Deathslinger is currently unfun to use

Options

The concept is amazing but he just doesn’t have a good kit. He is the so easy to dodge and break free from and is the pure essence of a M1 killer. He can’t vault hit like huntress or spam like trickster. His add-ons are basic and his expose add on has a hitch that they have to be twelve meters from him. The maps almost all have so much junk that he will get his chain broken.

Just feels like he isn’t useful compared to the other ranged killers.

(I was forced to do his daily so I just had four annoying matches as him)

Comments

• Shi283
    Shi283 Member Posts: 60
    Options

Harpoon an object so that it can travel to it at high speed.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

He's definitely a budget huntress but he can do so pretty cool stuff. He can vault hit at windows.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 436
    edited October 2022
    Options

Agreed, the only part of him that hurt's atm is 6 of his add-on's being rather pointless and needing either a number buff or just a rework, i havn't seen any deathslinger's running his ADS movement speed, terror radius reduction or mend time increase add-on's since his last update. That's 2 purple's, 1 green and 3 yellow's heavily going unused.

Edit: Needed to double check the add-on's and there rarity.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Schüt good

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Slinger can 100% vault hit. Walking backwards while reeling makes it nearly impossible for survivors to break free.

He’s not amazing but is still decent when played well

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242
    Options
  • LittleBigSunset
    LittleBigSunset Member Posts: 230
    Options

Walking backwards instead of forward when reeling someone in makes the chain significantly harder to break and get stuck on objects. It was one of the first big things I learnt while playing him. That may be why you were finding that the chain would break too easily.

The majority of his addons are lackluster but he does have some good ones. Rusted Spike is an addon I use a lot for longer healing times. The reload addons will always be good and reduced stun time addons can be good if situational (in particular when running STBFL to avoid Obsession hits).

If you can shoot someone through a window you will almost always guarantee a vault hit. Just make sure they're pressed right up against the window before you swing.

Dodging his harpoon can also be used to your advantage. This is called 'zoning'. If you ADS repeatedly and make the survivor think you are going to shoot they will run tiles less efficiently trying to dodge and allow you to close the gap quicker.

I would strongly recommend running STBFL if you ever give him another shot (pun not intended). It makes him feel much smoother to play and compensates for his long ADS time.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Deathslinger was nerfed into the ground a long while back. The only people that play him are the ones doing dailies and those that invested a lot of time into the character and don't want to feel that's it's been a waste.

It's a shame as he's fun to play as a character, just mostly useless outside of very low MMR.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,226
    Options

1) I didn't put much time into him, but play him from time to time, I generally perform quite well on him

2) There is no such thing as low or high mmr... As the softcap is reached rather easily and for the sake of queue times you' ll get matched with most people anyway regardless of the actual mmr

3) He is a quite solid killer that can get a hit around basically any medium height loop, his antiloop is quite strong and calling him useless just makes me think you just don't understand how to play him...

• Archol123
    Options

It is physically impossible to dodge deathslinger at short range... His harpoonshot moves at 40m/s same as a fully charged huntress hatchet... Unless you're at the maximum distance he can still hit you from, you just cannot reaction dodge his shot.. You can try to just randomly change directions before rounding a corner or something but you cannot react to him shooting you.

• CoDismylife
    CoDismylife Member Posts: 327
    Options

You just bad hitting your shots. His kit amazing and paired with iri coin he becomes an absolute killing machine survivors are afraid off.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

The only thing I don’t like about Deathslinger is that he’s the only ranged attacker whose turning speed slows way down while aiming. It just feels annoying, like turning through sludge. I wish they’d simply let him turn at a normal rate like Huntress.

Otherwise he’s basically on par with Huntress. He has a slight advantage in that he can shoot through small opening (even through holes in the walls of shack for instance) and can reload on the fly but has the disadvantage that he doesn’t always guarantee a down after a shot hits from across a dropped pallet (and occasionally even through a window at long range if the survivor manages to drag the chain through the wall at the start.)

• Archol123
    Options

But then again he basically has a crosshair build in and since it zooms you in on 125% (according to the wiki, if i read that correctly) it would probably mess with your aim anyway because it would not be equal to huntress for example.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

give me back quickscoping devs

• Fuzzycube
    Fuzzycube Member Posts: 214
    Options

The green reload boost add-on really helps I find.