Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Stop Onryo condemning spamming

This last week every time I play against an Onryo they have all done the same tactic over and over again and it’s getting ridiculous.

With constant teleporting to tvs, addons that give comdemned when doing actions, tv placements on maps being completely inconsistent, and Onryo slugging on top of it all, has been a nightmare to face.

They try to go for full condemned which I’m not saying is bad, but they slug is the problem. Plus the tvs are too rng dependent and way too close together or apart. I had two tvs right next to one Gen and after teleporting to both got two levels of condemned off.

On top of that, inserting a tape doesn’t interrupt the Onryo teleporting at all. Do if you’re right at the tv ready to insert the tape, nothing stops her from teleporting.

In my opinion, the addons that apply condemning to healing shouldn’t apply if they’re downed. The slugging is just annoying at this point. Can they also please fix the tv rng, every Onryo I have faced has been like this and it’s getting completely unfun to face

Comments

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510

Just hold shift (run) while slugged - it's usually faster to bleed out after 4 minutes than deal with this agonizing slow style of play.

Then if she hooks you - well, you do what you got to do.

But - this may all change with the new anti-slug mechanics coming along.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Yeah, that addon should just be destroyed. It should be base kit anyway.

The purpose of Condemn imo is to be slowdown like Pig traps. Since Sadako is primarily a hit and run killer, Condemn is meant to be her passive slowdown much like Legions Deepwounds.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,206
    edited September 2022

Asking for a nerf to one specific addon combo*

There's a difference. Sadako needs basekit buffs but Iri Tape and Ring Drawing really aren't ok.

• Lynxx
  • Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,173

its not to slowdown the game. its to kill people. pig is about slowing down the game. sadako is about mori people out of the game. Pig also mori people out of the game but it is little more luck based. sadako's passive is not some extra feature. its entire her win-condition.

these posts are like nerf pig posts or nerf tombstone myer add-on's. please stop requests unnecessary negative changes to weaker killers. they do not need negative changes.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

Ironically Pig actually has more anti-loop than her. The dash is niche as hell in how and when to use it, but its still more effective than the phase intensity spinning back and forth stuff people have been desperately trying to make work.

• Devil_hit11
    edited October 2022

well sadako's invisible is 0.5 seconds after manifesting(de-cloaking). I do not understand why they thought that spirit's base passive is good enough chase tool. In order for sadako to have better 1vs1, They would need condense her 3 second duration flicker into 1 long 3 second flicker. Survivors would just complain that sadako is spirit 2.0 with mori's if her chase was good.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886

While the condemned playstyle is pretty much necessary at higher MMR, this is an overstatement, imo. I'd rank 3-5 killers behind her. At low-mid, she's totally viable without the condemnation strat.

She desperately needs buffs to be universally viable, though. You absolutely hit an MMR wall at which the condemnation strat is necessary to compete consistently. Sadly, that's why I mildly smurf with her to keep from reaching that point, because I don't like playing that way.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited September 2022

How is Sadako supposed to apply condemn basekit if that's supposed to be her win condition? Not very well, that's how. You just drag out matches. You need addons like Iri Tape, Tape Deck or Ring Drawing in order to even have a realistic hope. Good luck finding those Tapes with those prestige webs.

Moris are nice, but they're unreliable and inconsistent. And honestly its kinda boring for both sides to try to force them. I love Iri Tape because the constant Condemnation accumulation puts pressure on the survivors like Bear Traps or the Box and buys a little bit of time. The powerful ability to murder is more of an actual incentive to perhaps get off a generator and go to a TV.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Goddamit, well. Guess I will just have to sit and watch as she gets butchered freddy style.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Sadako needs some love. Easily the worst killer in the game.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

WE REALLY COMPLAINING ABOUT THE WORST KILLER IN THE GAME

omg this community is just the, i don't even know how to describe it

• Devil_hit11
    edited September 2022

If they wanted make her base-kit mori's more usable without add-on, they could make it that her m1 increase condemn stack by 1 so that she has consistent way to build up condemn without relying long cooldown televisions. It would work similar to freddy's m1 putting you into dream world, Its just that casual player find mori's and instant downs overbearing to play against, so most killer that have a mori in their power often rely on high-rarity add-on for their mori to function properly. those add-on usually get a ton of complaints.

to answer your question, she cannot mori at base-kit. her base-kit balance is disasterious bad from variable and fundamental perceptive. She is one of those exotic luxuries add-on type killers. Without mori add-on, she's m1 killer with highly dysfunctional ability. Her condemn build-up is very fair mori mechanic with ring drawing. VCR+iri tape is unfair version of her condemn build-up mechanic but I do not want to talk about that one but people will play that combo if base-kit unbreakable happens.

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250

I understand your feeling that slugging is boring.

Needless to say, Sadako is weak. But at the same time, it seems to me that the developers find mori more attractive than I think it is.

The base kit needs to be changed. Almost all the facts related to the blamed status are no-pressure factors without those add-on builds.

It's hard to think about because it's an M1 killer with only a few manageable stealth. How can we keep mori as an attractive aspect and still make Sadako a decently playable killer? I would like to think about this with everyone and with you.

• Lynxx

See this statement that she's a weak killer and has to play this way doesn't add up for me. Usually going for condemnation kills they end up slugging everyone so many times that they would have easily killed the survivors had they just hooked them instead. But no, they keep slugging to play for those condemnation kills which drags the match out. And those mini moris are frankly underwhelming anyway.

• JordanMalicious
    JordanMalicious Member Posts: 383

Sadako needs some tweaking so that condemn stacks aren't the only viable strat for her in higher tier games. However, I don't think they need to get rid of it, just buff her and give her more options so people have a choice about how they wanna murder survivors 🤙

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I versed this the other day as a solo, she got 1 kill and it was at the very end and that was all on Jeff for staying in the trial after the gates was open and we had left.

I honestly dont see an issue with it balance wise, as long as you clock what shes doing its pretty easy to deal with and has alot you can do.

This strat only really works out if survivors are completely oblivious to what's going on and their condemned or the killer is far higher skill than the survivors and getting lots of easy hits (in which case she could play normally and win).

I just find it boring as they don't really chase, so it's just sit on gen and hold W while she teleports a bunch.. not very interactive but not very strong either

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Actually Sadako is one of the ones next due for a balance pass so it could hypothetically be as soon as early 2023. The main reason the devs haven’t done a character balance pass in 2022 is they got tabled because of everything else in this year’s roadmap. Almost everything in that roadmap is done now though aside from bots in custom matches and the upcoming mori change now on the test server. Once those two things are done we could hypothetically see a character pass on someone as early as the following midchapter.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495

You should also realize there is a trophy for condemning, what, like, 30 people? It's hard to get too.

• NrrhArts
    NrrhArts Member Posts: 23

The TVs aren't actually rng before, it'll generate a TV as close as it can to every gen

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638
  • BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,827

The anti-slugging changes on the PTB are already going to make this a bit weaker, so you probably won't see it much once that is released.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    edited October 2022

I'm mostly sure they do play against competent survivors plenty of times from their PoV, that's why they do it to everyone.

BHVR never added a method to know survivor's skill level.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

I play Hit&Run Sadako with Info build so no Condemned spamming from me, i do a bit of slugging if there's multiple survivors around me. The more Hits i get the better, i'll trade 4 injures for a Hook, i don't care, it will make my chases shorter during mid game so i'll quickly collect my Hooks. And being able to teleport quickly means you're not that safe getting heals off or doing gens.

The FORCED Condemned playstyle requires that you babysit survivors, i'm NOT A BABYSITTER.

She's a pretty good pressure killer if you got INFO in a constant flow. Discordance, BBQ, the add-on that shows TV's that are turned off. Sloppy, STBFL, Call of Brine to have Heal, Chase and Gen pressure.

I don't understand why people want to force Condemned Mori's, yeah you can get some people out of the game quickly but you're nothing besides spamming TP's and making mental gymnastics to guess how manny stacks everyone has.

JUST PLAY THE game as a normal killer, you'll do exactly the same and get kills anyway. Hell you're even gonna get more Pips cause you're actually getting hooks.

• lemonsway
    lemonsway Member Posts: 1,169

If i were to buff Sadako i'd make it so passive Condemned is much faster and you can only Interact with the TV that you have to insert the tape at. Meaning you can't turn off every single TV. You can get a tape to turn one tv off and then you have to place the tape on the specific tv, which should always be the furthest away from where you are.

These 3 things would make her much better as a killer and create a higher risk reward for Survivors, they can turn off a Tv by taking Tape but they will get Condemned really quickly and they have to go really far, which means they have to either take their tapes earlier or have the massive risk of getting Mori'ed.

This way you make it more high risk for survivor, increase the potential for Condemned Mori without needing to play a style that is annoying and you keep the ability for Sadako to be a strong M1 killer.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

thankfully the playstyle is getting nerfed with the basekit unbreakable

Sadako is much better than everyone thinks she is but again the majority of the playerbase attempt to bloodlust every pallet with her and wonder why they cant down anyone in a timely manner lol

I've seen better results on Sadakos that play normally with gen kicking builds than the slug everyone for condemn stacks build, all the latter does it draw games out for far too long.

If you're so desperate to use her free mori mechanic go play Pyramid Head and tunnel someone out once they've stepped in your goop.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

It's really boring, then again that's all Sad-ako has going for her

• fengminenjoyer
    fengminenjoyer Member Posts: 62

It gets annoying as survivor to play against but its really the only good gameplay she has.

• Pumpkinbros
    Pumpkinbros Member Posts: 425
    edited October 2022

more and more I've been realizing just how necessary basekit unbreakable is, this toxic "you guys have to be patient for me to win" a killer as of right now could down all 4 survivors, and without the mori mechanic, just win by waiting. completely removing skill or playing the game. with onryo slugging for a 4k, or a mori kill its just sad that she can force her kill on you, opposed to simply playing the game and making it go faster.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
  • IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Twins def not the worst killer. Not even close. Freddy is in the same tier as Sad-ako tho

• Sheridan_LT
    Sheridan_LT Member Posts: 417
    edited October 2022

Good luck, it's gonna be like Freddy where they just give her a really boring passive with zero chase power and permanent TVs. Would be fun if TVs gave passive Condemned tho.

Wow, I am so happy Sadakos are playing the game correctly. But to answer your question, not complaint, "how do I counter a Sadako going for a 4 Condemned kill playstyle?" I would answer "go do TVs." Take tapes, turn off a lot of TVs. Stop complaining and actually engage with the Killer's base mechanic, if you're being slugged often then play in a 4 man SWF. Run Unbreakable, Flip Flop and Tenacity lol. It's not difficult.