Killers Win Too Much

Options

Please check the win/loss ratio of both sides and balance it accordingly . I find it hard to believe killers are underpowered when every single game I go into as a red/purple rank survivor accompanied by other red and purple rank survivors, the killers just stomp survivors every single game. Constantly I find that people die or get left on the hook still. Not to mention all of the bugs survivors have to deal with that mess up the loop.

Comments

• GoodLookinCookin
    GoodLookinCookin Member Posts: 341
    Options

Matchmaking doesn't help, I would take your experience with a grain of salt.

• FattiePoobum
    FattiePoobum Member Posts: 293
    Options

It’s got nothing to do with killers and everything to do with what the other 3 people on your team are doing.

Everyone knows swf will do anything to get their friend off a hook, therefore if you dont camp or tunnel, chances are you are looking at minimum 10 hook game to win.

solo survivors believe more in self preservation therefore hook saves arnt priority, so a 6 hook game could actually get you a 4k.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528
    Options

Killer is underpowered, but there is broken ######### both sides can use. Combine that with bad teammates, and it can get killer sided.

• The_liscenscedDbd7
    The_liscenscedDbd7 Member Posts: 19
    Options

Now this is just someone just complaining about not escaping too much this is just a stupid complaint

• CornHub
    CornHub Member Posts: 1,864
    Options

Survivors lose too much

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    Options

Killer only seems overpowered in my opinion when playing as solo survivor. If I'm in a duo though everything seems fine. I don't think killer is too strong but solo is too "weak."

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Duo is nothing. It really depends on the killer you're playing against. Every day, though, I draw closer and closer to using the full meta build that killers hate.

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459
    Options

The win/loss ratio overall is in a good place and is between 50-70 %.

The red rank statistics though are completely misleading. They only take into account the KILLER'S rank which means that there's a lot of lower rank survivors boosting the kill rates. They should not be used make any kind of claims about the balance.

In his latest stream McLean confirmed that the preferred kill rate is somewhere between 50-75 % and he also told that the red rank statistics only considers the killer's rank.

So please, everyone stop with this nonsense. If BHVR released actual red rank stats where 3 out of 4 survivors and the killer were red ranks, we would see more truthful numbers which could actually be used as a talking point.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,373
    edited October 2020
    Options

I've been playing with a premade, with no communication, for a bit recently and at most 1 of us died in any normal match the vast majority of the time (normal just means no mori, no iri hatches ect.).

It's really just your potato teammates, just having 4 people who know what they're doing is enough to have that survivor edge over most killers in my experience.

• AskingForHelp
    AskingForHelp Member Posts: 103
    Options

Killer is most definitely not underpowered you just don’t use the killer accordingly. Killers in this game are actually quite overpowered. As a killer you are given way too much to assist you in doing your job. The amount they are given excessively impedes not only on the survivors ability to do their job but also on a level where it’s actually not really fun to do it in the first place. I think it’s way too easy to find survivors and you have to be well organized to have a chance to win. But the killer has the advantage every single time if you’re not well organized. That’s not balanced at all. When you have maps this small that provide obvious hiding spots you don’t waste much of the Killers time therefore not providing your team enough time to do their job. Every game it’s constant gen pressure and even then I think killers are given too many ways of setting survivors back by regressing gens. There are no resets for survivors. You aren’t going to get time added to your sacrifice bar. Once it’s depleted, it’s done. But killers can continuously reset survivor objectives? That makes zero sense in terms of fairness.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

I have played this game on both sides for quite some time. I know what I’m talking about. It’s not the same in terms of fairness on both sides. Killers can crush their opponents every single game if they wanted to. It’s not difficult. And if it is.. then you have got to get yourself more tools to increase awareness in terms of perks, a headset and a quality tv. 3-4K every game. Way too many ways to get caught, not enough survivor perks to cover up your tracks. Not enough survivability.

• Pawcelot
    Pawcelot Member Posts: 985
    Options

Things would look different if the matchmaking worked as intended.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

Nah I don’t think that’s much of an issue. I see purple ranks surv against purple rank killers with the occasional red rank killer. But it’s quite astonishing how often survivors just simply die every game. Yeah it’s dead by daylight, name says it all. But it’s not fun to come in and die every game. 5 gens is actually quite a lot of work to do for 4 weak survivors that have very little survivability and ... at times, very little chances.

• AskingForHelp
    Options

It’s interesting to see people defend killers and state that they are underpowered. But they definitely are the lower role in this game. From a 1v4 perspective not just a 1v1.

• MommyDeRose
    MommyDeRose Member Posts: 74
    Options

Imagine asking for killer nerds across the board for the simple reason that u suck lol

• Phaeris
    Phaeris Member Posts: 77
    Options

Lol. Survivors.

Unable to split up across the map, do a gen each and guarantee 3 gens done within the first few minutes by the time the fourth is caught and hooked.

The problem is you my friend.

• Grum_P
    Grum_P Member Posts: 79
    Options

Ok, no, there is not a problem with balance and killers being too strong. You're just new and at low ranks Killer seems incredibly overpowered because you've got survivors that literally don't know how to work on gens or what hatch is, let alone how to evade and escape the killer.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

You won’t find much clarity on here, most of the people on the forums seem to be killer mains. I’m sorry.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

I'm gonna be honest, I feel like this is just a bait.

But if this is serious... Killers don't need nerfed, Solo Q just needs buffed. A large, large portion of the Killer cast are terrible. There is the occasional killer that can feel completely overwhelming, Spirit and Nurse being the main two that come to mind, but again - a good SWF can destroy even a good nurse. Most killers are underpowered, it's something that most people agree on. The only time a killer is "overpowered" is in the case when four bad survivors are in solo q together. Even one good survivor can utterly destroy a bad killer, and keep a good one busy for a while. Survivor's, if they find a good enough loop, hold all the power in a chase, unless against killers like Deathslinger. But against a huge portion of the cast? Most of the time, you should take all stats with a grain of salt, there are way too many variables to decide if they're accurate or not.

This isn't me saying survivors need to be nerfed - they don't. Solo queue just needs to have more information given to them.

• piggypablo
    piggypablo Member Posts: 102
    Options

The way ranking works now, killers are just better than survivors. Killers only have themselves to rely on to move up in the ranks. Meanwhile, baby survivors can get carried and believe they belong in red ranks, when really, they probably belong in green.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099
    Options

#BuffNurse She's the weakest killer in the game statistically #115% movement speed, #5 blinks base.

• Crypticghoul
    Crypticghoul Member Posts: 568
    Options

I definitely agree with this and wanted to add a couple things.

It's way too hard to depip as a survivor -- you have to let go on hook or get face camped to depip. Combined with the fact that with SWF, you can easily pip up or play against worse killers and still pip and you have a lot of survivors ranked higher than they should be.

• OperationMintyHippo
    OperationMintyHippo Member Posts: 406
    Options

Duo at least ensures someone will safely pull me off my first hook. That alone is a huge step above solo.

I do admit though, doing solos has changed me from anti-DS. If there's no obsession then you will be tunneled. So I like to guarantee an obsession.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676
    Options

They have high kill rate wich isn't the same as winning a fair match with players of equall skill.

You as killer can 3k depip or 4k blackpip which results in matches with players of unquall skill as ranking isn't based of kill rate thus ranking will put survivors who die each game as rank 1 as long as they farm enough emblem points while alive. Current ranking system doesn't evaluate survival as very important, actually it's only like 1/4 or even less important when you look at how emblems work.

This create the scenarios where survivors don't fell pressure enough to survive to increase their rank so most players just farm points and then do dumb plays resulting in them dying, boosting the kill rate. Rank 1 is plagued with horrible surviors who die each game yet they are able to farm each other off so they maintaint the rank 1 even when their survival rate is very low.

If ranking system was 100% based of kill/survival rate these statistics would be impactfull for balancing but since that isn't how ranking works they're almost useless in terms of balancing. Survivors don't need to survive to "win" thus surviving isn't something they strive towards and die far more then they should.

Also it's most likely not getting better as devs don't want to reveal anything about new ranking system that's working in the background. Once that comes out we'll know even less about what is considered winning and which statistics are actually important.

• tariousx
    tariousx Member Posts: 156
    Options

Second thread with the same subject. Really?

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    edited October 2020
    Options

Killers only win against bad teams. When you play solo as I do well it's hard to play very good as a team, but still I escape a lot so killers are in no way winning too much.

• carnage4u
    carnage4u Member Posts: 338
    Options

Thread make me chuckle. killers are the victims in this game

• ChainsawsChickenNBBQ
    Options

Hardest eyeroll ever

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,730
    Options

Nah, I lost all 4 games this evening.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Nah, I play duos pretty much all of the time, but if my partner is the one getting chased... lol.

• Fac_attack
    Fac_attack Member Posts: 24
    Options

Solo queue is awful for survivors. The only teams that win are SWF griefers

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    edited September 2022
    Options

You probably shouldn't necro a 2 year old thread. Feel free to start a new topic if you'd like to talk about this.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    edited September 2022
    Options

Wait your still playing with the rank system? You should update your game we've been using mmr for awhile now. Good survivors have everything they need in game without even equipping perks. Most maps have plenty if not to many safe loops that the killer has to break the down pallet or lose the game getting a hit. Most the killers in game are still very underpowered. Go ahead and play a decent team as an m1 killer on Mos farm maps or the game. Bad map design and gen spread still hurts killers more then anything else in game.

I just had a match yesterday day were I started leveling Felix and got in game and realized I had no perks equipped. We 4 man outed with 3 hooks total.

P.s. just to be clear I was playing solo.

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options
  • Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

I didn't notice that makes so much more sense lol. Why do people bring these dead threads back?

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

if we should base balance around statistics then nurse should be buffed and pig nerfed...

• Usernameforderek
    Usernameforderek Member Posts: 21
    Options

No resets for survivors? Self Care, medkits, being healed by another survivor, Dead Hard, Off the Record, Soul Guard, Boon Totems, Unbreakable, flashlight saves, pallet saves, body blocking, built in Borrowed Time, extra Borrowed Time, Deliverance, Reassurance, and I'm sure I'm missing a few.

Survivors can reset anything and everything other than hook states. You think that regressing a generator at a small fraction of repair speed is even CLOSE to that level of reset? You're either trolling or have never played killer and seen how fast those injured icons turn to healed while a flashlight save drops your downed survivor and starts a brand new chase.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361
    Options

nah dude this is bait. no way you really posted this saying "red and purple rank survivors" as if that somehow matters

• WipeIncGamingYT
    WipeIncGamingYT Member Posts: 171
    Options

If you would lose literally every match, you would never arrive irisdiscent ranks. You would stick to gold in best case. That's being said, so what is the truth?

• kingcarl2012
    kingcarl2012 Member Posts: 1,710
    Options