Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is Dead by Daylight your first multiplayer game that you've played seriously?

BenOfMilam
BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
edited September 2022 in Polls

Title. Just curious, because this is something I've heard many times as I've migrated through friend circles. It might explain the unusual mindset many DbD players have.

Is Dead by Daylight your first multiplayer game that you've played seriously? 47 votes

Yes, I have never played a competitive multiplayer game before DbD
10%
FilthyLegionMainChurchofPigGhouled_MojoMarc_go_soloFinestFantasyVI 5 votes
Yes, DbD is the first multiplayer game that I've taken seriously
8%
KaanaceerooverDEMONANCEtliff 4 votes
No, I've played other multiplayer games seriously before
51%
WalterBlackmusstang62TaigaUistreelMalkhrimHPhoenix[Deleted User]BenOfMilamElcopollobm33NoOneKnowsNovaGuiltiiAurelleKittenthebossBeoltharDelusionalHubrisImBigBonedxni6_JonathanByersMagiDavid 24 votes
No, I prefer to play DbD more casually
29%
OnryosTapeRentalsHellDescentCheeseAntonHex_LlamaGazgemauchSmoeTsukahhastarkisKotelettphantomHugTheHagOrangeBearAverageAshEnjoyerKroseHOGGTHEHUTT 14 votes
I don't play DbD, I'm better than that
0%

Comments

• BenOfMilam

Mostly I am curious. People seem to flip their lid when someone uses a perk, killer, item, strategy, ect, they don't like, or someone does something """"toxic"""" like say "gg" in endgame chat.

Really feels like a lot of people that play DbD have never played a multiplayer game before.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598
    edited September 2022

I used to play a ton of TF2 ( around 3K hours) back in my days then switched to OW before starting to play DbD.

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 768

I used to spend hundreds of hours in Left 4 Dead (115 h) and Left 4 Dead 2 (544 h). Also, Paladins (314 h) used to be a big thing for me, back when they were Early Access. Some other multiplayers here and there, like Counter-Strike 1.6, Hearthstone, PAYDAY 2, though not that much time went into those. So yeah, definitely wasn't a newcomer to toxicity and/or dumb people, when I started playing Dead by Daylight.

Though DbD was my first multiplayer to cross threshold of thousand hours in-game. And is the only one to do that 'till this day.

• BenOfMilam

Only other completive multiplayer games that I have over 1,000 in would be Battleborn (servers are shut down as of February this year) and Dark Souls. You definitely really have to love something to put that much time into it.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I picked the wrong one because I'm that much of an idiot. I've played overwatch and other stuff, I just happened to not remember anything before the last 5 minutes when I posted that.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963
    edited September 2022

Not really, but it was the first I got actually skilled in. Never before I had felt so much of a need to learn to play well from the start as I felt when I started DbD, and that motivated me to watch streamers and youtubers, read guides, pratice a lot, and with all of that get actually good in a multiplayer game.

I can see two reasons for that:

The first is, to put it simply, I loved DbD from the start. I loved the visuals, the sounds, the animations, all the art in the game captivated me, and I really enjoyed being an horror movie villain chasing my victims. But the second reason was...

It was stressful. Really, really stressful, specially when I couldn't catch the survivors (By the way, it was 2017, the game was INSANELY survivor sided at the time). Losing was stressful. So at some point I had to learn to play to actually be able to enjoy the game. And so I did, and eventually it became my favorite online multiplayer game. I got serious because I had a PRESSURE to be better to enjoy the game, as it wasn't very welcoming to new players.

I've played many other online games before, including competitive ones, but I never got so invested in learning to play the game before DbD. On others, I didn't really care that much about learning it more deeply, I just wanted to have fun. But to have enough fun on DbD, I felt that I HAD to learn. Honestly, I don't even know if other game will ever cause me the same effect.

• Kittentheboss
    Kittentheboss Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2022

Fromsoft games, Street Fighter, Metroidvanias, Zelda, Sonic. Older games in general.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,169

I mostly prefered to play solo or multiplayer games with friends in the same house.

This game appealed to me moreso because a) watching HybridPanda just got me into it, and b) it feels a little like playing solo anyway, with the lack of communication.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 158

I'm a big fighting game fan, and so the aspect of continually learning and improving against other players is something I like in both.