needs to heal and open the gates

For actual campers during the match the perk is utterly trash. 30 seconds go by too fast, you can't use if the survivor goes to 2nd stage without being saved, you can't use on top of the basement.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 616

I had a survivor use reassurance on me yesterday. They proceeded to stand there one time. Then get the save. The next time they worked on a gen for ten seconds, then got the save... It is worthless from my point of view. Even during endgame it is not great, because the EGC is going to time limit everything anyway.

• duygu
    duygu Member Posts: 333

I see it when playing against coordinated teams as killer; not much in solo queue. Which doesn't make sense, because this perk is almost always useful every match regardless. I could go into detailed explanation why i think that, but, to cut it short, when camping is the only viable strat for a killer to have a chance at securing a kill, this perk comes into play, saves a hook state and buys 30 seconds, and now the killer is camping for literally no reason except maybe force a hook trade (not sure why anyone would do a hook trade while reassurance is active) until it runs out.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Same I have been reassured but instantly unhooker while Killer didn't leave the hook yet....99% of those games the Killer wasn't even camping but didn't leave the hook yet. They get the notification of the reassurance and begin looking around.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

No. I've seen it like twice since it released. And one time it was used when the survivor could have just unhooked instead. I had been laughing at this fantasy that this perk would kill camping. As if every survivor was going to be running this, or something.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545

I've had it used a few times on me... but they run to me and lead the killer right back to me to do it and run around me so a lot of people don't use it properly. I think it's more helpful on 2 layer maps like the meat plant, the police station, or the school.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

I've barely seen more than a couple since the update. So much for the fabled end of camping haha.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,862

That’s been my experience; I’ve seen it twice since it went to live. It didn’t really help either.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I don't ever see it, but I also never camp people excluding end game stuff every few play sessions. When it was released people would walk up and try and force it even though I wasn't camping giving me a free health state.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Yeah ive seen it

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I haven't seen Reassurance in weeks.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

I see it in maybe 1 of every dozen matches. It costs money and does literally nothing if the Killer does not camp outright. The nerf was huge.

• Killers get a band aid solution to boons as a general perk. Survivors bandaid is behind a DLC. ZzZz

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

Yes. I've had to abandon forcing a 2-hook many times because they threw that on their hooked teammate. They don't get the full duration, the value of you will, from the perk since it causes me to leave there, but it did stop me from proxy camping is the point.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,108

They were asked to, so that games couldn't be held hostage for the poor survivors who want to unalive themselves on hook and mess up the game for everyone else. 😭

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2022

I run it almost all of the time because it's a new fun perk to use and it has some good uses. However against good killers you will struggle to use Reassurance without being hit. It should be buffed in the following way:

• Allow Reassurance to be used once on both stages of the hook, no matter what.
    • Buff its range slightly, maybe to 8 or 10m. It needs to be enough to allow for it to be activatable above the basement in shack. This buffed range will also slightly help avoid giving free hits to campers or having to get too close and die to a Bubba.
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited September 2022

I don't know who asked for it but sadly all of new perks are garbage... Probably we will never get good killer or survivor perks anymore

Post edited by MikaelaWantsYourBoon on
  • sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I see it sometimes, however it's not as popular as I initially thought it would be despite the nerf. I have used it a bit as well and I have seen it make a difference.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited September 2022

Like Camaraderie, they created just another very strong perk for SWFs, most just don't understand its potential (yet).

I tried it for like 30 rounds in solo queue. But even the other survivors see the white hook aura, most of them will farm them instantly after anyway, instead of using the +30 secs on gens or healing. The only time i got usage out of it was on Midwich as it works on 2 floors. (it's like a 6m bubble)

Now i use it just for the memes on survs who are killing themselfes on the hook. :D

• Entitled_survivor
    Entitled_survivor Member Posts: 828

I come across a person who uses it every 3-4 games ,,thing is we actually get zero value 90% of the times because killers just don't face camp that much,,proxy camping yes but face camping trying to force trade has become rare for my games

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I've seen several people use it when I've been playing killer but I've never seen anyone use it on me as survivor when I'm on hook lol

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I've only seen Rebecca's run it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,434

Barely seen it at all. If someone has had it they haven't needed to use it on me. Good for swfs builds because they can coordinate to make the most efficient use of the time saved. So-so for solo builds, because everyone is probably running for the hook anyway.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

I use Awakened Awareness in so many builds now. You won't believe (I surely didn't before I saw it with my own eyes) how often potential rescuers are sitting right next to a hook. So now it's hook, sidestep, strike. I love it.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

So far I've only seen it being used a handful of times by trolls who will use it on a hooked survivor but never unhook them (so they still die but it takes longer), or use it on a survivor who's trying to suicide out.

In all cases, as a survivor I've never seen it used successfully for it's intended purpose.

When playing killer I rarely camp unless the survivors are determined to hook swap in my face, so I've never seen it used there as well.

• Sumnox
    Sumnox Member Posts: 605

Why would anyone bring this perk outside SWF?

Answer to the thread: No.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905

I run it on some builds and I have seen it quite a bit but it has fallen off some. When I stopped seeing so many Rebeccas I stopped seeing the perk. The issue with the perk is the distance you have to be to use it. If you're within six meters most people are committed to a save anyway. It is good for drive bys but only if the person is not being camped in basement.