Do you think the new mori system will be fun?

Options
Krose
Krose Member Posts: 7

Do you think the new mori system will be fun? 60 votes

No
73%
White_OwlCamoRangerBlueberryblue4zionA_Can_Of_AirMrPenguinFreddoEnderloganYTElcopolloArchAbhorDonleovAkitoWampiritaGhouled_MojoMarc_go_solodarkcloudlinkBasementDwellerHerachi_SakuraVenusaGuiltii 44 votes
Meh, I don't think it'll affect me much
11%
WalterBlackHPhoenixAlex_xni6_KotelettphantomPatg88DarloxEZ 7 votes
Yes
15%
GibberishdugmanNoOneKnowsNovaGazgemauchHagathaSimmonsLittle_KittenChikyflowenBuzz 9 votes

Comments

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 626
    Options
    Yes

Yesssssss

If implemented correctly tho

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,054
    Options
    Yes

I think its a good idea in concept, might need some more work execution-wise.

At the very least it stops the killer from being able to slug all remaining survs and force them to wait 4 minutes bleeding out.

Good change overall.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 560
    Options
    Meh, I don't think it'll affect me much

Eh, I honestly don't care much about it tbh. If there two people left, I am going to hook one person and then its a race for hatch.

I'll miss playing Ghostface and be on the photo thou.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Yes

I like the new system because its main effect is it cuts off that cleanup period where you have the last survivors downed but have to spend a minute walking around and carrying them to hooks. It’s just a nice quality of life change for the endgame.

And no, it is not a big buff for killers, I have yet to see a match where no survivor is standing and they somehow managed a comeback to win. (I’m not saying it’s impossible but it’s so rare as to be a negligible corner case.)

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    No

I'd imagine it might be fun for first few matches, but inevitably will become stale, boring and unfun real quick.

Don't forget that with it coming live - you will NEVER get any Moris, unless you win the game or play a very specific way with Pyramid Head, Sadako or Myers. And when you will win the match - there will only be one Mori on location you can't even choose and then that's it. No more moriing all four survivors, no more photobombing when a cool-looking Mori takes place, no more sending survivors to Brazil through hatch.

I just really wish BHVR changed the offerings and did not touch perks like Rancor and Devour Hope, because removing Mori aspect from them does nothing but suck out all fun from using them. Besides, it won't affect the balance of gameplay loop with Finisher Mori in play - the conditions of getting Mori ability on those perks is extremely niche and will not happen even half of your games. Plus I don't understand why BHVR didn't touch Left Behind when nerfing keys, but feel obligated to absolutely gut Rancor and Devour Hope when changing Mori offerings.

• FinestFantasyVI
    FinestFantasyVI Member Posts: 113
    Options
    No

In this current state shown in the PTB, no. And as Elcopollo said, I agree. It sucks the flavour out of the mori. I like to down a survivor, carry them myself to a spot where i wanna mori them and do it. I dont like that its a loading screen to a pre-determined spot. I dont like how offerings arent mori's. If they wanna change it. Then make it so Cypress can Mori 1 extra person, Ivory 2 extra people and the red one whose name elludes me, just leave as is to Mori all 4

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options
    No

I don't like the way it works on the PTB. I thought "it fits naturally" meant to be a "instead of 3rd hook, mori".

I also despite the base kit Unbreakable. Base kit Kindred/Bond or the idea of having icons that reveal certain action were such a better quality of life update for solo gamers like me.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,886
    Options
    No

It's poorly designed and makes games way more predictable, with some killers just aiming for a 4-man slug. The PTB showed this wasn't great in practice, and I dearly hope they make a u-turn on this

Easiest and simplest thing to do is make a cypress-mori base kit, with the Mori offerings adding an extra 1/2/3 Moris on top. That's all they need to do.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    No

GOD NO. It takes away so much and all you get is a mori that will only feel cool the first few times, after which it'll be boring. This is removing the long held tradition of bringing survivor to hatch, finding your own cool mori spots, close shaves as the last survivor, basically any reason to run the offerings (since like who's gonna ever use them when puddings and BPS exist?), photobombs, the ability to walk around and get just a few more bloodpoints through pallets or power after hooking the last survivor, and your sick devour hope or rancor plays. Meanwhile, all you get is one mori every 4k that'll probably get stale after a few times, and a difficulty spike for those mors ambitio dailies.

Not to mention the basekit unbreakable, which basically kills the last 2 twins players and makes pressure even harder to obtain as killer. This whole thing was so poorly thought out.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70
    Options
    No

Will it COnflict with End Game Collaps (Deliverence Plays)? thats the question and what about 4k slug and one has unbreakble and what about Adreniline? it basically makes all those perks useless for End Game CLutch Plays. so NO to the new mori system. or atleast make it so if the Killer has to Initiat the Mori just like an Offering instead of the game doing it for you.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,138
    Options
    No

They destroyed Devour Hope and Rancor, which I don't really care about the latter but the former is dear to my heart.

I don't like the idea that a quick all slug would end the game so fast. If they wanted to see more Moris, they could just make the yellow Mori basekit. I'm not crazy about unlimited Unbreakables either.

• Zeita
    Zeita Member Posts: 70
    Options
    No

i dont want the new Mori System. No more Solo EndGAme collaps Deliverence plays. no more last surviver unbreakble/Adreniline plays either. if they do implement it anyways. ATLEAST have the Last surviver only being to be mori on the 2nd KnockDown. and the Killer has to inituate the mori. that way the surviver can use Adreniline or Unbreakble to pick them sefls up and have a chance to escape still and not a cheasy cheap "Game Over" it take controll way from the Player

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,242
    Options
    No

Looks pretty unanimously hated by the community. I think it’s all a bad idea myself. The auto Moro takes out lots of last minute self unhooks, self pickups or hatch crawls that are clutch. Free Unbreakables is also just a flat out terrible idea, shouldn’t have even made it past the white board of ideas. A reason of avoiding times where all the players are left to bleed out is just nonsense, in literally thousands of hours I have only ever had a game like that 2? Maybe 3 times? Not worth even mentioning in other words.