Pink glyph is fun!

Options
yobuddd
yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

If you’re struggling with this one, the trick is to sneak up on it. Once you see it, hide behind objects to get closer and closer. Eventually you can dash up from nearby cover and grab it.

It’ll expose you and disappear after just a few seconds of direct line of sight (maybe 4 seconds?), so the direct approach doesn’t work!

Still, I found it quite unique trying to hide from my glyph! Fun stuff!

Comments

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259
    Options

I did mine at Coldwind, so I was definitely struggling as it does not seem to account for corn stalks. There’s a sound when you’re nearby, but I don’t recall a warning sound. Just the “exposed” sound and the whoosh as it disappeared.

I didn’t time it, but it feels like i was exposed for 30 seconds.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,736
    Options

Oof, not accounting for corn is rough. I was wondering if it handled LOS like Ghostface/Myers did or if it was just drawing a line of empty space. Sounds like it must be the latter. This probably means it's way easier on maps like Eyrie or Garden of Joy where there's big wonky hitboxes everywhere (and awful on Coldwind and Shelter Woods, because hello empty space.)

I wonder if higher tome levels will make it more difficult? Guess we'll have to wait and see. But it's a pretty innovative glyph!

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,999
    Options

I'm just worried that I'll be exposed mid chase by it

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Got it in Grave of Glendale pretty easily. Had forgotten that was the tome I loaded up until I heard a strange noise on the other side of a wall from me. Ran around the wall, interacted with it, done.

It is an interested concept for a glyph, but as the person above mentioned, I'd be concerned about being exposed while being chased by the killer.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Same. I just walked to it in a straight line and got it. I thought it would make me exposed by the description and it did absolutely nothing.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,605
    Options

I caught mine without hiding, only approaching to it while crouching

I think the exposed state if you fail is too much, it should only disappear without "cursing" you with the exposed state.

• SoylentPixie
    SoylentPixie Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

I totally wasn't humming the Pink Panther theme while sneaking up on it!

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,176
    Options

I got mine when nurse slugged me underneath it but let me take my glyph after coming back for me <3.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

Made mine mid chase like a red one. Didn't notice anything special.

• Lekitzul
    Lekitzul Member Posts: 495
    Options

The first time I saw Pink, I failed like 4 times. Thankfully the Ghostface playing me saw me struggling and let me get it before hooking lol. XD

• KidNamedSlinger2
    KidNamedSlinger2 Member Posts: 8
    Options

I really hope something like this is given to Onyro; maybe if you directly look at the TV you get exposed or condemn?

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options

I wish I had recorded this, but I loaded into a match tonight with a pink glyph that exposed me during the opening animation. Like, while the camera was spinning around me.

Otherwise, they've been fun.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    Options

As long as they don't put it at the pallet