What's your relationship with DBD look like rn?

Options
MrMori
MrMori Member Posts: 1,217
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Mine goes like this:

"Hm, maybe some of killer X/survivor would be cool"

Play 1 match

"Ok cool that was fun yeah./That sucked/Whatever"

Quit for the rest of the day.

Post edited by BoxGhost on

Comments

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Play multiple matches through the day until I get tired of being tunneled/having bad team mates and take a break to play something more relaxing (slime rancher 2 right now) then get back to DBD when I have cooled off. Just keep on grinding to p100 and then I'll take a break.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

I am not playing rn because I am very sick

Been stuck on my bed/sofa for a while

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I returned recently, played for 10 hours a night til dawn then don't play again for a week lol...

I used to play this game daily for a stupid amount of hours but I no longer care for grinding, winning or what rank/grade I am and I enjoy it more as a result.

• foxsansbox
    foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209
    Options

I don't play as much as I'd like but whether it's solo, duo, or killer I always have a good time.

That is the point of playing, afterall.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I hope you get better buddy.

Through, you're probably not missing much. My solo queue games have been awful, it's either a DC or hook suicide, then I'm put in a dilemma: Either do a generator so that the killer doesn't target me as the "hider", or hide until the endgame if they are sweaty.

In most situations, I just do a generator until the killer hooks me. Game is already over at 5 generators, 1 DC / sucide, unless they decide to farm, I let go and move on. And I know, they don't have to farm / be nice, I'm just telling you what my experience is. This mostly stems from DCers / Suciders, and SBMM, but not much I can do. Just doing what I can to get the most from the 100% survivor BP bonus.

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Very much a love/hate relationship. One game, I get huntress on the swamp and blay the best match of in my career, feeling like I improved greatly. The next, I get huntress on Badham, and I can't do a thing about the two groups on opposite ends of the map.

Love/hate, I'd say.

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,869
    Options

I mistress called Elden Ring strained our relationship quite hard, but since that flame is quieting I am trying to come back slowly to see if she accepts me back.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I play one or two matches a night on whatever ritual I happen to have. I’ve basically played that way a long time, I never really grind the game.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,069
    edited October 2022
    Options

It's perfectly fine

Though granted, a lot of that is just because my life in general with these new Happy Pills have made a big difference. Having a bit of a quick trigger temper has always made this game a pretty bad idea for me but since getting these fellas, my life in general has gotten better but ESPECIALLY my life in things in that used to frustrate the hell out of me and trigger anger episodes have gotten immensely better (so mainly DBD and golf :D).

As a killer, I don't feel nearly the amount of frustration and anger that I used to. Some of that is probably the Happy Pills but at least some of that has been the big changes to the game that has made playing as a killer far less frustrating (namely Dead Hard going away). As a survivor, I seem to be one of the few that actually really like the changes that were made to survivor side as I've found it has made the trials a lot harder to escape from, which personally I greatly enjoy. While it has probably skewed too far to the killer side, I'm playing against a lot more variety of killers since people don't feel like they have to play Nurse or Blight to have a snowballs chance in hell anymore and I'd much rather do that and die more often than constantly play the two same killers over and over again.

While there are certainly still changes that could be made to the game, my relationship with this game is the best place it has ever been at.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Still by far my most played game on Steam, but right now I am significantly more excited about the installment of Scream Fortress XIV than anything DbD related.

Though that's got nothing to do with the state of the game or anything like that (it's perfectly fine IMO), it's just burnout. I don't play it on my own anymore, but if a friend asks for some SWF I'm usually down for a couple of games.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Haven't played for 2 years, so im currently having a lot of fun catching up with the new stuff. I become more and more casual about the game though.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

I'm in middle of taking a break from the game. I'll probably come back once the next tome releases/event starts. When I do play I make myself answer the "did you have fun?" If I answer no for 3 games I log off and play something else instead of sticking around hoping it'll get better.

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889
    Options

I play for a day maybe 2 weeks then go on break for 6+ months

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445
    Options

I'll swf if a friend asks.

Not gonna play on my own probably ever. The meta shakeup patch was garbage and I'm not going to get invested in the game again because apparently they're ok with pulling stuff like that.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

i deleted the game 😭

at this point, i only ever play during events and rifts. once i complete the rift i delete the game and take a break until the next one comes out

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

Abusive, but I keep coming back to it.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I play a couple times a week maybe?

No particular reason. It's still a fun game but time is limited and there are a lot of fun games.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,773
    edited October 2022
    Options

I am still enjoying it and still play for a couple of hours or so each day, but solo queue is just insufferable. I know its never been a bed of roses but its the worst its ever been now in my opinion.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

When cheaters are rampant, I don't have any urge or interest to play.

Also thinking about solo survivor misery, I'd rather not play.

I know most multiplayer genre games soloQ is terrible but solo survivor in DbD is beyond I can't handle.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

Honestly, DBD is my zone out game. I can legit play for hours on end, it's oddly soothing. But I get tired of Killer faster, I'm like 70% surv, and 30% killer. I just wish I could find people who are just as obsessed as I am to play with regularly. But everyone wants to voicechat. I work with people all day. I do not want to voice chat. T.T

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I play around half 11 through midnight when on 2-10 shift. Its my dbd shift :) Don't have too many complaints with the game. It is what it is and its not gonna improve drastically anytime soon so I just enjoy it in the moment. Needs a spark whether that be a full on maps chapter or a new gamemode .....

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Taking a break right now since facing wesker every game was stressful especially with everyone suiciding on hook so I figured I'd let the wesker hype die down a bit. I'll be back when the new tome drops.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

Too many cheaters, and broken laggy servers.

I play maybe once or twice a week. I love the game, but I can't deal with playing every day like I could back when the servers actually worked and there wasn't cheaters every other game.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

I'm in the middle of a break with the game at this point

I don't have access... And I don't know if I want to play the game anymore

• TheHatchPolice
    TheHatchPolice Member Posts: 8
    Options

I’m done with solo survivor entirely at this point. The only time I’ll play is to get to Iridescent 1 then never touch it again, unless a friend wants to play with me or something. Honestly, it’s more relaxing for me to play as killer — at least I know it was my fault I didn’t play well and can learn from my mistakes. As survivor on the other hand, you can die due to things completely out of your control and all your impact on the match can be gone within a few minutes if you’re not careful.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,321
    Options

I am having fun at the moment, but I am desperately still waiting for more balance changes, especially nerfs to camping and tunneling. However, the game is not in a bad state right now in my opinion, and I even enjoy solo queue at the moment quite a bit. But it could be in a better state, that's for sure.

I guess the biggest problem for me are the few matches that can feel so outragousely stupid, and it's pretty much always because of camping and tunneling, that I almost forget about the good matches I had before that.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,383
    Options

Any time i wanna play this game i feel scared. Scared of cheaters, DDoSers and toxic players. So i haven't been playing lately but i do want to play for the next rift/event. This game is not a game i can play to relax or have fun anymore. It's a game that i wish was good. But it's just not.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331
    Options

The side chick to my main ho: FFXIV

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 401
    Options

Estranged

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    edited October 2022
    Options

I hate MMR, solo queue is rarely fun, killer is fun more often but sometimes it’s not fun at all. I basically come back to this game for a couple weeks at a time, then stop for several months. I’m in the middle of my 2 weeks right now. I’ll surely get fed up soon and leave again. If the 6.3.0 PTB changes come to pass I probably won’t ever come back.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338
    Options

An ex gf that i still have feelings for.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,426
    Options

Get on

Play one blight game

get pale rose

use Macmillan or autohaven offering

get off after.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

been SWFing with my brother recently since he started playing again, so i'm having fun

until I get tunneled at 5 gens

• pocajohnny
    pocajohnny Member Posts: 219
    Options

Well on the Survivor side of things I feel very spoiled with my hand being held everywhere I go. As Killer....lets just say the game feels very clunky and a lot of the time unfair.

• VoidOfMe
    VoidOfMe Member Posts: 416
    edited October 2022
    Options

like this

one dc'd at the hook, then he slugged me for minutes until he found the Ada, that was hiding in the basement waiting for hatch.

this is my relationship with the game rn

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,503
    Options

Thanks, I'm finally starting to feel better today.

I think I've garnered a bit of a reputation for having awful Solo Q games and posting about them here lol. It is a completely infuriating experience.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

That's great news buddy. :)

You may not know, but solo queue can quickly make me salty. No, I don't throw a tantrum or do anything stupid, I'm just saying I get fed up after a while of bad games. Dead by Daylight is one of those games — for me personally — that I have to take a break from playing every now and then. It's either I take a break, or I play Nurse and purposely 8 hook, 2K everyone to blow off some steam from survivor.

If solo queue had icons, the experience would be way better.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

If I ever catch it slacking on the streets it's game over.

But yeah...won't catch me playing much.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

I only play like 2 games a day because it's pissing me off more lately I've broken my TV remote and a pair of headphones over this game before so I just switch off to something else usually call of duty zombies because that's pretty low stress and casual

• LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 230
    Options

We're seeing other people.

• Lamoore
    Lamoore Member Posts: 73
    Options

Trying to learn how to play on PC. Killer is easier. Survivor is impossible

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,782
    Options

My desire to play at the moment is zero

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377
    Options

I play every day for hours for like a week at most then go on break for like 2 months.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,179
    edited October 2022
    Options

Pretty distant. I decided to play today for the first time in while because overwatch 1 is officially dead.

It wasn't that fun. Maybe next time, I guess.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I usually binge DBD for a day or two, then take a week or two off. Breaks are legit important for dealing with this game lmao.

Also, we only get content every 3 months. Maybe if updates were more frequent, I would play more often.