Console bans are a joke.

Options
You say you’re gonna bam console players.. yet the reports I’ve made against killers whom target me with intention to ruin game play.. are still playing... I guess it’s ok for killers to have constant retaliation against survivors they don’t like.. and get away with it. 

Comments

• Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options
    You are able to report people who constantly target you and purposely ruin  your game play. This is a console ban rule. So, killers who have issues with certain survivors can’t constantly target them, and that’s a form on bad behavior.  However, killers can lobby doge by seeing Our name. Survivors game NO way to avoid  killers that they have issues with. We report them, and NOTHING happens.,
  • amaru1
    amaru1 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    @Dinaqma did you do something to these killers wanna target you like bm them in anyway? But yeah I don’t think there’s much that can be done I’m sure a lot of survivors report for this reason if they simply get tunneled do you have proof ? 
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options
    When you say "constantly target you," do you mean tunneling or repeatedly get into games with you and specifically go after only you in all of those games?
  • Dinaqma
    Options
    Getting into games with same killers who specifically come after me. 
  • amaru1
    amaru1 Member Posts: 40
    Options
    @Dinaqma that’s definitely reportable then but you might wanna get proof somehow to be more effective 
  • TheBean
    TheBean Member Posts: 2,320
    edited February 2019
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Getting into games with same killers who specifically come after me. 

So killers aren't supposed to hunt down and hook survivors?

I hear what you are saying though.. but I believe you'd need to provide some proof that it is happening to you.

You can't blame a killer who has played you.. decide to kill you off first if you are easy prey. You can't blame the killer when you get the same players all the time...

• Dinaqma
    Options
    Oh  please stick up for killers.. as they aren’t already babied enough by the devs.. killers cry about something and it’s fixed with a hot patch.. survivors mention bugs and they are fixed within a year.. 
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    You say you’re gonna bam console players.. yet the reports I’ve made against killers whom target me with intention to ruin game play.. are still playing... I guess it’s ok for killers to have constant retaliation against survivors they don’t like.. and get away with it. 
    They aren’t goona ban just on your say so, they review the report quit bitching
    Post edited by Paddy4583 on
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    Oh  please stick up for killers.. as they aren’t already babied enough by the devs.. killers cry about something and it’s fixed with a hot patch.. survivors mention bugs and they are fixed within a year.. 

We playing the same game?

• MPGamer18
    MPGamer18 Member Posts: 124
    Options

you might want to uninstall now.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@Dinaqma said:

I think you mixed Killer and Survivor.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dinaqma said:

First of all, tunneling is totally legit.

And then, all the toxicity, rl death threats, constant DCing isnt properly punishedon PC, so why would that be different on console?

THe devs now have the possibility to bann players on console aswell, doesnt mean that they do it

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Dinaqma said:
    You are able to report people who constantly target you and purposely ruin  your game play. This is a console ban rule. So, killers who have issues with certain survivors can’t constantly target them, and that’s a form on bad behavior.  However, killers can lobby doge by seeing Our name. Survivors game NO way to avoid  killers that they have issues with. We report them, and NOTHING happens.,

Console ban rule?

Do you care to elaborate? That would be new to me

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    If you're talking about the Killer tunnelling you it's not bannable.

If you met the killer a couple times spread out during the game session that's not bannable they're not targeting you specifically.

It's only bannable if the killer specifically goes out of their way just to encounter you ok lobby dodging until they fine you and solely targeting you.

The clown tunneled me one game or when I was playing a long a gaming session I met the same huntress 3 times are not situations where you could ban a person
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options

People are getting banned, but that doesn't mean you'll never see them again. We have an escalation process that we follow because permanently banning someone over their first petty offense would be overkill. It goes 1 day > 2 day > 1 week > permanent. In extreme cases a step could be skipped if it is deemed necessary. More details can be found here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/19450/game-rules-and-report-system#latest

If you notice the same people still doing it, please report them again. If they keep it up their bans will quickly become permanent.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options
    Banning in the situation you are referring to means they go soley after you each and every game and will throw or let the others go, if they do the same with the others in your game then it's not singling you out.

You also need video evidence to support your claims if its happening.

If it's a killer you keep getting that camps and tunnels everyone but you seem to get found first then it's within the rules so be careful of reporting as they are false claims and they talked about them also being bannable.
  • GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Options
    Dinaqma said:
    Tunneling isn’t bannable. 

That was from an official Dev stream. 

• Samwise
    Samwise Member Posts: 36
    Options

@Dinaqma said:

So killer problems get hot fixed huh? lets see about that. PC killers had to deal with a sound bug on killer end for nearly 5 months before a fix came. Remember the true insta blind flash light? 5 days before that one got a fix cause it happened on the weekend and I guess BHVR don't have a weekend crew for major problems. And last but not least the scratch marks bug, wanna take a guess how long that went on for killers? it was for more then 10 months and each of these were game breaking problems on killer side. Now go do some research on how fast game breaking bugs have been fixed for survivors.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

Record a video if it's so consistent and submit it to support and then if you're actually being targeted they'll take further action.

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options
    Can guarantee right now this guys false reporting people. 

Killers can chase and kill you, if same killer next game hes allowed to chase and kill you, if its him next game hes allowed to chase and kill you and so on.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

Hmmm, maybe its because tunneling is not bannable but atleast your salt is savory

• captainlongshlong
    captainlongshlong Member Posts: 87
    Options

@Dinaqma said:

So you want the devs to ban a killer because they killed you. You do realise that that's the entire point of the game, right?

Tunnelling is a legitimate strategy. Pick on the weakest target and get them out of the game as quickly as possible so they can't repair generators, which makes the game harder for the remaining survivors and easier for the killer.

Don't be such a salt bag.