UNPOPULAR OPINION: Nurse and Blight are fun to face

Options

Yes I know starstruck, op addons, techs and bugs abusing, slugging, sweaty players who play like their lives depend on it for that 4k, solo queue against these in general etc etc but

I died to a knockout nurse (legit was hitting me on hook for no reason, I did escape some chases and juiced her but it really was not that serious) and hardcore tunneling blight just this morning, but if you have a team of equal skill against one of these killers, these are usually the best, closest, and dare I say balanced matches DBD can offer

If you just think about it for a second, a solo queue team can fall apart against pinhead since everyone is either going for a box at the same time or not going at all, camping bubba (I love Bubba and playing against him but his camping is just dumb at this point in 2022), pig who tunnels you with a trap on making sure you die, legion with stacked slowdowns and thana, and bunch of bs rng stuff that we love and hate DBD for.

When it comes to our 2 most powerful killers however, they can sure tunnel and make the game as miserable as possible, but their power and chases in general are actually about skill and mind gaming each other.

No one is saying that you have to be a comp level survivor to loop them for 5 gens, but having 4 good survivors even in solo who know how to waste these killers time, being unpredictable with Nurse and forcing Blight to chase you as m1 killer by taking him to loops where his power cannot be used properly or avoiding his rushes in general is actually most fun I have in dbd personally,

My least favourite killers to go against are idiotic stuff like Artist and Nemesis who mostly can force you in a lose lose situation where you can either eat the bird/whip or m1 just because you got unlucky and they've found you at a ######### loop or being in the open with Trickster and just getting those knives spammed in your a**, or weak killers like Clown where you just have to pre-drop everything and run.

When I manage to juice these 2 however I feel like my skill as a survivor actually mattered because I read them properly or if they managed to down me with a successful blink or rush I feel like they simply outplayed me (even when carried by strongers add ons because being good at survivor is also about knowing killer addons and what to do and expect), I never really feel frustration aside from questionable ping/vpning killers but that's not really game's fault

(I wanted to add Huntress to this list but I also feel like Huntress being much weaker than them is not that complained about)

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,620
    Options

I feel kind of the same about the issue, at least those two killers offer unique counter play. More than just holding the w key and running away like against artist. I think even if you die more often against those two killers than you survive it's actually more fun, because at least you had a chase interaction where your skill matters unlike many other killers that will just hit you regardless of what you do. I would appreciate it if more killers had a form of unique counterplay like the nurse. And even if you run into a few really good nurses or blights who will just look through every mind game you try, most of them are just mediocre or even bad and get juiced easily.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

I completely agree, with over 4k hours invested mostly in survivor role; Nurse specifically is the most fun killer to go against in chases.

However, this fun factor became less during the infamous range addons that increased her blink speed. But i guess now it's fixed, so all good.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited September 2022
    Options

I completely agree, with the exception of range/3 blink/Alchemist Ring/C33/C21. Nurse and Blight have the first and second-best designed and balanced abilities in the game by a long margin.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

when it's their basekit sure they're fun, but that never really is the case it's always double range/ range + recharge nurse

double speed/alc ring/c33 blight that hug techs everything

most of these things are even banned in comp so for a solo team to have to deal with this is never a fun experience.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I haven't seen much Blight, but I've seen way more Nurse and I kinda agree. At my level I don't see the infamous sweaty build and I guess that's the problem which enables that scary Nurse gameplay.

While I lose games against Nurse I don't personally feel like she's much better than me, I feel I can outplay her for some time and you are never really out of resources. Some people are just too scared of her. I've even won personally against Nurse in Midwich, she wasn't that scary cause she wasn't that good, but the team couldn't handle her and in endgame she had NOED which was a problem.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,783
    Options

There's not a drop of fun to be had in a Nurse match.

Blight can be ok as long as he's not running alchemist ring.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

disagree sadly, I'm not a masochist

• Ayamir
    Ayamir Member Posts: 291
    Options

Nah my mans tweakin'.

Blight is alot of fun to go against I agree even the really sweaty ones are fun to face because Blight is a balanced killer with a few tricks/techs that makes him unique(F C33 tho).

Nurse I am not sure about that there's like only 2 outcomes either the Nurse is bad and gets mindgamed to the most predictable things like double backs and panic with her blinks then it will be a easy 4man-escape but this never happens since Baby Nurses are so rare nowadays.

Or the Nurse is running double range add-ons with Agitation + Starstruck and brings us to Midwich for a guaranteed 4ks where she's gonna absolutely stomps a SoloQ team at 4/5 gens.

But you're a Nurse main I am sure it's always fun for you to go against your main just like me when I am playing against an Oni.

Nurses games are sleepers even when I do well in chase against a Nurse I know it's because the Nurse is bad and keeps panicking with her blinks not because of my own skill.

Even playing as her feels so boring because alot of players suicide on hook/DC against her and I am really average at Nurse but I will still stomp most SoloQ teams but that's not a Nurse problem it's a SoloQ problem,still I feel really bad when playing nurse against random unorganised teams.

The trick to mastering Nurse is being PATIENT and not panicking with your blinks which is why she's not that hard as Nurse defenders make her out to be.

• Sally_S_gay_son
    Sally_S_gay_son Member Posts: 285
    Options

I do not mind Nurse not because she is my main but because it's fun if the team is also good, sometimes in solo I actually get really efficent teamates and we even get 3 or even 4 people out

my last good match against a great nurse was with this super coordinated team, I am not sure if they were 3 man or no, I took the first chase, they popped 2 gens and then we just keept switching hooks and everyone lasted long enough for all 4 of us to remain alive when we popped the last gen, which was literally in her face while she was carrying Nea, me and the other 2 were proving gen, she hit us all but it popped and I got adren, but sadly she went after me since I was the only person death hook and I died but everyone else escaped, it was such a good match.

I am not too happy when I get usual Starstruck Sally and then everyone just dcs/gives up

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,970
    Options

I disagree with everyone here.

Nurse is fun. Blight isn't.

An even more unpopular opinion! I win?

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Blight's fun if your not playing against wannabe comp kids. Idk abt nurse though.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

Oh DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THAT FAT SACK OF CRAP! I have recently come to despise clown thanks to the new crappy tile rng. It may be just me but I HATE him.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

I don't think it's really that unpopular. People just like to complain, so you're going to see a lot more threads of people whining about stuff than people being happy about stuff.

Put another way, what's more likely to make people come to the forums and make a post: a really fun match, or a really unfun match?

That's why you always take whining with a heaping spoonful of salt. It's almost always people venting about how their last match didn't go the way they wanted.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
    Options

Blight I 100% agree with he's my favorite to play against. Nurse though she's 50 50 I either enjoying playing against her or I'm at a point where I don't hate it but, wouldn't be my preference.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

My opinions on Nurse and Blight have evolved over the years, but I still enjoy going against them.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    Options

finally someone else that think Blight and Nurse are fun to verse !!

I really enjoy going against them and the other Chase oriented killers. Like you i really hate killers that force pallet drop + holding W like Clown/Artist/Bubba.

Basically my Tier list in term of fun while being chased and you could say i just fin top tier killer funnier to face.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Why unpopular? I love going against them (especially Nurse)

I don't believe the people ranting about interesting killers are representative of everyone, they are just very vocal.

There is a lot of rant about camping and tunneling and it's not something I see myself. I've watched a video on Youtube from some streamer (can't recall the name, but I think it was a he) who was mentioning that in his high MMR games, these plays were uncommon.

This make me suspect that the ones complaining about it so much, facing that almost every game, are in the lower MMRs brackets (Unless they exaggerate, losing credibility in the process). I can perfectly accept less experienced players have trouble going against all but weaker killers.

It's also consistent with my experience. I've often versed survivors that should never have gone against me, as Nurse but also as any killer. I get my fair share of strong opponents too, also against my Nurse. These ones don't come here to rant.

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Agree 100%. Would rather take 10 Blights and 10 Nurses matches than all those braindead antiloop killers (Artist, Trickster, Nemesis...) or unfun stuff like Legion and Pinhead.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Blight is usually fun. Nurse is different to face for sure but not fun if she is good. But these killers are worst to face if they use tunneling, camping and slugging tactics. Nurse slugging everyone and bleeeing out in 5 gens is not exactly fun. Hard tunneling blight is probably one of the most miserable thing existing in the game. Just had one when there where 3 cakes in the game and he just hard tunneled my teammate out at 5 gens even he was given free downs. And then tunneled me out I say that was one of my worst experience in dbd ever never seen as huge and effient tunneler at same time. I can only hope he quits dbd because no-one should have to play agains't him.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Your tier list is so boring and bad, sorry! Nemmy is so low and Dredge is so high. I would not mind Dredge honestly but nightfall hurts my eyes so much.

And Nurse depends on player tho.

• Adeloo
    Options

well like you said : it's my opinion and you have yours. Even if you said in a very unrespectful way ^^ Dredge is high for me because of the Nightfall and locker factor, Nemesis is basically a bad Huntress so not my cup of chocolate to verse but i can see how others can find him fun to play :)

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

This is the way I feel. I'd rather lose because a killer is strong than lose because of team mates being useless.

• Jago
    Jago Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

agreed

• drsoontm
    Options

Adeloo, the artist? I've not seen you on a forum since I've left the Steam ones (under a very different name).

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Just Nurse for me! But to each their own!

• Icaurs
    Icaurs Member Posts: 542
    Options

As someone who has played this game for a while, I have no issue dealing with Nurse and Blight, and to a degree I enjoy the challenge in versing them. I like to be challenged, maybe not al the time, but something that is a little bit harder can be really good, especially if people genuinely want to improve. Here is the issue.

If the goal of DBD was a focus on fun, then I would agree, leave them exactly where they are, maybe some addon tweaks but that's really it, 4 man solo Q can beat either of them without communication.

But, the direction of DBD is not fun but balance. A lot of things in DBD, for both survivors and killers were not just nerfed, but destroyed to the point of being useless for the sake of balance. The reason being that some things in DBD, just cannot be balanced, they lean one way or the other. The community has learned to accept this. Nurse and Blight are now the next things that have to change. They throw the entire balance of the game out of wack. Their powers are so beyond the rest that its comparable to playing a different game. Perks that would be fine on the vast majority of killers, are uniquely problematic on them. If the goal of DBD is to create a borderline average of everything, to create a wider variety of killers at high end, then they are objectively holding that back. Blight has is issues, but this goes mainly for Nurse, as she defies the mechanics of the game. Everybody knows this, Nurse and to a lesser degree Blight, are abnormal. If we can agree they are not normal, why not at lest treat them like they are not normal. Prevent them from using certain perks, remove their addons, you need to to try something.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options
  • DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Bight can be fun if you have enough experience as him to know what he can and can't do and you might go down but you can think of at least 1 thing you could of done differently

nurse is kinda a fake mask of fun you run for a bit and then she just rips the fun off and it leaves a bitter taste you go down and either realize there was nothing you could of done or you guessed wrong on her blink

• Adeloo
    Options

well not much of an Artist since i didn't draw for so long i can't even remember what my last artwork was (beside my idea for the killer cosmetic contest this year ahah)

• drsoontm
    Options

Well, last time we spoke was years ago, maybe three or even four? I remember you had some issues with the power unit of your computer. (That particular discussion may not have been in English)

I kind of liked your art style.

• Adeloo
    Options

oh yes you are right ! must be 3-4 years coz i changed PC in 2020 ^^

Thank you <3 i honestly want to go back to drawing but i don't know where to start ?