What licenses do you NOT want in the game?

Options
Odawg241
Odawg241 Member Posts: 65
edited September 2022 in General Discussions

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm not crazy about fnaf. The initial hype for this started when I was in elementary/middle school, so I think I just associate it with children, though I know adults play it and it has mature themes. I only played the first two so I don't have much of a personal connection to it. I don't hate the idea of a kid's pizzeria map, there's just way more iconic licenses to get to before this imo.

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited September 2022
    Options

I think this topic came up in another thread a couple weeks ago, but off the top of my head some licenses I'd be ok not having in the game might be

• Scooby Doo. I like Scooby Doo parodies well enough I guess but they're kind of jumping the shark and I definitely wouldn't want a Scooby Doo style killer in the game ("The Real Estate Scammer"). I could maybe see a couple of survivor skins that are homages to the Mystery Gang though. 🤷‍♂️
    • Any Rob Zombie movie. They all range from pretty bad to really, really terrible. House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are some of the worst movies I've seen, I don't get how Rob Zombie keeps getting money to make horror movies.
    • They Live. This one is a cult favorite for reasons I can't possibly fathom, it's an incredibly bad movie. John Carpenter has some other movies that are pretty great (The Thing, Halloween, Escape from New York, In The Mouth of Madness) but he's also got some stinkers like They Live which don't deserve a chapter.
    • Anything professional wrestling related, including See No Evil starring Kane. Yeah there's a couple of actors like John Cena and The Rock who've gone on to make some really good stuff but they are definitely an exception. (CM Punk can go in that list of making interesting stuff too, he's responsible for the whole Jane Foster as Thor storyline in Marvel which was a great run!)
    • Sharknado. I would, though, unironically buy a Jaws chapter. 😄
    • Remakes. Just broadly speaking, I'd much rather they get the license for an original version of a movie than a remake. Give me the original Total Recall or Robocop or The Omen, not the remakes which are all worse. (And yes, to a lesser extent I'm looking at you, remake version of Freddy that's in the game which I kind of wish was the Robert Englund version.) It's not often that remakes are as good or better than the original. (I can think of a couple of examples like Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek Next Generation versus the original Star Trek but they're definitely exceptions)

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I want all of them honestly, i don't care which license they are bringing. I don't mind them.

But original chapters are usually lame, at least the last original killers were so lame and boring. Dredge, Trickster, Twins, Artist... Licensed killers are more fun.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

A lot. Most of the licenses I'm sure that could get gotten would just be generic regular people or just gimmicky.

• WeakestNurseMain
    WeakestNurseMain Member Posts: 308
    Options

Nothing from the new Fnaf timeline(The VR game and onwards), the quality of the series took a sharp decline after UCN, it went from a horror series that everyone of any age could enjoy, to full on kid horror crap, even if we did get a Fnaf chapter based around the old games, I know they would fumble the writing terribly so I just don't want to see Fnaf ever.

• Odawg241
    Odawg241 Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2022
    Options

This. I don't like to gatekeep but it's like action characters get added as guest characters to games all the time, dbd is the first and only thing to do that with horror characters. Horror fans are what's paying the bills here, It's a bit of a slap in the face

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I wouldn't like FNaF either.

I just don't think it fits into this game at all. Just imagine Springtrap (or whatever other Animatronic) running around the map, getting stunned by pallets and hooking people on meathooks - that is just so extremely far off anything FNaF related. This game could never capture the essence of what makes FNaF FNaF.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

no more RE please, just attracts sweats and tryhards nemesis and weaker players r the worst

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 354
    Options

Toy Story

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
    edited September 2022
    Options

I know I'll get heat for this but FNAF and Xenomorph. The xenomorph is not scary at all. Let's face it Aliens was a sci-fi not horror.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,013
    Options

I'm fine with any horror license honestly.

For non-horror licenses, I don't mind if there are collab cosmetics. I personally don't really want to see an entire chapter around a non-horror license.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Non-Horror licenses.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

FNAF, Any remake of classic horror movies (the bad ones, anyway).

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,909
    Options

I'd be fine with most things, but -despite many liking it - I can't see the appeal in Chucky. It doesn't feel like it would work, having a little doll running after survivors. It would feel stranger than having a non-horror licence, because it's just comical.

Not saying I'd throw a fit (for all I know, were he added he'd probably surprise me), but it just doesn't appeal to me.

• scenekiller
    scenekiller Member Posts: 890
    Options

I'm fine with any license for cosmetics, honestly.

If they were to ever do a chapter for something like For Honor, Fortnite, etc. though, it'd be the first chapter I didn't purchase.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

FNAF, story is absolutely ridiculous to me and the gameplay is basically the same thing between every game…but alittle different that way you can’t tell its the same thing as before

Security Breach solved this problem but still I don’t like the whole concept more because aren’t almost every animatronic controlled by a child’s spirit as well? The entirety of FNAF messes with me morally and the story is way to convoluted

Hell who would even be the survivor? I sure as hell am not motivated to play a security guard and if its just killer, how would they even attack as almost all the games the animatronics attack by screaming loudly at you, I just don’t get it, Pyramid Head gets a pass in DBD power wise as his power may not exist in game but is powered by silent hill instead in a way, you can’t just say “this childs spirit gave the robot powers”

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

It would be a solo chapter like Hellraiser and leatherface one killer

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

Even still, I just don’t like FNAF enough to even want it as a paragraph, no ill-will towards the creator, I just don’t like his game itself so its more of me disliking FNAF as a whole but if a chapter or paragraph was to be made I would probably care less or just be internally upset about having to still wait to see a big daddy in dbd

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

FNAF. Not because I dislike FNAF, but because I dislike the DBD community.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

The last of us the game is cool but won't fit well into dbd and as a pc/ ps exclusive it would make issues for Xbox to use the license

My favorite chaper was re but I guess my 2sd fav is the evil within

I don't know who would make a good killer only 2 come to mind

( spoilers )

Safe boy or the warden I think he's called

Or the photographer and as you would suspect his power would be around photos and probably bending time

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

Games of Throne

The Boys

Persona /SMT

• patwas
    patwas Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2022
    Options

Bruh the last good game including predator was AvP 2 from 2001. I really really wish this badass hunter was implemented to DBD.

EDIT: LOL my bad. I didn't read what licence I do NOT want. Sorry ^^. In that case I dont wanna see FNAF in DBD

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,694
    Options

Stepping in with a quick reminder; please keep the discussion civil and on the topic of the thread, and to avoid things that would violate any of the Forum Rules. Thank you!

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 624
    Options

FNAF

• Davenport916
    Davenport916 Member Posts: 169
    Options

You wouldn't be terrified if you were in a room with a xenomorph? Yeah, right....

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,489
    edited September 2022
    Options

FNAF and Jeepers Creepers

Scooby Doo as well, would be okay with skins but otherwise nope.

also there was a small cross over: I don’t want a For Honor chapter. Like.. they would probably create something I would enjoy, but I dont care for that license at all.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,553
    Options

Creepypastas in general with one or two exceptions

Most- if not anything superhero related

Jeepers Creepers

Certain Indie horror games such as Poppy Playtime, Bendy and Hello Neighbor just to name a few.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

A licensed killer I DO want in the game is the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth, since his character pretty much targets the helpless. He is so creepy! I think he would be perfect if the licensing would be possible, which I don't think it would be at this point.

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339
    Options

We're talking about a game. Once again that's sci-fi not horror.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

Stefano would be quite interesting tbh adding a new mechanic with the time stuff.

The Keeper and Ruvik could be nice additions too.

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,253
    Options

I need some rest because I could have sworn this said "your mom as a xenomorph".

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,534
    Options
  • enormous_bruh_moment
    Options

FNAF.

It's so cringe. I've never understood how anyone was ever able to take it seriously.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    edited September 2022
    Options

I would LOVE fnaf unlike most people here.

Uh Jeepers Creepers can Stay away...

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Pans labyrinth is legit my favorite movie other than RAW. So glad someone brought it up

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302
    Options

Bioshock, because we should get System Shock instead. Better game, better killer.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412
    Options

The Walking Dead.

• Rokjer
    Rokjer Member Posts: 169
    Options

Slenderman.

Everyone seems to want him, but no one knows his story. Therefore, no one seems to realize that it's NOT a killer.

So nothing to do in DBD.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options

Any license that has nothing to do with horror in any way. DbD is not a horror game, but it's horror-themed, so seeing a character/killer from a random battle game or something would be very disappointing in my opinion.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I'm gonna have an actual hot take and say Jason Vorhees, I just don't think there's anything interesting about them and they wouldn't bring anything new to the game so would be a waste of time.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Well I feel like ruvik would just end up being nurse in some way the other 2 epuld be cool

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,398
    Options

I said MCU/DC in the previous thread, so I'mma add another.

Sorry Mooks, but I would really not like to see Don't Starve. Purely because I couldn't stand harming any of its characters. Wickerbottom deserves hugs, not meathooks to the shoulder.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

I love Pan's Labyrinth! He scared me so much as a kid and I just think it would add some creep factor back into the game.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,489
    Options

YES

could being very unique and interesting mechanics as well!

I know.

well, compromise: Maxwell as survivor. He kinda deserves it :) (though generally… nobody really deserves it, and that’s definitely not why I want them in DbD)

• the_honey_badger
    the_honey_badger Member Posts: 111
    Options

Childs play, I can really see why people like chucky I really do, that being said I have some serious issues with him. How can a doll actually physically do anything to anyone, I know it can be boiled down to "Horror logic" but personally a plastic doll that has voodoo was never a character I was ever interested in. At least imo.