The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sprint burst vs Dead hard

Eveline
Eveline Member Posts: 2,340
Which one is better and why?

Comments

• doggieman
    doggieman Member Posts: 36

They're both can be very clutch perks depending on who's running them but from playing killer a lot, I can tell you that sprint burst is the most annoying one. Spending lots of time looking for someone then finding them only to have them get a huge burst is so annoying. The absolute majority of survivors I play against who run dead hard always either mess up or it has no effect whatsoever since they end up getting downed few seconds after anyways.

• Eveline
    edited February 2019
    The only problem I have with SB is I must walk around but maybe I should try it with UE or something. Dead Hard saved me a lot of time but sometimes I get hit even after I activate it, so you never know especially with higher ping. Thanks for your perspective, I will definitely try it.
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Eveline said:
    The only problem I have with SB is I must walk around but maybe I should try it with UE or something. Dead Hard saved me a lot of time but sometimes I get hit even after I activate it, so you never know especially with higher ping. Thanks for your perspective, I will definitely try it.

SB with UE is amazing and i've not run SB in forever and rarely run UE although it's fun when I do and DH can be gamed really easily.

• Eveline
    Yes. Experienced killers bait dead hard. :(
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

SB is and will always be, the better perk because it counters all killers powers, can waste a Nurses blink, waste a Billy chainsaw, Counter a Wraiths speed burst, counter the pigs surprise Dash, get you distance from the killer, if timed perfectly it can get you away from a Legion in feral frenzy. It's the 2nd best exhaustion perk, balanced is first but SB is annoying and I recommend it.

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

Dead Hard because when it works its amazing and when you shake on the floor its frustrating and when you go down with the exhaustion due to Dead Hard it's infuriating , what other perk gives you such a roller coaster of emotions :)

• Eveline
    Tiyr said:

Dead Hard because when it works its amazing and when you shake on the floor its frustrating and when you go down with the exhaustion due to Dead Hard it's infuriating , what other perk gives you such a roller coaster of emotions :)

Haha true. :D I am already loving SB but it feels so broken lmao. When I first started I played meg but didn't properly used SB so I forgot about it.
  • Fiachra02
    Fiachra02 Member Posts: 9

Dead hard saves me a lot towards the end of the game from missing attacks and traps near the exit gate so dead hard for me.

• Biatran
    Biatran Member Posts: 8

I prefer dead hard cause it's an activable perk so it depends more on the skill, and i use it more to join a loop spot than to avoid a killer s hit.

• Arik13
    Arik13 Member Posts: 67

dead hard cause it helps you during a chase, sprint burst doesn't.

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

Sprint Burst is better since it greatly increases the distance between you and the killer initially and can be the deciding factor on whether or not you get to a pallet. Dead Hard is mostly used to prolong loops by dashing into a pallet that the killer is forced to lunge to reach you. Otherwise it's fairly easy to bait out Dead Hard and make it completely useless. SB is reliable unless you potato, so I'd say it's better

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    I vote for SB, but it definitely has a downside. It mostly depends on what killer you're facing. Dead Hard is better against Nurse, but almost completely useless against Legion. You can really screw Legion with Sprint Burst, especially when he hits someone then goes for you in Killer Instinct: you can make him lose both of you.

Playing mostly killer, I can tell you there's nothing more simple than baiting Dead Hard.

Btw I think Balanced Landing and even Lithe is usually better than either of these two, though it very much depends on map as well.
  • Eveline
    edited February 2019
    Interesting opinions. I switched DH for SB and it helps me more I think. Dead Hard saved me lots of times but like I said elsewhere lag ruins it sometimes.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

With DH you can pass bear traps and you can broke windows, pallets and the most important!
    Penetrate the killer!

• Artisks
    Artisks Member Posts: 10

dead hard is easily better. it's the most versatile exhaust perk in the game.

• TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246
    edited February 2019

Depends on your play style perhaps.

• SB - Stay out of trouble
    • DH - Plan on getting into trouble

My opinion there are more uses for SB. The situation needs to be right for DH to be useful, less you want to DH to nothing and stay up for 1-2 more seconds longer.

Edit: There are more actual uses for DH in specific instances, but SB can be for fight or flight which you will find yourself in more times than cases for DH.

• Lanis_
    Lanis_ Member Posts: 183
    Balanced Landing.  :p 
  • Laakeri
    Laakeri Member Posts: 835
    SB is nice and simple. 99ing the SB is pretty important so you can keep running around instead of always walking.

DH is very situational and sometimes can land you extra loop or 2 and even save your life vs Spirit or Nurse.

Personally only killers I have hard time against are Spirit and Nurse so DH is obvious choice for me.
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    edited February 2019

DH is good for correcting mistakes in loops. For instance, if the killer is bound to catch up 'cause you took one too many loops, you can DH at certain points of the loop depending on what you're looping to gain a little bit of distance and throw down the pallet. DH is also good for dodging Nurse attacks as she has fatigue after, though it's possible they may wait out your DH or just teleport on you. DH is the type of perk that takes learning and practice to know when you should or can apply it. For instance you can use it to DH to a pallet or a window safely. It helps with prolonging loops and can help if you're being camped/tunneled off hook. You can also run around and not having to worry about wasting it.

Honestly if I wasn't taking DH, I'd take balance. It reduces the stun from dropping off a high places and can give you additional places to loop that would be hard to loop without it.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I tried running DH but just couldn't really get used to it and good killers will just bait it out and when playing killer it's rare for people to use it successfully on me. I've not run SB in forever but with it you can crouch around with say UE which I used to run and then if needed sprint off.

Since if you can sneak around and then get close enough to a loop or a window with SB you can then try and sneak off and evade the killer.

• CronaWins
    CronaWins Member Posts: 650
    edited February 2019

Balanced Landing because the other exhaustion perks are garbage.

• iceman2kx
    iceman2kx Member Posts: 462

Problem with dead hard is a good killer can figure out you usually have dead hard by easy process of elimination. That makes it a very high skill perk imo because the timing is key. The average or even good survivor are just so predictable when they use dead hard.

Even as a killer, it's satisfying to see a survivor get a high skill dead hard over on me. You don't see it very often though.

• Eveline
    And as a survivor you feel good when you hit it just at the right moment. 
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    I think dead hard is better 
  • @Eveline said:
    Which one is better and why?

Sprint bust starts the chase with an advantage, disadvantage is you have to walk alot.
    Dead hard gives the advantage mid chase, disadvantage killers predict it may happen, once you use it once they know to predict it next time.

• RiskoLohnicky
    RiskoLohnicky Member Posts: 12

DH is better for someone that doesn't want to walk the entire game and be able to use when he wants except when he is not injured.

SB is better for running to next pallets but i recommend using Lithe for chases. Because you can use it to gain a boost to another pallet or window.

So if you asked what is better for LOOPING. Im going to say pick Lithe. If you want to use you action button for a little boost use DH. If you want to walk the entire game, but be super safe use SB 😀

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited May 2020

For a moment I was confused how not a single person points out the inconsistency of Dead Hard on dedicated servers, but then I realised this was before we got the ######### ass servers.

Once they make hit detection serverside in the next few patches, Dead Hard will be clearly superior, since you will be able to react to the killer's swing.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752

Dead Hard is best when you used to make a pallet or window, it is 100% better than SB