Didn't want to make Dead hard a 3rd health state?

Options
2»

Comments

• woodenEnthusiasm
    woodenEnthusiasm Member Posts: 160
    Options

The worst part about dead hard is the fact that it just removes your ability to lunge and turns every single pallet into a 50/50 regardless of how close you are to the survivor. A good survivor will hold it and if you lunge just react hard for that third healthstate. If you wait it out they'll just drop the pallet on your face and extend chase for free. It is more balanced, but it's still too strong in the worst kind of way.

There shouldn't be a perk that just disables an entire mechanic and that goes for either side. It would be like buffing blood echo to affect all survivors on every hook. Is it balanced? probably. Is it unfun and effectively disables what is basically a core survivor mechanic? Absolutely.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

ehh they’re about the same for me. For the most of today, neither side had an incentive bonus.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    Options

its on demand because it does not require a consumable resource. Lockers are literally everywhere in the game, and some maps have an extremely high concentration or frequency of them. They also don't get used up when you dead hard, you don't break the hinges off or anything when you do it, so yes it is on demand when compared to the other methods of stunning like DS or blast mines. being able to stun is an extremely powerful tool, which is what you don't seem to grasp.

I... honestly don't understand what you're trying to convey with that second comment. I was defending smash hit and giving an example of how to properly use it. Are you just that unable to understand head on and trying to use smash hit to make it look worse?

• Ryuhi
    Options

Yes locker standoffs are favorable for killer, but you created a high risk high reward scenario for the two of you to have a standoff. literally any time wasted in this is a net positive for you, and the best part is it doesn't even actually require the perk if you're convinced you'll go down anyway. Many plays are done specifically to waste as much time as possible, not to escape for free. You CAN win the standoff, and your chances aren't terribly low, but you also win more every second the killer is dancing in front of the locker and up to 3 gens are churning.

Your comments about how locker saves are inefficient is completely ignorant to how the perk actually gets used at high level. If one is in chase and one is making the save, and the hook gets denied, then it is FAR more efficient than just 3 people on gens. Its balancing your own efficiency with efficiency denial of your opponent, its why time is so relative in this game. You don't need 4x meme stacks if you just have two lockers side by side, or any other applications that the perk gets used. You're also then using the argument that usage of one excludes another, which is something you need to witness firsthand to experience: meaning they need to either not have dead hard to extend a chase (or not use it/use it too late/etc) or you have to get hit by a successful head on before you actually know they don't have dead hard (and even the first scenario, again, leaves room for doubt unless you see the animation.)

How does huntress throw over a jungle gym? you just tried to find some kind of flaw in my scenario without even considering the details, Jungle gyms have all high walls except for the vault window for obvious reasons. I was using a common experienced scenario to illustrate a specific frequent usage of the perk, and you'd rather look for ways to try to disprove it than even attempt to understand what it was trying to convey.

Cool im glad you don't get hit by it because you understand how far your collision goes past your view in a first person perspective of a game with a forced low FoV. That doesn't mean it would remotely be a good idea to allow one perk to completely throw off that entire spatial perception for yourself or anyone else just because you can't find value in the current perk. just don't run it then.

NO perk should be a reliable stun unless it has very specific circumstances (like DS, and even that has a token skill check for a reason.) Your argument is built around not understanding how absolutely devastating a single stun can be when done at the right time, and why they're generally limited to very telegraphed scenarios for the killer. Stuns should never force a lose/lose scenario, and I'm sorry that you refuse to understand how to use them as they are and instead demand more.

• Ryuhi
    Options

I never called anyone bad. I just said they can improve with whats already in the game before asking to be spoonfed. Its a perspective approach to understanding why things are as they currently are, and I've been trying to hopefully help either of you improve with the ability instead of just complaining at the devs because you don't understand its current iteration.

Like with your comment about QQ in this post, I never implied it was to hide from the killer or anything like that: you can hop in loud noise notification and all and force a standoff that is lose/lose for the killer the longer that they delay in reacting. As long as you have 3 seconds on them in terms of distance, you will have it in time. I also offered that you could use deception to add another level to the mindgame, but deception is also a perk that takes nuance to understand how to use effectively. If you're this unwilling to try to learn how these things work at high level first, your projection about what i said might just be you being too defensive to learn anything from what i'm trying to teach.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

That's my problem with 360s too. You have to wait to attack when you're clearly in range. It's exploits disguised as techs, and unskillful perks disguised as skillful perks, because what you're doing is denying the killer a hit when they were in range, when they timed the hit right, after they'd gotten past all the loops, all by pressing a button or spinning your camera.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,600
    Options

That's a separate thing than being punished for normal hits, which you have to do to down the survivors, but it's still dumb in its own right. You're supposed to be able to react and instantly grab once the survivor turns their head, but the game's like, "Nope!" Apparently they let go on time and don't mess up, 100% of the time.

• Taxman232
    Taxman232 Member Posts: 139
    Options

Nerfed dead hard takes away the 'distance' component and also reduces the 'invulnerable' component to half a second. You may see dead hard in every lobby but it not being used in the same way, nor as effectively as before.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,130
    Options

I do not agree with premise of high risk/high reward in regards the perk. Personally, If I see a survivor using head on, I would think they're trolling. that is how laughably bad head on is as a perk. I would say dead hard is closer to high risk/high reward perk. Between the 2.7 second self-stun for wiping a weapon and sprint burst, I would say dead hard is like 7-8 second stun in term of distance. that is closer to high reward.

Your comments about how locker saves are inefficient is completely ignorant to how the perk actually gets used at high level.

Nobody uses head on at high-level. Its total joke meme perk. Your idealizing the perk without playing with the perk in the real game to see how most games play out when the survivor has the perk. A perk that is closer for saving teammates is flashbang. This is far more reliable then head on locker saves that are likely to get you killed/slugged.

Jungle gym are already very safe loops. You generally want killer to break the pallet on these loops before moving to another pallet/tile. Smash hit is one of the most pointless perks because speed boost granted from stun is counter-productive to how an experienced survivor would use this tile. A survivor that is running away from strong tiles is borderline inexperienced. This is terrible example of usage of the perk and your using one of killer that punishes greeding pallet stuns.

What smash hit is designed to do is greed unsafe pallets. I am going to use badham car pallet to the right of the school past the window vault as an example. You want greed pallet stuns at these pallets because not getting the stun means that the killer can bloodlust you and keep you at the loop indefinitely until he inevitably get the hit. The problem is that killers at these pallets massively respect these pallets because getting a stun means that the survivor can potentially move to another loop that is stronger pallet then the unsafe pallet. Respecting pallets is too easy for killer such that they can entirely avoid this perk without understanding that the perk is even in play. What my change is doing is creating a mindgame where the killer needs stand further away from the pallet to avoid the stun, but the killer over-respecting the pallet means that the survivor can run an extra loop. It would create extra layer of mindgames at pallets. Currently you can respect pallets and overall not get punished for it in like 99% of cases. This is mindgame that people used to do with old dead hard for distance where they would greed pallets on purpose because they were trying to get extra loops out of the pallets by trying punish the killer for respecting pallets, but the risk associated towards the survivor not dropping the pallet was not there because of press E for safety.

I do not think any survivor player who is trying seriously win would use these exhaustion perks. I would almost go as far to say that activating these perks against the killer is the killer playing bad/new player.

The conversation boil down to. I am bad. Just use other perks. Not productive conversation.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

“Which is what you don’t seem to grasp” yet you don’t even know the definition of “on demand” lmfao. Just because lockers never get destroyed doesn’t mean head on is always on demand. “On demand” means whenever required, and head on is simply just not able to activate whenever required. 1st off, you have to wait 3 seconds to activate it, let alone be in/right near a locker. 2nd, lockers aren’t available at will, you can be in the middle of the corn on cold wind and there’s no lockers nearby, etc. before you insult others you might wanna actually learn things and understand what you’re saying first. You obviously don’t seem to grasp the meaning of on demand.

you talk about “locker standoffs” like the killer is really going to sit there for 30 seconds trying to get you to come out lmfao get real, no killer who is actually trying is going to have a head on stand off, theyll just tank the head on or they’ll maybe try to bait it once or twice and then go in

there is no real reason that you can give that makes your point better. Obviously you’re just a troll who can’t admit when he’s wrong

• Ryuhi
    edited October 2022
    Options

It doesn't take 30 seconds for the killer to lose time in a standoff, and you clearly don't understand how time relevance is a factor in this game so its kinda pointless to continue, if I'm honest. You also pidgeonhole the definition of on demand pretty hard, when it, too, is a term with relevance significance. The ad hominems at the end are a nice touch, too. Just stick with trying to understand and discuss the game, please.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

its 0.5 second 😂

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2022
    Options

I always thought they should have reworked it to be what overcome ended up being. But now we have that perk, so i don't know what to do with it anymore.

EDIT: Actually, i just thought of something. Make it be a reverse sprint burst.

Walking during a chase grants charges. After X charges, you can sprint away for the usual amount of a sprint burst.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 345
    Options

The two main complaints people had with Dead Hard was the perk was dumb easy to use and that it was being used for distance which was against what the perk was meant to do.

They addressed both of those with the rework. It is literally a 0.5 second extra health state. If you're eating it, you're getting outplayed.

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options

And you can't tell who is using an auto dead hard when its timed perfectly and you've been WAITING it out.

• Zephinism
    Zephinism Member Posts: 539
    Options

no way! they'd complain about the queue time if that happened.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

git gud

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,848
    Options

Sounds like a skill issue

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 445
    Options