Wait, where is the hyperfocus change?

Options
Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,137

This perk shouldn't have passed PTB without some form of adjustment, and yet it's survived PTB, it's live release, 2 hot fixes, and presumably the upcoming mid chapter?

I mean, it's not some "controversial/uninformed/inexperienced take" that the synergy with toolboxes is far too powerful, it takes a monkey brain to figure out that soloing a gen in 45 seconds with little setup required is too strong.

So yea I'm just kinda confused when the change to this perk is coming because it's being ran more and more often in games and I don't wanna be forced to play sweaty asf every match in order to get more that 6 hooks before every gen is done.

Is it even acknowledged as an issue?

Comments

• Kittentheboss
    Kittentheboss Member Posts: 14
    Options

Personally, you are making it out to look worse when it is beyond worse. You can pair it up with stakeout sure but add in a fast track, bnp, This Is Not Happening. Along with a buddy using prove thyself. It is very frightening. However this update in general is a terrible idea for both sides and the state of the game.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

They might change it in 5 years if you're lucky just like with Dead Hard. They'll probably make it stronger somehow too

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Wow, I didn’t know the BNP skill checks were considered greats for the purpose of Hyperfocus. That makes zero sense, considering they aren’t even actual great skill checks. That synergy should not exist for sure.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    Options

i still dont see the perk being an issue in any of my games.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Perk is insane but its not meta enough because it requires a pretty high pressure play style and most survivors are just vibing and dont want to deal with that. If it ever actually becomes meta it will get nerfed to the ground.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I mean it nice to have a new Mets perk now and I never would have guess that stake out would be apart of it.

I think its mostly fine. Just make it not work with toolboxes and then it will be fine

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699
    Options

Until the average player learns to consistently hit Hyperfocus skill checks without Stakeout or This Is Not Happening, I don't think the perk is all that problematic. Survivors need to devote more than half their build to Hyperfocus value.

I also don't see how you nerf the values of this perk without making it feel useless.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Hyperfocus is unironically op. Its just not a problem because its not meta. It will be a problem if and when it becomes meta.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

They tabled their character full balance passes to make room in the pipeline for everything else going on in 2022. Presumably once they get back to doing full balance passes on characters Sadako will be one of the next ones up.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

Do people really not remember when you had to consistently get great skill checks to combat ruin? Obviously it was before some people's time, but the playerbase was able to get a lot more great skillchecks when they had ample incentive to do so. I don't think the quality of players has decreased that much since then.

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696
    Options

I find it astounding some of you still cannot comprehend that the toolbox itself is giving more value than the perk.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

I believe this perk should be monster at high MMR, it wouldn't last long.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I'm willing to bet 90%+ of players don't hit every great skill check. Just run 4 slowdowns if it bothers you that much.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Doesn't matter, as long as it is monster in high MMR they will nerf it.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,213
    Options

And why do you thing the comparision with dead hard is the right one? Meddle of man was nerfed quite fast, and it surly wasnt stronger afterwards.

Cherrypicking your arguments?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,059
    Options

MoM was also the most used perk coming off the Evil Within DLC. It was too good against already weak killers while being a minor annoyance to strong killers whose powers could ignore it.

It got nerfed, because it was overtaking the game.

Hyperfocus may be too strong, but personally I don't see it without a stacked toolbox. But it's far from being a popular perk that everyone is bringing into the matches.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Meddle of Man was in the game long enough to sell a bunch of DLC. It certainly wasn't changed quickly. Maybe quickly by these devs standard

• Kirahie
    Kirahie Member Posts: 354
    Options

45 second solo gens should not be a thing. The fact that people are pretending like that's fine are either new or only play survivor.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
    Options

lol whats wrong with hyperfocus? It rewards good skill checks. Killers can and usually run full slowdown but their problem is they tunnell one person and dont pressure gens. The perk is fine.

• JayDoesGames
    JayDoesGames Member Posts: 264
    Options

Why not? Because you're used to gens not being done much at all in solo? silly comment.

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882
    Options

I hardly see the perk at higher MMR tbh.