Concern about the Halloween event cosmetics (pole)

Options
DredgeyEdgey
DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

Okay so most of us know bhvr is trying to use the fomo / fear of missing out

As a marketing tactic and most of us disapprove of this

Now I understand this is a company and they allways need money to keep servers up and pay their workers

So I suppose we make conditions that are reasonable to either change this upcoming event or future events

If you don't like my ideas go ahead and make one below if you like someones ideas do upvote it so bhvr has an understanding of what the people want

( other people's lists also)

My list of changes

1. Like Their old events most of the outfits could be earned with shards (of course with the exception of licensed cosmetics)

2. None of the outfits will be limited time then gone the may be gone for a while but never be gone forever

3 the outfits that are not licensed but are not free should never dissappear so they can't be missed (including rift cosmetics when the rift closes it will go to the store

Post edited by DredgeyEdgey on

Comments

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,093
    Options

I think after a year any "exclusive" cosmetic (event, rift, prime, etc.) should head straight to the store (and stay there) for shards - if they really want they can do auric cells for 4 weeks and then shards. This includes charms. I say this as someone that has completed every rift, earned cosmetics from every event since I started playing in fall 2018, and has prime. I'm not a fan of the cosmetics being exclusive or time limited. A good portion of cosmetics for characters like Zarina were only available in rifts - I want more to have access to her cosmetics so maybe they'll play her and up her chances of getting new cosmetics more frequently so I have more options for my main.

Rift, events, and prime should always have new cosmetics. Rift should never get an old prime/event cosmetic, prime should never get an old rift/event cosmetic, events should never have old prime/rift cosmetics. Always have new cosmetics in rift/events/prime so codes can be used and challenges are worth completing to get cosmetic year before store, and then send them to the store after a year so anyone that may have missed out can have access to the cosmetics.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    edited October 2022
    Options

The best solution for everyone IMO is:

Event outfits are Cells only and available all year-round, but during the relative Event you can earn those cosmetics through in-game challenges/rifts

Exactly like they did for the first and second blighted halloween events: you could earn Serum either by harvesting flowers or from the Rift, and you could use that Serum to buy pieces of halloween outfits.

I will never understand why they changed that.

Post edited by Lycidas on
  • Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

I'd say long as the skins return the next Halloween it all good. Probably then with the shard price tag as well.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

I'd like it to be option 2 tbh.

I don't mind outfits being event exclusive, but they should make a return in next years event to prevent them from becomming actual exclusive cosmetics.

Also, just a heads up: we actually do have a polls option for the forum! The main upside of this is that it's much easier than writing your pick out in the comments (easier to participate), plus you automatically see how many percent of people voted for what without having to comb the comments manually.

• The_Scarlet_Witch
    The_Scarlet_Witch Member Posts: 209
    Options

join the other conversation if we build up the chat the devs might respond

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    edited October 2022
    Options

How about the same tactic than the old Rift outfits? Available to all to buy 1 year later. There was no point in changing that.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options
  • Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Same reason why shard discounts aren't a thing or happened only once.

With Serum you can buy the pieces you like and never buy the rest with Aurics you either buy the outfit or buy at a loss, a single piece

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

#3, just add them to the store, what's the worse that can happen? Some people have to work or go to school around Halloween and can't fully participate in these events and collect every single cosmetic they want. Just make them purchasable and add a "Seasonal" section to the store.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,828
    Options

right, i absolutely HATE the idea of limited time store cosmetics

FOMO is already bad enough with the rift and events... really hoping they change their minds on it.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

You're only able to buy with Serum once a year though, and never every outfit that come out.

Like, for the first even you could buy 6 pieces max with Serum, but there were 4 full outfits available, so if you wanted all of them you needed to buy with Auric at some point

Plus, who spends 1080 Aurics instead of 400 in they only like one piece of a non-linked outfit?