Why is Wesker's blight so underwhelming?

Options

Like, he's the most human looking killer in the entire game and you couldn't even bother to change his head.

Why? All previous blighted skins (even including Oni one that is being released alongside Wesker) are making drastic changes to the killers' appearance.

License owners forbidding it isn't really an answer, because Nemesis also got a blighted outfit and it made drastic changes to him.

So what is that? Slightly blighted main arm (and not even the one we would be looking at most of the time) and blighted knife isn't really going to be sell the skin, considering it's a set.

Comments

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Mm i guess it's because most of the killers are very warped from their original human forms. Whereas wesker is one of the few killers that didn't need the entity's influence/corrupting empowerment to become a killer.

He's scary because he's a downright evil dude, who instead of getting turned into a nemesis style monstrosity by ouroboros, looks human but is very dangerous. It'd kind of ruin his look if he got changed into a blight style mostrosity.

Tbh I'm surprised they even gave him a blighted skin. Should've done one for deathslinger or artist.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589
    Options

That just sounds like a backwards excuse, no offense.

But yeah, if they decided to come up with this for Wesker, they shouldn't have come up with anything for him at all. I'd rather have blighted Deathslinger or Trickster than Wesker if he looks that underwhelming being affected by blight which whole idea is to turn more or less humane looking killers into body horror monsters.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

Exactly. No sense making a half assed cosmetic that doesn't suit the killer.

• TeleportingTurkey
    Options

That's something too drastic, but I wouldn't have minded seeing that.

But at the very least they could've done more than just a few blight sprinkles on him. Like, imagine if he had same kind of Uroboros tentacles going in and out of his body like when survivor is infected, except they are black&yellow colour, showing blight corruption.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Well, the answer is as simple as you're gonna hate to hear it: licensing.

BHVR has proven time and time again that they love to go crazy with these blighted skins, but for licensed content they can only release what has been greenlit by the license holders beforehand.

And what license holders always want is to keep their character easily recognisable - for Nemesis that wasn't that much of an issue due to his imposing stature and easily distinguishable silhouette, but Wesker is a different story alltogether. His trademark features are definitely his head with the sunglasses, slick blonde hair and his leather coat, so they were not allowed to change these much, if at all, as a result.

Honestly, I am just glad that we got a blighted skin for Wesker at all, I'd much rather it be a bit underwhelming than him being stuck in the same limbo as Demogorgon, Myers or Freddy who will most likely never get such a skin in the first place.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800
    Options

the most disappointing blight skin so far and those only come once a year and it's for a license as well! what a shame.

• TeleportingTurkey
    Options

I mean, sure, but even in that case they could've done much better.

At least, they should've made all that little blight wesker had to be located on those parts of him that are visible from killer's PoV, his left arm instead of right arm in particular.