Which killer am i allowed to play so survivors don't DC?

Options
Reinami
Reinami Member Posts: 5,139
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

With DC penalty off, every game i play is a DC. So far i haven't been allowed to play:

• Trapper (as soon as someone stepped on a trap they DCd)
  • Huntress (first down DC)
  • Nurse (first blink DC)
  • Myers (first t3 down DC)
  • Hag (first down DC)
  • Legion (as soon as they hear the TR they DC)
  • Blight (as soon as they see me they DC)
  • Twins (as soon as i switch to victor they DC)
  • Clown (DC at first down)
  • Wesker (DC when i did a sick grab around a corner)
  • Nemesis (DC after second hook, this one at least was the longest)

Gonna give clown a try, wish me luck.

UPDATE 10/17/2022:

Added:

• Nemesis
  • Clown
  • Wesker
Post edited by Reinami on

Comments

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 567
    Options

As a Clown main.

Yea, pick Clown, I haven't got a DC. However, they might DC cuz some people are afraid of Clowns or get nausea cuz of his gas.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

Dont know why you would even consider clown, most survivors hate him

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684
    edited October 2022
    Options

You’re allowed to play any killer except for nurse, blight and spirit.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 402
    Options

We need more information, how many gens were done when the first down took place? How long did the chases last? And I rlly think u shouldn't try clown, but from the amount of killers you've tried it might be more ur play style than the killer themselves. Do you tunnel, camp or BM?

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

I love farming DCs with Clown. Apparently they don't like being chased the entire time. I thought I was providing some good fun

• fake
    fake Member Posts: 3,250
    Options

How about Crown, Ghostface, Hillbilly, etc.?

I would recommend not using the ability because if you use the ability effectively and get down, you are likely to be DC'd. If you do take a down, please do so after one or two generators are complete. Sylvpre.

• Trickstom
    Trickstom Member Posts: 112
    Options

Uh, Sadako?

Same here, even tho my main (Artist) is currently on the rift with a sick skin.

OW2 made me stop playing DbD for now.

• GiveMeTheBox
    GiveMeTheBox Member Posts: 331
    Options

Pig with no perks or add ons, just make sure you don't use your traps

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,840
    Options

I've been crazy lucky and had no DCs so far at all - not even against Nurse! This is only out of several games though, will play some more later and see if that changes

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,078
    Options

Play as wraith and go stand in the corner.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

do people really dc against myers? ok this is the dbd community so im not shocked lol

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options

Add pinhead to that list. I got the box within the first 15 seconds or so and someone dc'd.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

If you make people start with the tape they will DC, understandable with how boring that Sadako strat is. unfortunately that is her only decent strat

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,096
    Options

"Do you tunnel, camp or BM?"

Really???

Op gave all circumstances, anecdotal as they are, and how can you camp or tunnel someone upon the FIRST down aka no hooking had even happened?

Or even better when they DC upon hearing tr or power use or upon seeing which killer it is. That's has nothing to do with playstyle but with entitled cherry trial picking from people without backbone to play matches that aren't tailored to their liking.

This has been a problem forever and resurfaces EVERYTIME the penalties get shut off, mostly because of hackers or game instability.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,965
    Options

Only time I have ever DCed against a Myers was when they were running Tombstone and teamed up with a Dwight TTV and the Dwight kept bodyblocking me to purposely get me killed (they did it with other teammates getting them killed) and the Myers let the Dwight go free.

It wasnt even because of the Myers, but moreso just because of the teaming.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 343
    Options

The only killers that make me consider rage quitting are Legion and Clown.

Legion because when you get 3 in a row and the only interaction you have with him is getting stabbed and then seeing him run away letting you mend it's just a miserable time. Bonus points! I'm on hook and I can see two people mending on the corner of the map and only one doing a generator. Even when it goes well, it's awful.

And Clown because I have yet to find a single Clown main that isn't a piece of human trash. Every time I face a Clown, and I mean every single time, I've been "victory bottled" on hook repeatedly, and/or stabbed on hook, camped or disrespected in any way you can imagine. I don't even think his power is that bad to go against, they just are the "LMAO funny fat man, let's kill ppl and tilt them X D" kind of people.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

ghostface, no shroud, no addons or perks, no stalking. the survivors seeing ghostie = happiness, the survivors never being able to get hit since you have no stealth and you probably got garden of pain since its the only map in rotation = happiness, therefore: no dcs

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,840
    Options

Just played against a Wesker, a Pig, a Plague, and a Huntress. No DCs. One guy did try to 4% against Pig but then he hung on for the second stage rescue and actually ended up getting hatch (by leaving me to die on hook but semantics lol)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,441
    Options

Play any low tier killer with non meta perks and hope they don't DC.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155
    Options

yeah. I hate it, i play survivors Solo-q and it is terrible since i never been trying to DC but my teamates ... So I tried to play killer Traper, one survivor steped to my trap early so insta DC. Thats stupid.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,013
    Options

Real answer is "none". Survivors will find some excuse to dc regardless who you are playing.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

Play Nea

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options

Billy.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,953
    edited October 2022
    Options

Don't forget...

Plague: See a fountain, DC

Dredge: See a lock, DC

Ghostface: Get marked, DC

Doctor: Get shocked, DC

I've experienced all of those in the past day or so.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,358
    Options

Killers you can add to the list:

Billy, Sadako, Bubba, Freddy, Doctor, Wraith, Deathslinger, Trickster, Nemesis.

Played all of them once (except Doctor I played twice) and got at least 1 dc on each. Maybe I should start a dc streak?

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Well, remember that Survivors want to have fun while playing and it is YOUR job as Killer to make sure they have it, so just stay away from these Killers and you SHOULD be fine.

Trapper- His power can shut down loops and prevent Survivors from running Loop Simulator.

Wraith- He's a stealth Killer so Survivors won't know youre close by which isn't fair.

Hillbilly- Insta downs aren't fun.

Nurse- Again, power ignores such fundamental mechanics of the game such as walls and pallets.

Huntress- Can damage you from anywhere on the map or a good distance with LoS.

Hag- Traps pull the camera and are jarring.

Micheal- Again, Killers with Insta downs should be illegal.

Freddy- So boring, snooze fest truly.

Pig- Seriously OP, plz nerf BHVR.

Clown- Slows you down while running, can't have that.

Spirit- The fact I can't see her while she's phasing makes her hard to loop in a chase so she's a no.

Doctor- His shocks make looping difficult, he beats out stealth, and he makes skill check wonky so no skill no fun.

Bubba- Hello. Insta down?

Legion- Mending sim 2000, so sorry Legion is out.

Plague- She can infect like...EVERYTHING. Also, insta down AND ranged? What were BHVR thinking?

GhostFace- Noticing a pattern? If he can insta down he better stay down.

Demogorgon- Teleports all across the map and knows when you're at a portal, way to much info and power. Plus he has a ranged option so way to much.

The Oni- Insta. Down.

Deathslinger- Honestly, a Killer that forces you to THEM? So much hate, plus the small terror radius is just icing on the cake.

Pyramid Head- So rather than am insta down just an insta Mori? And ranged attack? AND can leave traps (trails)? So unfun.

Blight- Way to fast, hard to get from loop to loop so clearly not good.

Twins- I mean...duh. A Killer who's kit benefits from slugging is a no go.

Trickster- Ranged killer yet again.

Nemesis- Wow, Killers get AI help? BHVR holding Killers hands yet again. Also, ranged Killer

Cenobite- His power actively stops me from holding m1 on a gen so can't really do much there.

Artist- So a ranged Killer that ALSO gets an aura when she hits a healthy person. Yeah, THAT'S fun. Pass.

Onryo- So shes a stealth Killer who can teleport AND gets an insta mori? Pay to win.

Dredge- Makes my screen dark periodically and can teleport pretty much anywhere super fast, so no.

Wesker- Dude is just blight reskinned.

Hope this helps you understand why you shouldn't play these Killers so that I as a Survivor can have fun.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 829
    Options

I play any killer and find them early its an auto dc. On first down its a 50/50

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Generally speaking, the ones that people would DC/suicide out on before are the main ones they would now, just more so since DC penalty is off. Nurse, Blight, Legion, and Bubba are the big ones, though Wesker is moving up just based on being too frequent a killer to vs. The rest are more situational, as already pointed out. How many gens were done, how long the trial had been running before the first down, etc.

Survivors need to be invested in the trial to stick around. Get a down in the first 30 seconds? Gone. Slug everyone at five gens? Gone. Haven't had time to do anything of value yet? Gone. No investment = don't care.

What usually works for me, particularly going up against a solo queue potato group, is give them a build up. There's various ways to do it. For example, find scratch marks seconds into the trial? Follow them to a gen, smack the survivor, kick the gen to let them get some distance, pretend I don't see the tree nearby that's grown an ass, then chase the injured survivor for a bit. Let them get away, loop back to the gen, smack the other survivor, kick the gen, chase the second survivor for a bit. The two survivors you haven't seen have either been working on gens or hiding, so do a quick patrol and chase them off/kick the gen, continue. If you find an uninjured survivor while chasing an injured one, switch it up.

Basically, give the typically less than stellar group a chance to get a gen done, escape some chases, knock out a couple totems, kick some pumpkins, turn in some void points, heal. Then start ramping the pressure up. More chases, get a down/hook, more chases, kick a few gens, bust some doors/pallets. I try to make sure everyone gets double hooked before taking anyone out and don't tunnel/camp (this is situational, however, based on survivors hiding, unhooking when you're only a few steps away, shoving a flashlight in your face every chance they get, TTV tag trying to troll, etc.). If someone's been hooked twice but there are players who have been single hooked or not hooked at all, slug the two hook so at least one other survivor has to stop what they're doing to come heal them up while you hunt for one of the other survivors (slowdown plus balance hooks).

This doesn't work for every group, of course, as SWFs will be SWFs and some solo groups actually play well (though rare). The gist is that if you don't let them put time in and start getting points/objectives, even the ones that want to play aren't sticking around. I know I wouldn't.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090
    Options
  • burt0r
    Options

"Job" hahahaha 🤣

I hope your post is meant as sarcasm because I havent got any salary for the 300 hours in this "job" until now.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,358
    Options

I stopped running Lethal Pursuer for that reason. Now I can at least make it to the first curve without a dc. After that though...

• Milkymalk
    Milkymalk Member Posts: 217
    Options

While I never DC, there are killers and configurations I just HATE playing against.

Huntress with Iri Head

Legion (it's just an endless chain of getting hit, mending and getting hit again)

Twins (you spend half the game running from a tiny, almost invisible goblin that doesn't even gives you BP or pip points for being chased and every hook is afk-camped while the next survivor is running from that goblin)

I don't have any problems with nurse. If the map is not totally open, you can counter her by hugging close walls and breaking LoS while doing unexpected movements. Untrained, casual nurses can even be juked in the open.

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Oh dont worry, it was, hence why I listed every single Killer as one you shouldn't play. When DCs are away the babies come to play Ive learned

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Oh wow. Forum killers should really stop sealclubbing potatoes and go up against kill teams, didn't have a single DC and I played the big three (Nurse, Blight and Spirit) both yesterday and today.

• burt0r
    Options

As if it is in their hands with the non existent matchmaking.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Did I miss something? Why are dc penalties off?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Could you show me the trigger to switch between those 2, please?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,119
    Options

None if you play well. You have to play like a new killer if you want survivors to stick around.

• burt0r
    Options

The usual hackers and the event creating increased crashes.

They didn't announce it official to prevent a mass exodus. It seems until now it is still a regional thing if you get many or normal amounts of DC.