Anyone else experience lobby dodging because of prestige levels yet?

So I’ve had this happen a few times where survivors and killers would dodge lobbies if the survivors prestige levels were too low or too high. All the survivors that I’ve seen lobby dodge have been at least level 9 prestige and over. I was just in a 4 man with randoms that were prestige 20 and over and we got lobby dodged just once lol. We all escaped as well that game

Answers

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

All the time.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,710

Yeah, here and there; I do it myself and have seen others do it. I was playing earlier today and some of my killer queues can get pretty long, like 10+ minutes on killers I play a lot (crossplay off) but I don't really mind as I catch up on some shows, manga and whatever else. I actually enjoy the little breaks and some of my killers I don't play all that much have faster times, usually just a couple minutes so if I get impatient I just switch.

Anyway, color me surprised when I get in instantly to a group with prestige in the 10's, 20's and 30's and the other like 6 or something all with similar names and a separate array of items. I was getting ready to dodge but I realized they've probably been waiting a while since I was able to get in instantly so, I buckled down and played it out.

Late at night when I play in a 2-man, I see killers leave a lot. I assume most of the time it's the same person just getting back in and quitting out since the game seems to prioritize that. I also see it a lot with survivors when the lobby isn't full; they just don't want to wait.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Prestige levels and hours don't always equate to skill but they're very, very strongly correlated to the point that anyone who says it doesn't relate are just being disingenuous. That being said, the other night I deadass saw a 3.6k hour Mikaela self caring through a Sloppy and Coulrophobia Wesker lmao

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Thats true. While I don't mind p10 or even p20, those survivors who show the didication to go to p45 or something ... well, those probably only play survivor and are probably so good, that I don't want to mess with them.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Every once in a while I play with a TTV who's a crazy Steve main. Last I checked, he was at P83. It's pretty rare that the killer the game first queues us with is the killer we eventually play with.

I personally don't dodge survivors unless it's P100s and I'm afraid of cheaters, but as a survivor, I dodge P0 default survivor teammates like crazy. If you haven't even unlocked Dead Hard or Borrowed Time yet, I don't trust you to be a good teammate.

• Claudettemain202
    Claudettemain202 Member Posts: 18

Level 40 isn’t that high, pretty soon you’re gonna have to start Lobby dodging a lot if that’s the case

• Claudettemain202
    Claudettemain202 Member Posts: 18

I can’t wait to play against a full lobby of prestige level 100 survivors as killer

• Akumakaji

I am ok with that. I will take my time to just find some baby survivors to stomp, as I am too scared of a real challenge.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702

I keep my baby Dwight low prestige so it doesn’t happen.

• Lamoore
    Lamoore Member Posts: 73

If their prestige level is a few higher than mine then I'll play but I'm not gonna play against somebody who's 10 or 15 levels above me. And I always ditch the lobby if there is TTV. Their entire game is to make everybody else look like an a**.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

If you have a basekit survivor with 0 prestige level, I'm going to dodge the lobby as a survivor, because chances are we shouldn't be going against the same killer.

I don't really dodge lobbies as killer anymore. If the survivors are godly I just play for BP gain and look forward to my MMR drop and an easier match next time around.

• Botiz
    Botiz Member Posts: 483
    edited September 2022

I never usually dodge lobbies because of Prestige level, even if there's a P100 - however I did dodge one lobby recently because a single player had a P100, a P50 something on another survivor and a P21 Feng as they were switching through survivors. Coupled with the fact they were a crossplay player, I didn't want to take the risk they were a hacker on Epic Games because I'd already played against like 6-7 different hackers that night over 5 games or so

As survivor I don't notice lobby dodging happen too often though sometimes I do end up waiting 2-3 minutes in the lobby for the game to start, I honestly think teammates are more likely to dodge than the killer because of other teammates prestige levels

Post edited by Botiz on
  • Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

I had a high Prestige survivor completely screw over the team, and I've had no Prestige survivor team mates ace the game. I've learned not to judge.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I've been dodging cause a good chunk of cheaters usually are on the higher end of prestige levels. That's what I've experienced at least.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

I didn't use to dodge, but if the game puts me in a lobby with 3 other 0 prestige survivors I start to get skeptical, not that it helps. Re-entering queue I can't say I get into a better lobby. If I'm too lazy to dodge again I just try to play decently enough to pip once.

If I'm with prestige 3+ team and one single 0 prestige teammate, the killer is usually going after them first, matchmaking is crazy.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Oh I lobby dodge for sure. I'm learning a new killer with which I'm not that great yet, and the game puts me up against lobbys with Prestige 19 or 27 survivor mains (for contrast, when the 4:1 ratio is in place and there is no incentive/incentive on killer, I get lobbys with Prestige 4 max). Prestige doesn't equal skill but if you've invested that much in a character then you've played enough to acquire all those millions of bp.

The other day my teammates were Prestige 47 and 34 (my friend and I were Prestige 4 and 1), and I admire the killer (P5) that actually comitted to playing this game. Had a nice 4K, played just a bit dirty, but what else can you do ? Good for him !

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337

Even that doesn't make sense if you think about it. I could have a prestige 50 Nea and just decide to start playing Jonah for whatever reason.

• Akumakaji

Tell you what: you are right. All that high prestige levels in survivors show is that they only play survivor and pump all their BP into one singel character. As a killer main I spend a lot of BP in order to P3 all my killers so that I got all the teachables unlocked on all killers, and even after doing that I probably need to spend about 500k per killer to get all the universal perks.

With survivors, you could do the same thing, but if you only main one survivor you could just spend about 3million BP, unlock all perks and then just try to raise your prestige level for bragging rights.

Tonight I played a couple of games really late and one player caught my eye with a legendary skin and at P35. They played pretty reckless, came directly to me and went pretty clickety clicky with their flashligt, looped decently and I lost that match because I wasn't really into it and chased them for too long in strong sections. After that I changed my loadout to include Franklins because I was miffed about that flashlight and low and behold: 3 or 4 matches later I was matched against that player again!

This time it was on midwich with Dredge and I totally dominated the match from the beginning, downing one survivor nearly immediately and wounding another. Now the fun part of the story: during the nightfall I turned a corner and bumped into the P35 player, hitting them and l knocking their flashlight to the ground. The player looked kinda confused, tried a very bad loop and to get their flashlight back and got downed for that. After they got unhooked they went back to the flashlight spot, with me waiting for them in the room and then they just DCed. That dude was your typical low-paygrade bully: seeking out the killers attention, clicking their flashlight at them, but once their toy wouldn't work anymore they dropped the match immediately.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    edited September 2022

From the players previous actions as well as devs taking dodging into account, I was truly surprised the devs decided to show this in lobbies. For sure upped both killer and survivor dodge chance.

• GreenDemo
    GreenDemo Member Posts: 276

Not really actually, but I'm seeing people with silver/gold prestiges, so that's cool (especially knowing I technically am around that prestige, but it's spread out between characters)

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,417

Important question is: How do you know that they're dodging coz of someone's prestige? =)

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

Yet? This was day one. Do I notice a difference in experience depending on prestige? Yes! The community can now avoid the hassle of being sandbagged by the less experienced based on the hovering number. It seems dumb but the console globes we're there to do so before. Imo they should both be hidden and players names as well. All of it. Just adds to the bias and it needs to be changed.