Matchmaking Incentives are only for survivers

Options

Matchmaking Incentives are only for survivors, in 6.2.2 ?

In 6.2.2, survivors only,

In 6.1.0, survivors and killers.

I played on PS4.

Comments

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

I have never seen anything but 100% for Survivor. Can it go higher, or is 100% the max? I would solo queue for 250% bonus lol

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited September 2022
    Options

I've seen plenty of 100% or 50% of killers in a day, guess it's rather balanced unlike pre patch.

• TMCalypso
    TMCalypso Member Posts: 334
    Options

At around midnight eastern time survivor incentive drops to 25% and around 1 a.m killers start to get incentives. It is back to 100% survivor by the time the sun comes up.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

Given the game needs 4 survivors for every 1 killer, survivors are bound to have the incentive most of the time. It's nearly impossible to tell if survivors are leaving the game because if both sides have about 50% of the players wanting to play it, the incentive is still going to show 100% survivor.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

I've seen it 100% for killer

...like twice since update...

...for like ten minutes each time.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

It's usually 100% killer around when most people get off work or school.

In other words, when everyone is hopping on to play with their friends in SWF. I never benefit from the killer bonuses bc I'd rather play with my friends and get no extra bloodpoints.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    edited September 2022
    Options

I've seen them in the whole range from +100% survivor to +100% killer. Actually matches up with what we kinda knew already, stays at 100% survivor with maybe a dip to 50% during most of the day, and as you head into the evening it moves over to killer more often than not.

EDIT: At least for me. I'll make no mention of MMR as who knows, and who knows if the softcap influences the incentives like it does matchmaking. But northern EU region.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

I've had an entire evening of +50% killer the other day (EU).

As others have said, it's on the most needed role. Killer is an attractive role in and of itself, survivor needs a little convincing to have enough players.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, in europe the killer incentive comes up when all the swf bullies are online. I am not sure if that because they feed enough survivors in that way, or if most killer just avoid that time to play.

Sadly, solo queue doesn´t get better in that time frame.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169
    Options

That happens because SoloQ is Hell, it's full of players that don't know what they are doing, which means the better SoloQ survivors are mostly waiting for when they have know friends to play with cause they don't wanna deal with the Potatoes. So there's less Survivors.

Since Matchmaking is now working basicly with Crossplay always on that means it's giving priority to whoever is in Queue the longest. So that makes the skill level barely relevant, they will ten to the needs of finding matches quickly instead of Balanced matches. IF there's too manny high skilled SWFs then there won't be manny high skill killers to face them and system just picks a middle skill killer to get a match going for those 4 people.

IF you play with crossplay off tho the skill level will probably increase but it will take longer to get matches cause you're telling the system, i don't want certain matches and players. Would also help preventing cheaters from running rampant and ruinning matches across all platforms but Queue times will suffer greatly.

I feel like Matchmaking Incentives would work better with Crossplay OFF. That way you see on each platform and region what is needed. There might be plenty of killers on PS or Xbox in US but there's no Survivors, but there's plenty of Survivors on Steam for example in the same region. This way the Incentives would make sense and people would be jumping roles more.

• LuthirFontaine
    LuthirFontaine Member Posts: 375
    Options

Well you could always play survivors, its like hell there is always room for one more...

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,289
    Options

I still believe it's for the simple reason that later in the day, it's more likely more people someone wants to play SWF with are online. I'm convinced the "play killer when alone, play SWF when friends are online" demographic is a pretty big part of the DBD playerbase, and the later in the day you get the more likely it is the whole squad is done with school/work/other obligations and can game for a few hours.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

And i am also in EU, it just happens sometimes for one or two matches. 95% of times it always on survivors.

I loved how you took screenshot for the moment it was on killer and you made it from 9 pm to 11 pm for every evening.

• Brhoom
    Brhoom Member Posts: 241
    Options

That's because playing survivor right now isn't fun.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I’ve noticed a concerted effort by killer players here to marginalize the fact that in the wake of patch 6.1.0, significantly fewer players queue as survivor. I think they’re afraid that if the truth catches on, more changes from that patch will be reverted to bring survivors back.

• Ayodam
    Options

Where I live it always appears to be on survivor. Doesn’t matter when I log in, survivor has the 100% bloodpoints bonus. I did see it shift to killer (~25%) once a few days after the update, though. It might change really late at night; I haven’t tested. But when I queue as killer it takes a while for me to get a match.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    Options

Everyone who is complaining about incentives being only for Survivor, first of all they are there to entice players to play a role thats lacking numbers when the other role has long queues, they are not there to entice people to play a role when there are queues so they get even longer. And second, you know you are not locked into Killer role, right? I mean you can click on "Play as Survivor" for no aditional charge and enjoy the bonuses, buying the base game unlocks both roles for everyone.

• Crowman
    Options

Can you actually prove there is significantly fewer people queueing up as survivor, because all the incentive system is doing is showing which role needs players to start games which will generally be survivor because the game needs 80% of the players to play as survivor for balanced matchmaking.

Not to mention the incentive do switch to killer here and there so it's not even like the game is always looking for more survivors.

• DudelPuma
    DudelPuma Member Posts: 329
    Options

sadly its a lie from yourself xD i swear i would everytime playing Killer from 9-11 but its never happen, only for 20min myb ? and then again for survivor its look like more a bug, because the que is still long for killer when i saw that

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options

Last night after 20:00 it was 100% killer for me. Got in about 6 killer games until it switched to 25% survivor. That was some good BP with some pudding I got.

• Ayodam
    Options

…Yes, it can be proven. Tag Mandy or Peenits and request that information.

• Ayodam
    Options

1.) You didn’t really ask anything; your ‘question’ ended with a statement.

2.) I directed you to where you should go.

• Crowman
    Options

You want to state that people are trying to downplay survivors leaving the game, but you can't actually prove this is the case.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

SoloQ is indeed hell, thanks to awesome teammates. it has nothing to do with Patches or whatever, its all about horrorgame-teammates. They are the real horror in this "horror-game".

• Ayodam
    Options

I mean your entire response was a begging the question fallacy, so I assumed you weren’t serious. And now I know that you definitely aren’t. You’re dismissed.

• Crowman
    Options

All you've shown is there isn't actually a mass survivor exodus

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

The game needs 4 survivors for every killer to be perfectly balanced in the queues so I would definitely not be surprised if most of the time the incentive is for survivors to play. For example if half the playerbase queues up for survivor and half killer it needs 60% of the survivors to switch sides to be balanced.

And even then, I’ve occasionally seen a killer incentive briefly recently. I think the only reason it was stuck on 100% survivor the whole time in prior weeks is because tons of people were trying Wesker out, now a bunch of those people are back to their normal play routines of maybe killer or maybe survivor.

• mischiefmanaged
    mischiefmanaged Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 372
    Options

After the Wesker release I'd see 100% on survivor all the time no matter the time. I've now started to see the incentive go to killer around 9 PM US eastern for a few hours.

I played two matches yesterday with the incentive at 100% for killer.

During the day, it's always 100% on survivor. But, that also matches with my general understanding of the queue times. The main people playing in the middle of the day are streamers or people playing by themselves in some way so there are more killers than survivors (4:1 ratio), but people play with their friends at night and there are more people playing so more survivors than killers.

• omemeta
    omemeta Member Posts: 13
    Options

Last and this week, I played from 8 pm to 0am in Japan, all Incentives were for survivors.

It's Japan only issue ?

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,394
    Options

Yesterday i played killer with crossplay bc of the matchmaking incentive. Got a cheater first game. Never again.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I have it about same time it changes between 50% and 100%.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Later at night, and especially on weekends, it'll change to +100% Killer on NA West. That completely makes sense as that's when SWFs are more likely to be able to meet up and the percentage of Killers in queue would drop to less than 20%.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

That feels like quite the copium to me. I was on vacation for like 2 weeks, but have been playing before and after that a lot. And yes, the bloodpoint incentives do sometimes appear for killers as well. But the vast majority of time, survivors have the 100% Bloodpoint incentives. There is no denying that.

This game has a shortage of survivor players. No, it's not nearly as bad as some people here would want you to believe. But it surely isn't great either. In the end, this game needs to strive for a 4:1 survivor-killer ratio. There is a clear imbalance in queue times.

And there are good reasons for that. Survivors just have too many frustrations to deal with. The balance gap between swf and solo survivors is one, but arguably the biggest problems right now are camping and tunneling. Those need to be addressed. All of them probably shouldn't be addressed without also addressing some more killer frustrations, but they still need to be addressed. And right now, some more nerfs to camping and tunneling are probably the most important changes that need to happen. That would maybe also finally get queue times closer to balanced again.

• ad19970
    Options

You are not actually accusing them of lying, just because what they are saying doesn't fit your narrative, or? Because if so, that would be pretty ridiculous.

I am positive they aren't lying. Just yesterday evening, when I was playing, there were 50% bloodpoint incentives for killers for like an hour or two, which I believe was between 10 and 12 pm.

That doesn't change the fact that survivors have these incentives for like 90% of the time, and that when killers have bloodpoint incentives, survivor queue times are still always pretty fast, clearly showing that survivors are now in need of some improvements, most importantly by nerfing camping and tunneling some more, and/or by buffing solo survivors. But killers can sometimes have bloodpoint incentives as well nevertheless.

• Crowman
    Options

You have to realize that actually achieving a ratio of 80% people playing survivor and 20% people playing killer is never going to happen no matter how balanced the game gets. In an situation where both roles are equally enjoyable to play as, you'll likely see closer to a 50/50 split.

This is why the incentive is important and why they aren't an indicator of survivors leaving the game. They help keep the queues balanced when naturally queues want to be unbalanced. And considering that the incentives do switch to killer at times, it's even more a blow to the idea that "survivors are leaving the game". If the game was always in desperate need of survivor players then the incentive would always be on them and never change.

• ad19970
    Options

I am sure they can't, because there aren't fewer people playing survivor than there are people playing killer. In fact, I am positive that there are still almost always more survivor players than killer players, because even just a 50/50 distribution would still result in longer killer queue times than we have now normally.

But that is also not the most relevant information. The fact is that DBD needs a good 4:1 survivor/killer rato. And right now that clearly isn't really given. Before the 6.1.0 update, queue times were pretty damn balanced. But not anymore, and to me that is good sign that survivors need some improvements. Tunneling and especially camping are the biggest problems for survivors, as far as I can tell, and those tactics need to be nerfed some more.

There have clearly been people that stopped playing survivor, and camping and tunneling seem to be the main reason for most people to dislike survivor right now. Killers got a bunch of buffs to help them with their frustrations, survivors now deserve the same.

• Crowman
    Options

You cannot prove that people have stopped playing survivor. The incentives are not an indicator of this especially when they do swap to killer at times. You have come to a conclusion and are solely looking to find things to prove your conclusion.

And people willing to either side of the game is not an indicator of survivors being inbalanced. You will never naturally achieve an 80% survivor playerbase without survivors being too strong because in order for 80% of the playerbase to want to survivor over killer they would have to be the stronger side.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,435
    Options
  • ad19970
    Options

This kind of doesn't make sense when considering that queue times were pretty balanced before the 6.1.0 update. Killer queue times were a bit longer during the day, and during the evening, survivor queue times were a bit longer. Killer queue times have clearly increased, heavily suggesting there has been an increase in killer players and a decrease of survivor players. You are right though, I can't prove it, but it makes the most sense logically to me. I can not find another explanation as to why killer queue times clearly increased after the last midchapter dropped.

Kill rates are at 61%, and killer queue times on average are clearly longer than survivor queue times, which wasn't the case before the 6.1.0 update. To me, that clearly shows that survivors are now in need of some more improvements. I see no reason why only killers should be improved, and not survivors. Camping and tunneling are easily the most complained about aspect of DBD as well, it would be pretty stupid to continuously just ignore those issues.

And if you look around on different sites discussing DBD, it seems like a vast majority agrees that survivors need some help against their frustrations.