BHVR why would you do this?

Options
BougieBlackChick
BougieBlackChick Member Posts: 316
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

You created an event that literally pits killers against survivors even worse than they already are and takes all the fun out of it.

Anniversary event, you placed invitations throughout the maps that we simply had to collect and then survive until exit gates are powered.

This time you make it void energy that has to be collected by doing gens or downing survivors or “stealing it” thereby causing the killers to play super sweaty. I’m getting tunneled and slugged worse now than before.

And Solo Q is beyond unplayable now because every random is only out for themselves to collect their void energy.

I know you guys know how toxic your community is already as far as killer vs survivor. Why create an event (that’s supposed to be fun) to make it worse?

Comments

• BougieBlackChick
    Options

I stated what my problem is. You don’t like it, move along.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I think it’s done with the hope that maybe it’ll rehabilitate the community in some small way. Someone on the dev team has stars in their eyes.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,479
    Options

At least they're encouraging competition between Killers and Survivors, and not Survivors and other Survivors like 2018's Halloween event, where Survivors were throwing each other under the bus and ruining matches to reach the Visceral Cankers first.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    Options

Stunning the killer makes you steal his energy. Doesn't that make survivors sweaty?

• BougieBlackChick
    Options

Not unless that’s ALL the survs are doing. But the vast vast majority are not.

Point being, the way they did this just increases the aggression, toxicity and fighting in a community that already has too much of all of those.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options
  • FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

This here is the worst example, however. One that isn't obvious, anyways...

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

Yea solo q is really bad right now. Everyone lets you die on first hook or become dead on hook so the Killer wants you even more dead than before. Killer are tunneling as hard as possible like always but even if you distract the killer for a solid amount of time no gens get done. Probably because survivors are leaving gens after 15 voids and regression perks do the rest.

I got really frustrated yesterday in the evening. I tried so hard to stealth in the beginning and do gens/pumpkins. I started to run Kindred so hopefully I die less on first hook and also Reassurence only to force survivors to stay in the game.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited October 2022
    Options

I really like the event. I dont understand your problems. I played 9 hours survivor yesterday (from 5 p.m. when event started till 3 a.m. in the night). I never had so much fun on survivor-side in weeks. (Well, I played mostly 3 or even 4Man).

But it would be nice if u receive something when u collected all 12 reword-cosmetics from the Void now. Maybe extra BP or whatever.

• Gylfie
    Gylfie Member Posts: 624
    Options

I don't understand the problem. The event objective is so easy to complete on either side that losing a mere 10% of the objective to your opponent hardly matters.

They were going to add a mechanic where you lose some progress for going down or getting stunned either way, otherwise there's no risk to running around with all of your energy. Instead of making it disappear into the void, pun intended, they decided to give it to your opponent instead. Big whoop.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 571
    Options

Or survs are sweaty and killers are toxic, same ######### , you got the two type in each teams

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 686
    Options

Neither side needs to win during this event. I died on hook after turning in all my energy into the void and still got a shirt. I'm not sure why people want to turn this into a sweat fest when all you have to do is collect and turn it in. As killer, just get hooks and smash pumpkins. It doesn't matter if you win or lose unlike last events.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,232
    Options

I was concerned after hearing that progress could be stolen. After playing through it, I'm not anymore. The energy is super easy to get on both sides and there's no incentive to get any once you've turned in 30 points. Also, any turned in progress cannot be lost.

There has been an increase in camping and tunneling but, unfortunately, that always happens every event, bloodhunt, etc.

I don't think the event itself is causing people to do that; it's just any event has an influx of people camping and tunneling for the first few days and then it goes back to normal.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

This sounds great. There is too much “why can’t we all be friends” mentality when it comes to dbd gameplay.

If the event makes killers mean and games scary then it’s doing it’s Halloween duty.

I want friday the 13th, Halloween, nightmare on elm street not Care Bears happy farm fest.

DBD shines as brutal slasher experience, when I feel like a well balanced laugh in a safe environment I’ll play fall guys. It’s great and good clean fun.

When I want to flee for my life in a high stakes game of elimination I’ll play DBD. So let’s hope DBD can deliver that especially if the event is driving the game towards it, as it should.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

You have enough time to do it.I got everything just by playing today.

But yeah like everything else in dbd, it can be frustrating.

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

I'm sorry but I've been having fun. I collected all rewards and have been killing it with BP. I have only encountered a handful of " toxic players" during the event.

I am really sorry you're not having fun and I hope your games get better and you can enjoy the event.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

The event seemed ok to me, it's actually a little more interesting of one this time than the invitations were since there's a little more to it with the energy management aspect. The only issue I had yesterday was someone disconnected for no reason my first match right at the start. No idea why, I had barely even moved, guess they didn't like the map or that I was playing Pinhead or something. 🤷‍♂️

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,553
    Options

The part about energy stealing that's primarily frustrating is that if the killer smacks you off a rift or intercepts you on your way to one, you go down from the cap and need to be able to get back on a generator in order to max it again.

Had a few games where I died at 27/30 and lost out on 10k bloodpoints because the killer didn't respect my final wishes. That part's not fun.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

I’m a mediocre killer at best.I already have 11 of the 12 items.I got 1 4K,a 3k and the rest were all 1and 2.The survivors were able to get their boys energy and so was I .Too easy.It’s not the most exciting Halloween event I think they could have come up with but it’s not terrible.

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options