The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Flashlight Macro Legit or Banable?

Someissues
Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

I've had survivors post-game telling me this is legit and the devs were okay with this. I am not talking about the flashlight-bug where it crashes the game. talking about a macro for a flashlight so it flicks nonstop blinding the killer for the infinite duration unless he turns his camera around

I am asking this so I don't get banned when using this

Comments

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

Infinite blind duration? Does that sound intended to you?

Exploits are bannable. You answered your own question.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Most 3rd party program are supposedly not allowed in a game.
    Tho some of them are "tolerated" as long as they're not used for grieffing/being able to do what you're not able to do normally.

• ceridwen309
    ceridwen309 Member Posts: 502
    The gist I have gotten from mods(Peanits)....is that any and all things that alter/create game files are subject to scrutiny.

If you do such things and you break your game, get blocked, banned, or whatever....you did so at your own risk, and they WILL NOT HELP YOU.
  • Outland
    Outland Member Posts: 535

Macros have always been considered bannable. As far as I know.

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Uberfish said:

Not sure if its intended, I looked everywhere and the devs said nothing on this

@ceridwen309 said:
    The gist I have gotten from mods(Peanits)....is that any and all things that alter/create game files are subject to scrutiny.

If you do such things and you break your game, get blocked, banned, or whatever....you did so at your own risk, and they WILL NOT HELP YOU.

Those survivors abusing this is still playing, so why are they not banned in this case?

The devs could have easily fixed this by limiting the input like they did with Wiggle so it has a max threshold, this wouldn't be hard to implement at all

@Outland said:

This was asked in Reddit with majority of people saying its not bannable and is a game mechanic

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Someissues said:

@Uberfish said:

Not sure if its intended, I looked everywhere and the devs said nothing on this

@ceridwen309 said:

Those survivors abusing this is still playing, so why are they not banned in this case?

The devs could have easily fixed this by limiting the input like they did with Wiggle so it has a max threshold, this wouldn't be hard to implement at all

@Outland said:

This was asked in Reddit with majority of people saying its not bannable and is a game mechanic

Reddit is full of survivor mains tho. (Who would have guessed, with the majority deciding what goes up/down in a 4v1 game)
    Just sayin'

• Coriander
    Coriander Member Posts: 1,119

It sounds to be an exploit of gameplay mechanics, especially so since it's done with a third-party program/modification. I've seen people perma-banned from other games for much less, but that's only if the devs see this as an exploit or simply assistance in doing something that's already allowed. Even if others are doing it, however, I wouldn't do it.

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    People get banned for intentionally using landscape exploits (standing on rocks, the ledge in the Asylumn) to hold games hostage or to be unreachable by the killer. 

So yes, using a third party system to also exploit mechanics is bannable. 
  • Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Runiver said:
    Reddit is full of survivor mains tho. (Who would have guessed, with the majority deciding what goes up/down in a 4v1 game)
    Just sayin'

Well I guess that's true

@Coriander said:
    It sounds to be an exploit of gameplay mechanics, especially so since it's done with a third-party program/modification. I've seen people perma-banned from other games for much less, but that's only if the devs see this as an exploit or simply assistance in doing something that's already allowed. Even if others are doing it, however, I wouldn't do it.

It would be nice if on the next Q&A someone put this on the thread so it can be answered by the devs. if it's not bannable I would definitely use it. It's very overpowered and you can flash-light a killer for an infinite amount of time unless he turns 180 the other way. Especially broken when the killer is trying to break a pellet, this will work 100% all the time

@GhostEuant said:
    People get banned for intentionally using landscape exploits (standing on rocks, the ledge in the Asylumn) to hold games hostage or to be unreachable by the killer. 

The days when Infinite were in 80% if not the whole playerbase was not banned

• Uberfish
    Uberfish Member Posts: 19

Let me clarify what I said. Flashlights are NOT supposed to be able to infinitely apply blind. If it you use something like this you will clearly open yourself up to a ban for exploiting. Macros and scripts for sure are not allowed. Even making a macro to tap space bar on the hook is forbidden. Don't risk your account.

• Someissues
    edited June 2018

@Uberfish said:
    Let me clarify what I said. Flashlights are NOT supposed to be able to infinitely apply blind. If it you use something like this you will clearly open yourself up to a ban for exploiting. Macros and scripts for sure are not allowed. Even making a macro to tap space bar on the hook is forbidden. Don't risk your account.

Thats why i think someone should ask the devs on the Q&A, i won't use it until it's confirmed to be legit. since there are still people out there saying it's not bannable and is pure game mechanics. they also use reference on wiggle where macro is allowed to back up their claims

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,692
    I made a topic here asking for a dev to clarify whether going afk with Wraith/Freddy was ok.

It's been over a week and no dev has ever answered. 

I'm just assuming it's fine at this point, as I made the effort to ask and no one bothered to answer.