The finishing Mori sounds very dumb

Why do we have to just Mori a last survivor? It's very stupid.

First off the hatch will be open and then the survivor will have a escape. Can we at least have the finishing Mori for when the survivors are done with the generators or they are on 2nd hook? Of course not BHVR will never change this...

Comments

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

It counts "last surivor" as the last survivor to be standing.

If another survivor is downed, or hooked, the hatch will not spawn and you will still be able to mori.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,201

Thus, the best way to secure a Mori is to slug for the 4K.

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

Slug for the 4k? It takes 22 seconds to get up with unbreakable. Unless you're some super nurse slugging for 4k isn't happening.

• Seraphor
    edited September 2022

It's literally the only way for killers to secure their Mori bonus.

Killers are now incentivised to finish the game with a Mori finisher, either because they brought a Mori offering which means they have to to get value out of it, or because doing so enables them to completely bypass 6 hooks and instantly end the game half-way through. The only way to do that is to ensure you down the final survivor. You can only do this if they don't get to the hatch first. So now there is even more reason for killers to make sure the last survivor doesn't reach that hatch.

It doesn't really matter that survivors can pick themselves up, and not everyone is going to be running Unbreakable, especially when it inevitably gets nerfed. If you only have two survivors in the game (because surprise surprise you tunnelled the first two out) you can safely keep one slugged while you search for the other one.

If the one you slugged gets up, you know exactly where they are, because they panicked about the finisher Mori and recovered instead of crawling away, so you just make a beeline straight back to them and smack them down again. Each time you do this you're covering more and more of the map, closing in on the final survivor. You might need to smack each survivor down a few times, but you will eventually have them both on the ground at the same time and secure your Mori. While you're playing this whack-a-mole game, those survivors won't have the opportunity to repair gens, because they're either recovering on the ground or hiding from you.

Survivors can now expect to spend even more time in this uninteractive stalemate, because every time you stand up, just to be instantly smacked back down again, you're pausing your 4 minute bleedout timer.

• VicRatlhead

Downed or hooked, and it's just remaining survivors. You can still mori if you have two left and down the last survivor. It's just removing the necessity of dragging that last survivor to a hook for the guaranteed sacrifice. Slugging for the 4k is going to be a weak strategy with or without unbreakable. 45 sec isn't that long to run a killer either.

• Seraphor

You can't risk hooking the third survivor. What if they kill themselves on hook to help their team mate get the hatch? Your Mori offering will be wasted.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,154

It doesn't sound like a decent rework for something that doesn't need a rework.

However, a post by @MagiDavid in the Feedback section has probably the only rework suggestion I'd back for a Mori (basically, making a Mori system into a token system, where every killer has 1 token to start with at every trial which grants 1 Mori, and then change the Mori offerings to add an extra 1,2,3 tokens to grant further Moris).

But this new idea a) could make watching the Mori quite boring and predictable, b) takes away the special and varied ways a Mori may enter a match to add spice, and c) ends a game rather abruptly and takes away survivor escape hook options, or a killer wanting to down a survivor, but with an intention of carrying them to the hatch.

The idea is pretty needless for me.

• VicRatlhead

Definitely could get boring. It'll be a good 40-60% of matches that end in a mori. I was honestly psyched to get mori'd by Ghostface the other day since it was one I hadn't personally seen yet. On the other hand I'm getting bored with Mikey's since I watch it frequently enough.

• VicRatlhead

There's a lot of problems with survivor suicide. This is probably the tiniest one.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I'd rather earn a mori with perks like devour hope. This change just looks like an excuse to give survivors another base kit perk (a strong meta one at that)

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

Basically this. You can't finish the last gen with two survivors remaining. The game is over. It's all a matter of whether the killer finds the last survivor, or one of the survivors bleeds out before that happens. This changes nothing, it just makes that phase take even longer.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,412

I anticipate an increase in slug camping instead of hook camping when there's 2 survivors left. I'm guessing they'll have to crawl to a pallet or safe spot before fully recovering. Gives the other survivor time to smash out the remaining gens, but we know how unreliable solo queue players are... remains to be seen how that goes

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,666

Not just slug camping, which will also be annoying. But the finisher Mori will become the most efficient way to end the game every time.

Just tunnel every person off hook and there's one less person to have to slug. Tunnel the first survivor, proxy camp the second, and slug camp the third will be every game. Literally no one will play for hooks if you can close out a game in five hooks or less every game.

This is a terrible idea all around. And the only reason they're considering infinite Unbreakable (also a terrible idea) is to implement the finisher mori. It might make for an interesting limited time mode on the PTB, but none of this should ever go live.