This event fixed so much of this game, people are on gens

ProfessorDunwich
ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

After playing way too much SoloQ, I have noticed one problem ruins the experience most of all. People are not doing gens. This event gives incentive to do gens and I have noticed SoloQ to already be less painful. Perhaps an incentive for gens (other than the obvious one of escaping) could persist, in a way that offers no disadvantage to the Killer (other than the fact Survivors are doing gens and not hiding in lockers).

Comments

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Gens are the most absurd objective in dbd it's sad that it's true. I think it's time to a) add more points to it and instead nerf coop points. Bc 1250 für 90 secs is just... #########? And also add an optional objective for some bonus points which can be multiplied by BP offerings. Or make it so that you receive an random item like you get from chests. I also like the movementspeeds apects of the instable rifts right now. You can do stuff with gens.

But yea gens need a rework. A big rework.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Nah there are still people out there not doing gens...

Always the issue with solo q, and BHVR cant fix players not playing

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

Not only are survivors doing gens, but gens aren’t going fast either. As killer I love this event because there are gens getting done which does bring a challenge, but they are t flying because survivors are running around looking for rifts afterwards.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,201

The optimal way to do this event is to bank as soon as you reach 15 energy, which happens around 60% of a gen. So survivors aren't knocking out gens in one go, they're doing about 60%, then leaving, sometimes to the opposite side of the map to find a rift, leaving that 60% gen free for whatever regression you have available.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Something like this should happened as core mechanic instead of +50sec.

Survivors need to run around more

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,201

I've suggested before, that survivors should need to find some kind of tool in order to unlock the ability to repair gens, and these tools could be readily available, like 10 or even 20 spawn points on the map. Bringing a toolbox would suffice as well, cutting out that step, but this would be no different to the fact that bringing a medkit eliminates the requirement to find another survivor to heal you. It would also open up the avenue to a host of perks that could play with this mechanic, extending the amount of repair time you get with each 'tool' pick up, showing auras of these tools, etc.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited October 2022

I've been playing survivor and I noticed the opposite, the people is so obsesed to do gens due the event that they ignore hook rescues, I never reached second stage in the hook as frenquently as these event days, I'm about to equip Kindred to avoid them thinking "I do gens, other team member will go to the rescue" (maybe).

In my opinion the energy should be drained more frequently or in bigger amounts from the gens, less seconds between each drain or 5 energy in each drain instead 3.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

It gets people on gens, but it also makes them leave the gen and run a quarter of the way across the map halfway through, so I wouldn't call it ideal.

Also, yeah, I'm seeing a lot of ignored hooks because people want to max the event more than they want to survive.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

As someone with kindred, I’m still left to go second or even die on hook with this event. Nearing double digits that this happened.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

I suggested Gas-Gen before, the idea is killer can benefit far more spreading damage than tunneling.

50sec Gen is just so lazy change.

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75

I've seen the same results. Survivors buckling down on gens now. My last few solo q games have been way better than I'm used to. All that's necessary is adding an incentive to do gens? Crazy.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Certainly better that no one doing gens at all. The leaving and coming back is having gens go at a much more reasonable rate. It seems you either have potatoes not doing gens or a team focused on gens. First goes too slow and the other speeds the game up too fast. This appears to be a good middle ground.