Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How Do You Survivor Mains Do It?

2»

Comments

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

Fun apparently

everyone says fun but let's be honest everyone likes to suffer

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Yh swf. Solo q in unplayable. I don't even like 3 player swf because we get so many players who just suicide on hook or DC the second they get hooked

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

Totally giving up when it comes to winning helped me a lot. Enjoy the memes and save the last person on hook during egc,

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

Step 1: realize that it's impossible to balance a team role for solo play.

Step 2: either find a team or accept that you're going to be at a disadvantage.

Step 3: focus on getting better, don't go in expecting an escape every game.

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 160

My trick is to never give up, if you're going down, you go down fighting.

Regardless of team mates I find ways to have fun win or lose and perk build choices can help a ton giving survivability,speed memes like flashbang fun or a spicy deliverance,sprint burst off the record combo where you cheese a killer into a sudden round 2)

The survivor role, especially solo que is a rough challenge to face. you need to have that tenacity and always try and improve

• Kittentheboss
    Kittentheboss Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2022

The feeling is mutual. Many survior mains don't know how it feels to be ganged up like that. With killer it's just one person being a turd that you can brush off easily. That being said i do the same in SWF. it's only funny when it happens to someone else lol.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320
    edited October 2022

I like how so many people are saying "Don't expect to escape" as if I ever mentioned anything about wanting to escape in the first place. Which I never did. I already don't expect an escape. I don't expect more than two generators to be finished, as I've found that's the average number that does get done in solo queue as long as there is at least one person on gens at any given point in time. And I never think that I'll get Hatch if it comes to that or be given Hatch or get to open the Gate if the Hatch is closed when I'm the last one.

I already go in as Survivor expecting to die. That is NOT my problem with playing Survivor.

If you play against a camping Killer you don't get a game. If you're the first one you get one chase and that's it, and with some Killers like Leatherface you barely if ever get even that. Against a camper your time is being wasted. You can't work on a lot of Challenges because many of them require interaction with the Killer. A camper is great for basic "repair gen" Challenges and the Glyph ones but not much else, MAYBE a "hide nearby" one but that's still iffy. Campers shut down any unhook, heal, chase, or stun Challenges just off the top of my head and I'm sure there are more. So if you are trying to do some Challenges a camper just shuts that down. And even if you are not doing challenges a camper isn't a game and I DON'T just want a free win. I want to actually play the game. Campers DON'T PLAY THE GAME, they just stand there making everyone else suffer instead of having fun. This wouldn't be so bad if more people understood how to deal with a camping Killer but time and time again I see people hover around the hook wanting to save instead of doing gens.

Then you have the hardcore tunnelers. The ones that do it at five gens on the very first hook. Maybe they didn't camp, maybe they did but it's the same story. One person doesn't get to play and then when you've got a 3v1 at five gens it's just not even worth playing any more. I personally don't tunnel at any point in the game, I just straight up don't find it fun. I am not going in as Killer wanting a 4k to the exclusion of everything else. It isn't so much that I want a 4k in that I want the ABILTY to have had a 4k at twelve hooks. Having said that I sort of understand if a Killer tunnels someone after two or more gens have been finished but even then it sucks for one person to be targeted and forced out of the game like that. But doing it at five gens makes for a really [excrement] game that is basically unwinnable and not fun for the Survivors. I may not go into my Survivor games expecting to win but I'd still like to think there is a CHANCE of doing so if everyone, INCLUDING the Killer, plays at least half-way decently. Tunneling someone out at five gens just tells me that person is not confident in their ability to play the role of Killer and they won't get any better because they are relying on the crutch of making the game a 3v1 instead of playing it out and going for twelve hooks. They care more about the nebulous "win" of a 4k than they do about improving their skill at the game and they care more about "winning" than they do other people having fun.

Then we've got the "same builds" and "same Killers" issues. I don't mind playing against a Legion but I am so very sick of playing against Legions running Thanatophobia and Legion Pin. It is just so refreshing to not see that Perk icon pop up or to see someone else mend their wounds and not get broken (because at this point I never mend myself first and just keep running and find someone else to mend me so I don't end up Broken). I understand that this is a strong build that help people win but it doesn't make it any less annoying if every, single, one, of that Killer is running the same build. No variety means stale gameplay and stale gameplay isn't fun. Same goes for playing against the same Killer over and over again. I understand that some Killers are stronger than others, and I understand that some Killers are just more fun than others but when just under ninety percent of my Survivor games in the past month are against the same Killer there is a problem. (I normally keep track of the past two weeks of my games to see how things are going but I stretch it out longer when I have something of a streak going, just to see how bad it gets. Throughout September the majority of my Survivor matches were against Masterminds, just under ninety percent majority. It is to the point now I'm happy to play against NURSE for Entity's sake!)

And then the solo queue teammates. Oh the solo queue teammates. I'll freely admit to not being the best Survivor in the world, or even a half-way descent one, but most of the time I'm not literally doing nothing in a corner. But it's a whole other matter that more people just need to take the time to learn how the game is played and there is not much I can do. I DO have people on my friends list to play this game but most of the time we're never on at the same time so I can't really so S.W.F.. The people who got me into the game stopped playing a while ago and only one of them came back so really my friend's list is mostly just random people I meet during solo queue that were somewhat descent at the game and didn't find me to be totally worthless.

Maybe I really should just see who is playing and try and join their lobbies instead of going solo. Maybe then I'll have some more fun.

I only need three Achievements now: The new "Outbreak Breakout" for opening the Gate AND escaping on R.C.P.D. with a grand total of one out of twenty done and then "Master survivor" for reaching Gold I and the follow up "Legendary survivor" for getting to Iridescent I because just, really. I don't play enough Survivor to grind it out. Maybe the later half of this month, after the reset, I'll put my head down and just do it because with not being able to go DOWN it is just a matter of time till you get there.

I still have a lot more Survivor Challenges to do in the Archives though. I've got Tomes one through seven done and have almost finished nine and twelve. The rest have far too many left to be considered close to being "almost" done. Tome Eleven also still has a two KILLER challenges left to do because I forgot about them but should be done in short order. Though the "Kill the Obsession by any means 10 times" ones will take AT LEAST nine more games if I can't get Nemesis (the Perk, not the Killer) shenanigans to work out right like I want them to. Breaking 50 walls, pallets, or generators will be easy enough to do with a few The Game offerings.

Post edited by vladspellbinder on
  • EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070

Bro, I hate to break it to you, but, MAYBE, you'll get Outbreak breakout in a year or two of regular survivor massacre, but Legendary 1... My god... I think it's completely impossible now, unless you're super skilled and spend 10 hours a day in DbD. I was trying to get it for 6 month total, made a super hard attempt before "killer patch" and luckily did it. "Luckily" is the main word (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326586/cannot-get-my-last-ahievement-legendary-survivor-rank-1

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/333343/soloq-statistics-and-soloq-experience-long-boring-post)

• vladspellbinder

Thankfully the way things are now you cannot go DOWN Grades and it is just a matter of grinding. That's why I was saying after the next reset I might just try and grind it out. It might take me all month to get there but play enough games and statically you'll move up each grade slowly. It might just be a slow and painful process but you can never slide back more than needing five pips to reach the next save point. GETTING those five pips is the problem.

With now little Survivor I normally play I still tended to reach Silver IV or III without even really trying and have pushed into Gold III once with little effort.

The main problem is going to be when I reach the Gold ranks and start keep running into non-interactive Killers. Anything above Silver you NEED interaction with the Killer to get your Benevolent and Evader Emblems up above Bronze to get a single pip. So that part is not going to be fun. And if I run into a FARMING Killer I might just wind up de-pipping if they are the sort to not hit people so they can heal up.

I know it's going to be painful, but I think it's still very doable in a month's time.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited October 2022

To be completely honest, if you have difficulty pipping then you're not playing well rounded enough, thats the point of the system. You're not going to be able to get an iridescent in every category every single game, but if you're playing smart and with your team instead of against them, you should generally be within the high safety pip/low single pip at minimum pretty much every single actual game (because again, some games are beyond our individual control because this is DBD.)

You can even give yourself mini "checkpoints" like people used to do when it was the primary system: Every game make sure you get at least 1 safe unhook and do at least 1.5 1.9 gens. You've basically assured you get a minimum of gold in each of those categories, even in red ranks grades. Being alive for longer than 9 minutes guarantees at least a silver in survival, even if you die. Hell they even added a whole bunch of "free points" for a lot of the categories that are either unrelated or passive, like getting lightbringer points when other survivors finish gens while chased, cleansing dull totems, etc. Just go through everything that counts for/against each emblem and you should absolutely be able to get it within a month's reset:

https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Emblems

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219

Facts. A bad Survivor experience is still a MILLION times better than a bad Killer experience. Killers just feel bad. When are we getting Shadowborn base kit or a damn FOV slider? Must be too much to ask. Too busy working on that For Honor chapter I guess...

• vladspellbinder

Yeah, if you have an actual game you can definitely always safety pip no matter what Grade you are, three Silvers and a Gold isn't too much to ask for in a normal match of even skill across the board for all five players.

The main problem is when you have so many games in a row where the Killer just refuses to play a "normal" match and instead face-camps or tunnels someone. If you're not the one targeted you can get two Iridescents, Lightbringer and Unbroken, pretty easily but your Benevolent and Evader are going to be Bronze at best and missing all together more likely. Nine points is enough to safety pip at all ranks but ten won't cut a gain above Silver and if people aren't careful and let BOTH Benevolent and Evader go missing then you only get seven points and that's a de-pip. So it's entirely possible for me to play just fine and escape without having been downed after having finished three gens solo and STILL de-pip because two people got face camped and couldn't be unhooked safely when I'm in Gold Grades and I had next to no interaction with the Killer at all.

And if you're the one being face-camped then that's an automatic de-pip no matter what happens unless you lead the Killer on a four gens chase before it happened.

I am just... not looking forward to the grind because of the prevalence of other Killer players who don't care about the Survivor side having fun.