Lets Talk About Halloween Ends! (Spoiler Free)

Options

Hey everybody! I've been waiting for this day for a while, and I just finished watching it on peacock, and I must say that this movie is probably one of my favorites now.

I highly appreciate that this movie went for something new, focusing more on Laurie's story mostly this time. Jamie Lee Curtis did her role once again so wonderfully, her fierce resistance in this movie amazed me. The music in this film was so good, and Michael was also very brutal, I just loved everything about it in general.

Before I watched it, I saw all the negative reviews on it, and after watching I highly disagree but that is just my opinion, this movie to me was the perfect ending.

10/10 I would rate it.

What were your thoughts on it if you seen it? To the ones who are going to comment their experience with it, no spoilers please for the ones who haven't seen it. :D

Comments

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,794
    Options

Yeah I loved it. They had guts going in the direction they did for the big finale of this saga, and it paid off in my opinion. This was a more character driven intimate story.

• Jocelynbee
    Jocelynbee Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,278
    Options

Absolutely everything. Absolutely perfect. You NAILED it. I always watch movies for a good time, and this delivered.

• RisingTron
    RisingTron Member Posts: 508
    Options

Absolutely hated it and I really REALLY wanted to like it.

The first half was horrible. The writing was SO bad. Then when they almost do something interesting in the second half, they just completely b-turn and don't do it. And there were maybe 1 or 2 kills in the entire movie that I actually thought were interesting.

Overall just an extremely disappointing ending. Need those writers to never touch another script again.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 586
    Options

To be fair people were going to be disappointed either way. If they didn't take things in a new direction and just did another Micheal comes home hack and slash, then it'd be no different than the first two movies. Why bother if they're going to make the exact same thing?

Unfortunately that new direction wasn't ideal and didn't live up to the grand finale fans were expecting. Michael only had two or three kills in total while Cory took the spotlight, but I was hoping at least they'd try to make it the biggest body count of any Halloween movie.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

To be fair most of the Halloween series is pretty bad even by slasher movie standards.

The original is a timeless classic but the sequels are kinda piss poor. I like H20 for its depiction of Laurie Strode as a high functioning alcoholic in hiding that eventually faces up to and takes down her fears.

I’m just hoping it’s better than Halloween kills. Halloween 2018 wasn’t bad just wish the characters were more likeable so you gave a damn if they died or not. It made me happy to see some of them get knocked off in Halloween kills, the rest of that film is just terrible though.

Always happy to see another Michael Myers film, even a bad one, but my expectations are low at the moment.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

movie wasnt that good.

• FlameLickVA
    FlameLickVA Member Posts: 158
    Options

I paid to watch a slasher, not a C budget romance film.

• Scream_Queen865
    Scream_Queen865 Member Posts: 109
    edited October 2022
    Options

Absolutely horrible!! I obviously won't say much..but very disappointed. My rating is maybe a 3 star and that's only cause of Micheal 🤷

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

I can't believe that they somehow included the Wraith & Autohaven.

I just wish he had some lines to speak and wasn't invisible the whole time.

• KidNamedSlinger2
    KidNamedSlinger2 Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2022
    Options

I hated it :^(

I can respect them for trying to do something new but for being the grand finale of Halloween there was nowhere near enough emphasis put on our favorite stalker/stalked duo. Kills had a pretty bad script but at least the kills were cool. H2018 is probably better without the sequels that followed.

Post edited by KidNamedSlinger2 on
  • tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

I posted this in the off topic thread but I'll post it here too because I constantly seek validation

What a weird movie. Whatever your expecting from Halloween Ends I can guarantee you're wrong. I'm not even sure if it was a good movie or not. A very strange movie.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,097
    Options

You know...seeing it in writing, I think this feels like my issue that I can't quite nail down for why I'm not sure if it's a good movie or not

It gambled. It was a huge gamble. They took a massive franchise like Halloween and the end of a Trilogy (or do we count this as a Quadrilogy since the original counts?) and shook it up massively. All of the themes were there with the new character from the movie and it was a weird but kind of interesting exploration.

The ending just...didn't feel like it paid off at all. It's probably blasphemous as hell but...

If you're going to swing for the fences, SWING for the fences. The only way I can see that entire story working is that if Corey was about ready to kill Laurie and Michael SAVED her (you can make it ambiguous the reason why but personally I think having Michael save her because HE wants to be the one who kills her would be ideal). Then Corey essentially manages to kill them all and rides off into the sunset with the mask in hand to continue the "legend" of MIchael Myers. I have no idea if this would actually work well or not but I feel like it's the only way it really could have ended in my mind that would have made the story actually pay off...