100 Hours/Thoughts + Never Have I Ever

I posted my thoughts at 30 hours (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/342870/noob-thoughts-the-balance-is-a-joke-right/p1) and figured I would do something similar for having hit a 100.

Here's the things I've Never Encountered but I see others discussing.

1: Never escaped via the hatch. If it's down to 2 and the other survivor is on the hook, I'll go save him. If I'm the hook, I'll sacrifice to give a chance. If I still end up as the last one, I usually just go for the doors instead. Though, funny note, in one of my first games I played, I ended up right by the hatch at the end, I just had no idea what the sounds meant. Killer probably thought I was taunting by not jumping in.

2: Never had a toxic chat. Usually I 'gg' into the void.

3: Never noticed someone cheating, but obviously can't say for sure it never happened. Some killer players are so good it would be impossible to tell.

4: Never had a player intentionally sabotage me as a survivor (body block, signaling the killer).

5: Never had a killer rage quit.

6: Was going to say: never played a Freddy or a Twins, but hit both of them between hours 98 and 100.

-

I really didn't think I was going to make it to a 100 hours. That's not a huge knock on DBD, there's just not that many games I stay that focused on. Around 40 hours though I snuck out of wherever the MMR system had me. Teams were better, disconnects became more rare, while the quality of killers felt roughly the same. My survival range got around 50% (just a gut guess) which made the game a lot more enjoyable.

That said: in the game I played right before this post, hit a ghost face, one player suicided, another disconnected after 1 hook. We still got it down to 1 gen, but that was disappointing. I also had by far my most successful 'loop the killer' moment though it didn't really matter

At 30 hours I thought the Killer was easy and unbalanced. I think I'd replace the word 'easy' with 'simple'. I feel like if I took anyone with video game experience and gave them the killer and said 'hit the other players, protect the red squares, if a player goes down pick them up and put them on a red vertical thing' and they'd do okay. I've come to accept though that is probably best for the game for the killer to be straightforward.

I play survivor outside of compendium stuff for the killer. My main reason: As survivor I dislike being stomped, as killer I loathe being the stomper. If I get matched up against a team I am easily beating and/or they suffer from early disconnects, I feel like garbage. Showing mercy/giving them a chance makes me feel worse (it feels insulting). When I hit a team working together and gens are going off all around me, I'm thrilled. When it looks like I might have a 0k and get desperate to defend the last gen/doors, killer becomes a ton of fun. However, there are too many easy games for to work my way into higher MMR to make that experience more common.

Comments