Maps you'd like to see?

Options

I would like to see a city map, like a Japanese district with Neon lighgts and stuff and tight streets etc. Feels fitting for Yui way more than Sanctum of Wrath? I guess Sanctum of Wrath fits Oni though.

As for Silent Hill, I'd like to see the Shopping Mall from SH3 and maybe Silent Hill town in general with the fog.

For Resident Evil maybe the Mansion from the first game?

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
  • JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941
    Options

That would fit Yui really well. Kind of disappointed we didn't get a new Map with the latest chapter but simply a rework.

I'd never thought of that. It reminds me of a game called, the Suffering on ps2. That was also a horror game about a prisoner, haven't played it yet though.

A theme park map would also be fun, imagine being able to ride some of the attractions.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

A Stadium map for Trickster and (the Survivor who's name I can not spell)

And I hate to say this but... have a Gen to power the lights on stage

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

Looks like the title screen when Trickster was released. Sadly it did not become a new map.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

Something like this. A beautifully designed one (Balance aside).

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited October 2022
    Options

Maps and related things I'd love to see

• The Overlook Hotel from The Shining. Both the hotel and its topiary maze would make for cool maps.
    • The Event Horizon ship. (Such a great and creepy movie!)
    • A killer I'd love to see is a Medusa that inflicts conditions on survivors who have her in their field of view. (Kind of like how they break Ghost Face out by having him in their field of view but in reverse where the survivors get Blind or Hindered or Incapitated or Exposed, etc, over time.) Alongside that though would be a map which is either a cavern or garden littered with the statues of her unwary victim and animals that passed through.
    • A barricaded shopping mall, ala Dawn of the Dead and such.
    • A sewer system or underground complex, ala the old Hawkins map.
    • A haunted battlefield. Could be a medieval battle, or a Civil War or World War I or II style battlefield. (Which era it is would probably depend on what killer if any is associated with it.
    • A creepy ghost cruise ship. (On a tangent, Triangle is an awesome creepy movie centered on an abandoned cruise ship, well worth seeing! 😄)

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options
  • Odawg241
    Odawg241 Member Posts: 65
    Options

All Kill is one of my least fav chapters, but if it had a neon city street map it'd be one of my favorites, missed opportunity

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options
  • Purple_Orc
    Purple_Orc Member Posts: 218
    Options

I'd like to see balanced maps

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

Leviathan's realm from hellraiser franchise.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,384
    Options

I’d still love an ancient castle, partially decaying but still standing strong, perhaps due to the Entity’s influence.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I'd like to see RPD and garden thrown in the trash

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Silent Hill: Town, Brookhaven Hospital, Alchemlilla Hospital, Lakeview Hotel, Nowhere

Resident Evil: Racoon City, The Village from 4, Mansion from 1

Halloween: Downtown Haddonfield

L4D: New Orleans

Hellraiser: Hell

• Cybil
    Options
  • AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

old silent hill

if rpd confuses people i think nowhere would actually drive them insane lol

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

I would also like to see a Clocktower but from the Clocktower game. ANd the Mansion from Haunting Ground as well as the Japanese mansion from Fatal/Frame Project zero. I feel the first two are more possible since they are owned by Capcom.

• Cybil
    Options

You have a point. Would love to see it though. I was thinking they could do something cool and create their own version with several landmarks from throughout the series.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I wish we had gotten an amusement park for clown instead of asylum with just some assets thrown to a tiny part of the map. Having a merry go round and a haunted house coulda been really cool.

Alternatively I think an airport could make for a cool map I think just because I loved going through the airport level in l4d so something like that.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

The Neon City map would be a great map to use, and certainly more variety to the current selection of maps. I'm all for that!

The RE Mansion, absolutely! Just remove some of the furniture (imagine looping around that bloody dining room table!).

And I'm all for Silent Hill maps, although my prefered choice would be South Ashfield Heights Apartments. It's not as well known, but again a map with more than 2 levels and the detail that can be put into thay would be amazing.

As for maps I'd like to see:

1. Maps based on survivors. These could be maps that exist to torture existing survivors with warped memories or bastardised versions of things they like...

So, for example, a) Claudette Morel - The Flesh Garden: a map replicating a botanical garden, complete with sizeable greenhouse area, but all plants are made of flesh and bone, and occassionally you will hear the whimper or cry, which impacts on both her empathic nature, her awkward social nature, and her interests.

b) Nea Karlsson - Zyderr Production Mill: A open-planned factory with lakes of toxic liquid both inside and around. Badly-scrawled graffiti flakes off into the air and flitters in the air like dust and a couple of dead bodies are about. Represents the futileness of Nea's social justice attempts, the environmental issues she fights taking over, and innocent victims.

Anyway, other maps I'd like beyond survivor maps:

2. The Nostomo: The spaceship from "Alien"

3. A harbour port from Victorian times. Thinking something like "Dishonored"

3. A Panoptican prison.

4. A wasteland, like Fallout, with a heavier focus on environmental disasters.

5. A waxwork museum (for an added creep factor).

6. The trenches from WWI, with barbed wire walls, trenches and some woodland.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,539
    Options

If people already dislike something like RPD, they're absolutely gonna hate something like the Overlook Hotel as a map simply because of how tight in size the corridors are and how large the entirety of the hotel is, that's not even mentioning the entirety of the outside itself and how huge the labyrinth would be to have.

• dugman
    Options
  • Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,539
    Options

So do i, but that doesn't change the fact that indoor maps are less popular than outdoor maps and i can imagine something like the overlook hotel would quickly become the new worst map in the game.

• dugman
    Options

Actually Midwich seems to be relatively popular, and a lot of people liked Hawkins. I don’t have a problem with the Game or Lery’s either but Game is definitely more divisive.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I've always wanted a map with a lake in the middle, preferably with a waterfall feeding into it as well - this could be a neat Red Forest map. To fit more into that relams lore, we could also add the place of Anna's mother's death to it.

The unreleased swamp city is also something I'd like to see - to reduce its size they could simply take the Bloodtree and give that it's own map.

Also I find it to be a bit of a missed opportunity that none of the Mac Millain maps have any access to the mining tunnels - if there is ever a big rework to them (or another addition), I'd love for some partially collapsed mining tunnels to be added.

Also reskin Hawkins as something new, like Blights secret laboratory or Tricksters recording studio.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    Options

There are many awesome ideas here. Silent Hill 4 needs some love, although I haven't played it yet I really like the concept of being stuck in your house and all the weird stuff that entails.

If we ever get DMC skins for RE characters (cause Capcom), I would love to see the Gothic castle from DMC 3 for an indoor map and the streets with the bars and stuff from the first maps, for outdoors and maybe we can have the bars to go inside.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned an abandoned subway station yet. Those seem like such a stable modern horror element.

• WalterBlack
    WalterBlack Member Posts: 147
    Options

As shown in the comics there are ways down, so this wouldn't need to be an entirely flat map. Plus, you can go inside Leviathan, maybe like an easter egg such as the one in Midwich?

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

I would like them to stop making maps and fix the current ones so most of them arent uhhh dogpoo?

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,190
    Options

Honestly, I think a Boiler Room map in the Springwood realm could be super cool.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 271
    Options

A spaceship if we ever get a sci-fi (space) chapter, be it licensed or original.

A Trickster's map, love the neon urban style.

Classics like a mansion or a prision (night please)

Innsmouth (Lovecraft's universe) or something inspired by it.

And the very unlikely but a dream for me: something underwater like Rapture from Bioshock.

• TheNTT777
    TheNTT777 Member Posts: 24
    Options

I've always wanted every killer in the game to have their own map or realm. Obviously that's a big ask for licensed killers who currently don't have their own maps, but at least the original killers should all have one.

Not really sure what Blight or Twins' maps would be, but I always see people wishing for a neon city map for Trickster.

• Voodewcat
    Voodewcat Member Posts: 18
    Options

Honestly a town inspired map. Maybe not a big city, but have shop fronts etc. Maybe one of a giant museum. No yards like Haddonfield. It sounds like a nightmare, but I think aesthetically it would be fun.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Jungle

Pirate Ship

Theme park

Castle/Medieval Town

Tropical island with boats instead of exits (Longshot)

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

Yeah. It's in Seoul, Korea. Busan is similar. Really, a lot of places can have the same look under the right conditions, like Akihabara & Shinjuku, Taipei, Bangkok.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    Options

How about...

Twins: The creepy cult temple from their backstory.

Blight: Either the other side of the Tree of Death, or a warped and twisted version of an 1800's Chinese slum where Talbot's hallucinations merged with the actual place, centered around a hallucinogenic opium den.

Reading the comments, it does seem a bit peculiar that there isn't really a "haunted house" map, given what an absolute classic horror trope it is. Garden, Midwich and RPD approach it in different ways, but neither of them really fit the classic image. Something like the mist-shrouded manor house in "The Others".

One I'd love to see (it occurred to me when I suggested Judge Death as a licensed killer) would be a post-apocalyptic map of some kind, in the same style as "Last Of Us" or "Metro".

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

I didn't know.

Even though it is in Korea, it is natural to think that the language of other Asian countries is used along with Hangeul for tourists.

But the Japanese language used seemed a bit strange to me as a Japanese so it looked like art lol.

I would love to visit this place, even better if I could get there in DbD!