Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

New use for Insidious

I believe I’ve discovered a new use for Insidious outside of basement camping. 
Earlier, I was totally running a Basement Camping Leatherface because I felt like having a bit of toxic fun. All that’s important is that I had NOED and Insidious. End game comes around, only 2 people are dead and the exit gates are on the other side of the map. I walk over to an open gate knowing there’s probably a survivor waiting to teabag. That when I get a clever idea, I walk up to the open door, just out of line of sight from the inside and let insidious activate. The survivor inside comes out to see “why I left,” when he sees me, panics, but I down him (NOED was still up), and drag him to a hook. I propose to call this strategy Insidous Baiting.

Comments

• GT_Legend2
    GT_Legend2 Member Posts: 845
    Reminds me of that one insidious nurse with NOED that would hide behind the exit gates and surprise them, promptly followed by a mori
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

This only works against dumb survivors. I've seen killers try this and I've never fallen for it or see someone else fall for it.

However I do have a good alternate use for Insidious and it's on Spirit. Since one of her big mindgames is to stand still you can use Insidious while it looks like you are phase walking to screw with survivors. You have to use Prayer Beads with it, but I found that when you phase walk Insidious still procs on the husk. So if you stand still for about a second before using phase walk, the husk will gain Insidious while you are moving around. I've messed around with this and it can be very effective but it's not easy to do. I want to experiment more with it at some point in the near future.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

@thesuicidefox said:
    This only works against dumb survivors. I've seen killers try this and I've never fallen for it or see someone else fall for it.

However I do have a good alternate use for Insidious and it's on Spirit. Since one of her big mindgames is to stand still you can use Insidious while it looks like you are phase walking to screw with survivors. You have to use Prayer Beads with it, but I found that when you phase walk Insidious still procs on the husk. So if you stand still for about a second before using phase walk, the husk will gain Insidious while you are moving around. I've messed around with this and it can be very effective but it's not easy to do. I want to experiment more with it at some point in the near future.

Doesnt Insidious lose its effect when using/charging your power?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@PigNRun said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Doesnt Insidious lose its effect when using/charging your power?

Not for Spirit. It actually continues to count down to the proc while you charge and walk around because it applies to the husk not to the killer directly. However, you do need to wait a second or so before phasewalking because it will only proc about a second before your phase walk ends because of the timing.

My idea is to use Insidious and Prayer Beads. While in a chase I will stand still, then I have the option to stay that way OR phase walk. Survivors has no idea if I am phase walking or standing there, and if they don't have sight on the husk they might not even realize I'm still around. You could also do something where you hook a survivor, phase walk behind a nearby wall, let Insidious proc, then the moment they make the save you phase walk back to the hook and catch them healing because they didn't even know you were around. It's quite devilish actually, but it's super hard to do right. Very easy to mess up the mind game and give away what you are doing, or mistime the phase walk so that your husk only has Insidious for like a second.

• LegitAdventurer
    LegitAdventurer Member Posts: 505
    I've played against a Spirit who used Insidious and oh boy. The mind games were so real. Basically by the time she starts phase walking/faking out the phase walk, insidious kicks in so there is no heartbeat etc. Scary stuff.
  • Chaotyx
    Chaotyx Member Posts: 31

@GT_Legend2 said:
    Reminds me of that one insidious nurse with NOED that would hide behind the exit gates and surprise them, promptly followed by a mori

This is bloody hilarious, I wouldn't even be mad.

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    I did it once with Myers. It was crazy fun
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Well against toxic survivors without brains that might work
  • JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I like it. It makes me want to try hiding in the exit gate at the "teabag line".