Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Soo... CORRUPT INTERVENTION BASEKIT WHEN?

2»

Comments

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    edited September 2022

Bad spawns. Today I've had 2 dredge games where I couldn't find anyone and they basically got 2 free gens. Admittedly I kinda got carried away using my power but that still felt BS

• DBDVulture
    DBDVulture Member Posts: 2,437

Corrupt base kit would cause survivors to rotate on game start or hide. It would be far more likely for there to be an immediate chase.

It would make it far more likely that 2-3 gens will not pop by the end of the first chase.

Both of these things would make playing killer more fun/fair.

The response is funny and sarcastic yet true.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

I never really use Corrupt intervention. Early game I find survivors faster without it. I just go for the furthest gens from my position, otherwise they would be anywhere

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Kill rates do matter. They give a good indication of how the win rate is just in general I get that the kill rate goes higher the lower you go in ranks, but those lower and medium ranks also matter. The game can not only be balanced around high ranks. The devs have to try and balance the game for all ranks.

So no, I do not think 61% kill rates are fine. And it seems like many people don't. There are good reasons why killer queue times are clearly longer than survivor queue times, and ignoring that won't get you anywhere. Sure, they are also longer because survivor can be so unfun at the moment, but that's also exactly what the devs need to address, nerfing the unfun strategies for survivors to go against. And of course buffing solo queue, but all of that combined would probably also require some more killer buffs, like map improvements.

So in the end, if BHVR really does keep on with balancing this game, the game will gradually become better for both sides.

Also, if you think that the buffs to killers weren't impactful, then fine, but I, and it seems like most people, disagree. The extra 10 seconds on gens definitely was noticeable, and I surely am not alone with that opinion. And while killers had some of their slowdown perks nerfed, they also had some of them buffed, and still have a bunch of viable slowdown perks. Some slowdown perk synergies are arguably a bit too strong. But that's hard to tell. All the other small buffs combined definitely make a nice difference as well. Not a huge impact of course, but still an impact.

Hyperfocus, at least with Stake Out is a problem though, I do agree, but you do not see those builds in the average match. Nonetheless, I do hope they address Hyperfocus and Stake Out in the coming update.

Also, I am sure that Deadharding for distance removed definitely also helped increase the kill rates. But you are right, that one change alone was a clear buff to killers, so that is yet another buff that can be added to the list of buffs that killers received, right? It clearly has made killers stronger, especially at high ranks because that's where Dead Hard was used most effectively.

Killers are clearly in the best spot they have ever been, and also arguably in a better spot than survivors. Admittedily though, I am hoping for some more nerfs to camping and tunneling, and if that happens, I won't care too much about whether basekit Unbreakeable will get into the game or not. But it's clear, especially when looking at queue times, that survivors are now in need of some improvements.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,495

UHHHHHH are we playing the same game???? Oni, Twins, and Myers mains would like to talk to you

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Well one big difference here is that, at least in the majority of cases, it's the killers fault for letting gens get done so fast. Not always of course, and surely at some point it would be nice if those situations, where killers had very little chance to do anything, get addressed as well. However, when it comes to being tunneled off the hook, there is nothing the survivor that was unhooked can do to prevent that. They just would go down immediately after being unhooked, and the basekit BT now at least gives them a bit of a fighting chance.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

If I say yes what are you gonna say next, that I'm low MMR or what other strawman?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

It's almost never the killer's fault that the gens went by fast. What's he supposed to do? Pressure the gens aka never commit to a down and the gens fly anyway? You would need 4 perks that give you good, continuous value throughout the match, and killers simply don't have that. Corrupt goes as soon as you down someone. Pain Res and Pop you need like 10 hooks. Call of Brine and Overcharge get gen tapped. Hexes need to stay up all game. Eruption you need to kick a bunch of gens. Jolt you need to down constantly. Can't do anything to gens with info or chase perks. So what DO we have, really?

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited September 2022

I take it you never experienced a good swf who body blocked + ds'd at EGC? Basically if 3 survivors were alive and you didn't have max stacks stbfl/an insta down killer they got out for free. The reason why every anti-tunnel & anti-camp mechanic has been made weaker is because SWF weaponizes it to be as efficient/maximize as much gain as possible. Even outside of EGC the one who got off hook being able to bodyblock for the unhooker is silly. It completely ceases being 'anti-tunnel/anti-camp' as soon as you are using it to protect the health state of a teammate.

• Should make all survivors stuck to the ground until they lose their first health state. After that, healing back to uninjured by any means immediately kills them. Its just so toxic for survivors to escape. Infinite exposed should be base kit. Terror radius heartbeat should be removed from the game. Spine Chill radius should be reduced to 1m.

Am I foruming right guys???

• toxik_survivor
    toxik_survivor Member Posts: 1,184

Haven't you heard. Killers don't get base kit perks. They stinky

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Killer is fine after 6.1. Only a few specific Killers need buffs. Blanket buffs are dumb. Nurse and Blight don’t need to be even stronger.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534

i hope soon. survivors are getting basekit bt and unbreakable (most likely basekit ds too and hook changes for camping) and what does killers have? a 10% brutal strength, a mini pop that takes away 2 seconds, and 10 seconds added to gens. there has to be basekit corrupt atleast for 60-90 seconds

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

? Corrupt dies after first down. According to most of players, Corrupt literally do nothing against these killers.

No one should balance this game around Nurse, because thats not possible, she is broken. How about we forget she and Blight exist and then we look at the killers.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

What is “a lot” of situations cuz so far it’s just one. I want a list.

Meanwhile you can also reflect on the fact that you do not need to bring a perk to slug. You can do it at your own will, only now you have 45 seconds base to worry about it each time you do it.

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,615

not gonna happen... basekit perks will be only for survivors

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244

Nah just give Killers 6 Perk slots.The math is there when unbreakable becomes basekit.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,263

What makes you say that?

Have you seen me name call anyone??