How would YOU make the Dream World more threatening...

Options
Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,645

and incentivise waking up?

Comments

• scenicpickle
    scenicpickle Member Posts: 265
    Options

I feel its should be lullaby while awake TR while asleep lullaby is trash it gives away location you don't know direction but you know distance also you cant go undetectable and TR perks don't work while asleep and maybe no skill check warning you are asleep after all i feel it should be annoying to do stuff while asleep

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

More information? Sleeping beauties doing generators now highlight their generators to Freddy. Because his power is teleporting to generators and the teleport cooldown is shorter with each snow white in the match.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,912
    Options

-buff snares - remove movement reduction when placing snares

-rework swinging chains and jump rope to reduce healing action speed and repair speed per survivor asleep.

-increase dream tokens of snare to 8(10)

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

no terror radious, no red stain and no lullaby... also perks made for tracking the killer like spine chill, premonition and alert doesn't work while in the dream world (if freddy should stay in the current state, otherwise i'll revert all his nerfs except for the possibility of waking up through the clock, in that way you'll have a decent killer, but with counterplay)

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,273
    Options
  • Devil_hit11
    Options

forever freddy was not forever. it was just bad players not being efficient at objective and failing loops. He was beatable and completely balanced unlike current f-tier freddy. current freddy is balanced for low-level play, old one was balanced for high-level play.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Make it possible for Freddy to teleport to his snares and pop out of them.

Make people unable to heal teammates that are awake and vice versa, it doesn't make sense you can interact with them if you're technically on two different planes of existence.

I'd argue for not even being able to see teammates but soloQ is already disorganized enough as it is and as cool as it would be to make the dream world an isolating experience you want to escape from ASAP it would probably make Freddy S tier against solos.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,273
    Options

Just like how impossible skill check doctor is not really impossible

The add ons simply hurt solo qs more than anything, and barely affected actual high level play. Also games are meant to be fun, nothing was fun about being forced into a lose-lose situation which at the end of the day simply made you hold M1 for even longer.

Freddy has been boring and uninspiring the moment he got his rework in 2019, he needs to be looked at again

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

Some things that would be interesting would be fake gens, or proximity activated jump scares that notify Freddy of location (thinking roasted pig from nightmare on elm st. 3 if I remember right), the ability to stretch corridors from the survivor’s perspective as they’re running down them, etc.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

but you weren't in a lose/lose situation, you just had to wake up to remove effectiveness of add-on's and his snares. freddy has no power in when your not in dream world like his lore suggests. his add-on did slowdown generator at higher-level play, that is why it got nerfed/removed like every other killer change. Its just that people exaggerated its strength like it always is for killer.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

By making his dream traps an actual threat. Right now it feels like Freddy either has no power or a weak power.

Snares should have all their nerfs reverted and Freddy should be able to teleport to active snares causing a blood explosion when he completes the action. This would slow survivor in a 10 meter radius around the snare

Pallets will always be a meme tbh

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Take away the stupid clocks. Give him his old snare/pallet amount back so he can use strategy and pre-anti-loop loops.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 357
    Options

Short before you're in the dreamland the screen goes black like a winking against the sleep. The longer you sleep, the more your vision becomes distorted. The walls are melting, there are random objects from other maps appearing and disappearing. You see fake freddys, fake generators (thx MDRSan) .

It's like clown and doctor having a baby.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited September 2022
    Options

To make the Dream World more threatening I would make Freddy more of a threat outside of the dream world.

• Freddy always has Snares + Dream Pallets without addons
    • Snares can be used outside of dream world
      • Snares speed up timer to Fall Asleep if stepped on while awake
      • Snares slow down the survivor if stepped on while asleep
    • Dream Pallets are only usable in Dream World but always available
    • Dream Snares and Dream Pallets share charges so Freddy has to manage resources better
    • Freddy's Dream Snare has an alternative Fire similar to how Dredge has an alt fire for Locker teleport - This let's him swipe to create a wave of blood similar to Pyramid Head's skillshot but it slows survivors who are asleep and doesn't affect awake survivors.

But to tl;dr

He needs to be more of a threat outside of the dream world

Being in the dream world needs to give survivors a sense of urgency to wake up - also - No reducing his teleport cooldown is not a reason to wake up. If he's constantly teleporting he's not getting anything done and it could honestly just be a flat 60 seconds teleport CD and it wouldn't change anything.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Once a survivors falls asleep they leave a sleeping husk in that place, while their dreams elf wanders about.

Their dreamself can't interact with awake survivors, but can repair gens and be affected by snares and palettes (shared ammo pool, like Jesterkind recommended), which should be more dangerous, ie bigger debuff or allow Freddy to see sleeping survivors around his snares via Killer Instinct.

When survivors are woken up they teleport back to their body and have a short waking and standing up period.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,190
    Options

I'd bring back Old Freddy.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

I’d just want to bring back old Freddy to be honest. But with aspects of his current kit like dream pallets and dream projection integrated into it.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Play forever Freddie... that will get them to wake up

Give some (not all) Gen slowdown to his basekit...

I mean it makes sense from IRL logic

But then again it could be to much

Not much else that I can think of

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

I would remove the awful filter that makes it difficult for my eyes to see. Then I would have flaming meteors fall from the sky. If hit, survivors instantly go into the dying state. If killer is hit, it knocks them 30 yards away from the impact site. Then, when one gen is left, lava starts spewing from the completed generators. Not enough to cover the whole map, but enough to make looping much more difficult. Stepping into the lava removes one health state.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427
    Options

-Remove dream immunity. If he hits you after using a clock, night-night.

-Give freddy more abilities in general. I'm just spitballing here, they could add stuff like dream totems, dream generators, dream walls, dream chests...

-Freddys lullaby can only be heard from 16 meters away

-You have to fail 3 consecutive skill checks in order to wake up

Freddy's a failed killer and he needs changes. This would be a good start I feel

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

I’d like if the blood puddles were maybe invisible in the dream world, once they step on it they activate or something.

I say this as an ex Freddy main who thinks unexpectedly stepping in one of Trappers traps is the only scary thing left in the game lol

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I'd love if Freddy worked more like Doctor and could swap his Dream Traps using Add Ons - he has the pallets, sure, but I'd want him to have more, like 4 different types plus his basekit (just like Doctor).

Of course he wouldn't have access to all of them in a single game, but it would be a neat thing having to discover which set of Dream Traps this Freddy you go up against is using and having to adapt your gameplay accordingly.

I also have an idea of making the Dream World and the real world two seperated realms of one another, which serve to seperate the Survivors from one another. This is still a WIP from me, but what if Freddy could suck people into the Dream World just like he did in his original state and then those sleeping Survivors could no longer interact with awake Survivors and vice versa (this would need to get rid of the passive sleep mechanic though, but would also remove the wake up claps from Survivors and limit them to alarm clocks and failed skillchecks).

The same rule would apply to Freddy, however he could freely swap between the two worlds and choose which one he wants to interact with.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,947
    Options

Some great ideas here; in case the devs are reading, please improve the visual appeal and style of the Dream World. It could look much cooler and interesting.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

Wow, its really FREDDY-TIME in this forum, right?

I have never seen so many different posts about one killer (well, besides complaining threads about Nurse).

Love it.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

Dream World should randomly spawn snares around the map every so often, for each survivor in it (without draining the killer's absurdly limited pool).

Also, every so often, the blood-freddy should begin to form on gens being worked on by sleeping survivors, to fake out if he's actually teleporting or not.

• Raccoon
    Options

Freddy is a killer where there are literally INFINITE possibilities given his dominion over the Dream World.

• Raccoon
    Options

There should definitely be a bigger illusory component to his kit!

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Give survivors a harsher field of view, make it darker or somewhat disorted like on GTA 5 when you take those drug challenges 😅

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 489
    Options

If you are not in lullaby range, Freddy's hand reachs through the snares and holds your ankle and you have to struggle out. Should Freddy approach, and you enter into his lullaby range, the hand let's go and the snares work as they do now. Even if his snare grabs you, you still take no damage

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,993
    Options

I would do a couple of things together:

• Allow Freddy to place Snares through obstructions.
    • Remove the activation time of a Snare - Snares now immediately become a threat after being placed.
    • Remove the movement speed penalty when placing a Snare.
    • When a Survivor enters the Dream World by any means, they are revealed by Killer Instinct for 3 seconds.

These changes would make his chase much stronger and give him some much needed information.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 549
    Options

if it was exaggerated then why did he was the most picked across all skill-levels and had the highest kill rates?

• Silasy
    Silasy Member Posts: 228
    Options

Revert the nerfs that he got and make his addons better.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2022
    Options
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

First, let's give some actual incentives for survivors going out of their way to use Alarm Clocks.

Alarm Clocks

Halts sleep timer for 60 seconds (was 30 seconds).

All other changes still apply.

With that out of the way, we will add a secondary effect to Freddy's Power: Deep Sleep.

When survivor's are asleep, another timer starts. Takes 120 seconds for survivors to enter Deep Sleep.

Deep Sleep

Removes the lullaby entirely.

Freddy sees the auras of all survivors performing interactions (I.E. Reparing, Healing, Etc.) outside of 32 meters, and can teleport within 12 meters to them.

Can only wake up through an Alarm Clock (with the exception of getting hooked), but they can use any Alarm Clock to wake up.

Miscellaneous

Nightmare can use both Dream Snares and Dream Pallets, but share a token system. Can only have at most 10 traps active in the trial.

Dream Snares now hold a survivor in place, they must succeed a difficult skill check to escape. If they fail, they will keep trying until they succeed. Dream Snares have a 10 second warm up period before they are armed.

Teleportation cool-down is significantly increased, but cool-down reduction from sleeping survivors is also significantly increased.

These my not be good ideas, but just to spark some conversation.

• Devil_hit11
    Options

i did not say he was not strong. I am just saying that forever freddy was exaggerated in terms of being forever. he was not unbeatable. he had high-kill rate from being accessible and strong at the same time because his add-on allowed him to gain rewards for pressuring survivors while his snares helped him acquire downs. he had tools to pressure the survivor.

Now his dream world is not threatening. Barely ever play against freddy now a days.

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318
    Options

I think these two are the most important ideas here. Switching TR to Dream World so that lullaby is for awake survivors would be HUGE.

Likewise, snares and dream pallets together as basekit is a big step in the right direction along with certain addons allowing for further hallucinations in Dream World like fake gens, lit totems or chests until interaction. This would be MASSIVE for making Freddy viable

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

5% hindrance, now freddy is op.