What is your opinion about Dredge?

Options

How do you feel about him? Playing as him or againts him? How strong he is? Etc.

Comments

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

Glad someone likes him a lot too!

Fun fact: Its always so funny when you teleporting to one locker and someone suddenly gets grabbed by you haha. Never gets old.

• StuMacher
    StuMacher Member Posts: 110
    Options

I feel the same way. I'd rather play against any other killer. The nightfall really bothers me.

I also don't play nurse because the cool down, where she looks at her feet and kind of shakes her head. It makes me nauseous.

Playing as him is fun. It's like a way better Freddy.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

I tried him at release, and he instantly became my second main killer, along with hag.

The problem is he is not too strong, because there are always zones without lockers where he has no power, as well as locked lockers waste a lot of times, if done right. But then, a lot of survivors simply lock all lockers, and thats a big timewaster on their side.

I also like playing against him, i really like the nightfall-concept both as killer and as survivor.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,818
    Options

I think hes a very balanced and fair killer, both to play against as survivor and to play as a killer.

I would rather meet him than Nurse, Spirit, Bubba, Myers, Wraith, Huntress, Trixter or Blight.

And i have no issues with the nightfall, i am more on edge tho

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Mediocre but fun killer. Like Clown.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

The more I play him the less I enjoy him. Holding W is the best way to play against him, which isn't something I enjoy playing against. And getting stuck in a locked locker constantly is really frustrating.

Love playing against him though.

• Elessar93
    Elessar93 Member Posts: 92
    Options

Not so good killer vs good survivors but looks like a turkey so I love him.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

I've gotten a round of chill survivors, and his ability hasn't felt as sluggish as in other times, so I've had fun with him. He still needs some work to become viable, and most of that comes from his tp. Not only is his tp way too slow when coming from a long distance, but it isn't instant as it's supposed to be, like Hag's tp. When I press the button, I should tp to my remnant or come out of that locker, and immediately be able to act out of that while keeping my forward momentum. Like Hag's tp, you tp to your remnant instantly and it just halts your momentum, allowing the survivor to get to the pallet or whatever. If that were fixed, man he would feel good to play. It's little qol changes like that which all killers need sooner or later.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I haven't played him much but I think he's cool but using his power in loops properly would take me a while to adjust to and I think other killers are rewarded more for the time to get good at them. I also think his teleport is too slow when not in nightfall. The last thing is that I think it takes too little time for survivors to lock lockers, I just don't think he's strong enough to have such easy counterplay.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I like Dredge. It’s fun to verse and play as. Rare for killers these days.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

Love both facing and playing him, Nightfall especially with Survivor is so fun to me from the sounds alone. All well done and has proper counterplay without being too weak

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Dredge is my favorite killer at the moment. I like stealth, I like teleporting around the map, and Dredge is great at both. It’s one of the few killers I’ve had survivors tell me in chat after a game I was jump scaring them, that alone means a lot to me. 🙂

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

It's a really neat Killer!

My one complaint about it is its map dependency though.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171
    Options

Visually they remind me of the Gravelord from Dark Souls.

Which is pretty neat-o.

I've never played them, but playing against them I don't feel like they're that strong.

Locker teleportation is great mobility, but it's RNG dependent and can be soft countered by Survivors.

IMO Nightfall is mostly just a gimmick. The locker speed is mostly what matters, and even then it only really helps at loops with unlocked lockers at them. I may be an outlier, but even as a solo queuer I never struggled to hear the Dredge during Nightfall (they make very distinct sounds) or see my way around the map either time I faced them.

The ability to leave a Remnant behind and teleport to it seems pretty handy, but it can be countered in chase by leaving the tile or baiting the teleport. It's also time consuming because of the movement slowdown involved, so using it out of chase isn't advisible.

Dredge has good mobility and a passable chase ability. Most of the time that's more than enough for a Killer to win. So I think they're mostly okay.

That said, they're not gonna be dethroning Nurse any time soon.

• WorthlessBeing
    WorthlessBeing Member Posts: 377
    Options

Great design, Great Mori, Great Backstory, and feels fun to play.

He also fits the desire I had for an Eldritch-related Killer, something truly out of this world, something impossible to grasp, that makes people go insane.

And he has a great skin potential too.

8.5/10

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Honestly, I have a BLAST playing against him. I love how he Mori's, how he picks people up.... Running in his Darkness Falls thing is really fun. I don't even care if I lose, it's just a fun game. The design is so inhuman and I am FOR it!

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

He's fun and can be spooky~ Love running around in the darkness and hunting people knowing they're as blind as I usually am. Only real complaint is how lockers spawn and how it affects Dredge

• clownster2000
    clownster2000 Member Posts: 19
    Options

he's my little scrunkly wunkly

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,156
    Options

Dredge antiloop was reason why I dropped him. You look ramdom direction after you teleport to remnant and not the survivor like hag looks. Also good survivors know to hold W and Dredge moves so slowly while holding it.

• Lekitzul
    Options

I played him once, teleported to a gate to try and catch someone on the Swamp, ended up on the second story of the boat and MESSED ME UP. XD

• Kasamsky
    Kasamsky Member Posts: 264
    Options

I think he's weak but his nightfall gives me a headache.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I like Sadako more, even if she is weaker.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

I like Dredge, one of my favorite killers to play and play against.

Some maps could use some more lockers though.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 12,994
    Options

i want dredge to give me a hug cause I know they would be a great hugger

Also I like playing them, however I don’t play dbd often so I can’t say much

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options

Aurguably one of the funnest killer's to play as/against!

Playing as him is really fun, especially during nightfall and seeing survivors not able to navigate well.

Vs Dredge, I love his Nightfall mechanic because you essentially have to rely on audio to track him

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Cant really comment on playing as him, on his release I just played survivor and even still I'm more a survivor main and if I play killer it's just random and I haven't really picked him

Versing him though is fine, have no issues with anything he can do (power or addons). Fun killer overall

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,545
    Options

Old RPD was fun for those times, though I did often get a nice juice survivor in closets from these funnily enough.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

They're very fun to play as, but with no addons Dredge is awful.

Going against them is fun too, but Nightfall gives me an extreme headache which kind of makes going against them a little meh for me most of the time.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

He's the killer I want to love the most and I do on a good few maps, the issue is that he only feels fun if you get a map with decent lockers some maps your teleport feels just painfully ineffective.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I dislike the Nightfall mechanic. His character model is pretty cool though.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 338
    Options

Going against him is usually fun, but I've already encountered a couple of Dredges trying their best to make games insufferable.

For the most part, Dredge is cool. The Nightfall thing is disorienting, but I mean this in a good way. In a "I'm uncomfortable I don't know what's going on" kinda way. A little less happy about the incredibly loud BAOWN sounds when I'm playing in the middle of the night. Up there with survivor screams on hook when we talk about sounds I specifically have to change the volume for when I'm staying up late (I can't use headphones due to health issues)

I can't talk about how it feels to play as because I still haven't unlocked him.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 593
    Options

As a Dredge Main i Love him his Design, Gameplay, Skins, Lore Everything he is so Fun to play :D

And a Decent B Tier Killer

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

one of the few fun and unique m1 killers

he just needs a few tweaks to make him viable and to draw more people into playing him.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

A fun killer, but I feel as if though it has a very limited skill cap and there’s not much you can do in bad maps. I love the suggestion that someone else said where it’d keep its momentum after teleporting to its remnant.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

I haven't played a lot of games against him. But when I do and we're playing indoor maps it's very hard to navigate, now imagine being also in deep wound. That thing s unbearable.

Since I don't have the experience yet I don't exactly know the maps without even looking and still, it does make you panic how dark everything gets.

His design is pretty cool and unique though.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

I feel like a predator when I play Dredge. Inhuman and formless death. Best M1 in the game.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    edited October 2022
    Options

I love playing him. He has good synergy with most perks, good addons, good mobility, stealth and okayish anti loop. Hes got everything a killer should have. All in all, a massive W by BHVR

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Really dont like going against them, in some maps like midwitch and other very dark maps nightfall is so obnoxious, going against a wall or random obstacle because you cant see isn't scary, fun or atmospheric, and because you cant do anything to stop that from happening its even worse. His chase power is really uninteresting to go against, its mostly just knowing if he is teleporting to lockers to cut you out or if he is using the remnant, which becomes a 50/50 favoring the killer where the best option for the survivor is to just hold w.

Don't know how he is to play as, didn't bought him because he looked boring, and now i just get annoyed going against him

• Lekitzul
    Options

Honestly, I don't care what they do to RPD I will always hate it. T.T