Subtle Cheating is super scary

Just played a match against a Claudette that was hacking. The crazy part is though that I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt when I noticed that her Boil Over was SUPER effective on me, and just assumed they were hitting every great skill check. But then, while chasing her and swinging at a pallet she had dropped on accident, she dead harded..... We locked eyes and that was it, after camping her to death and letting the others leave, im left disappointed at the state of the game and it's hacking right now considering I was almost willing to blame her hacking on my own gameplay

Comments

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Yeah it's at the point where if I get destroyed by PC players, I just assume cheating. I only respect console survivors

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,484

well it is a horror game after all

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,099

Had something similar happen to me, but with Feng Min on Dead Dawg, she was a tiny bit faster at all times, her Boil Over always went to a direction of some drop down and was strangely more effective, even with that she was trash and died near the end game.

She also had the audacity to snarkly comment in the end game chat that she totally wasn't hacking.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230

I was playing survivor and there were 3 of us downed, I was the only one up. I magically see someone getting up by himself and in the lobby there was no boon or unbreakable to make it happen.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710
  • GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,580

So… you always win against PC players otherwise, then?

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

Even with subtle cheating survivors can't win and it's very worrisome state of the balance. Survivors experience needs huge improvement

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

You don't know what platform they're on because PC players with Microsoft or EGS show up as a globe to steam as well, it's crazy you have such a ego that if you lose to a PC it's automatically a hacker in your eyes, didn't realize the greatest DBD player ever was right here in the forums please forgive us 🙄

• The_Krapper

Yea because people like them can't accept being outplayed and have to have a scapegoat because anyone who beats the greatest DBD player ever must be cheating right? He reminds me of the streamer I won't name saying anytime he gets outplayed at a high wall he knows the survivor is hacking

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I think there are way less cheaters around than a lot of people in the forums claim, on both sides. And cheating survivors are not more common than cheating killers, actually, for killers subtle hacks are just a little bit harder to detect.

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Can someone explain to me how Dead Harding after dropping a pallet is a sign of cheating? If she dropped the pallet by accident, she could have used Dead Hard by accident.

As for Boil Over, she might have been hitting all Skill Checks and did you fall from a height whilst carrying her? This adds a decent amount to the wiggle bar. Also, there are other perks she or her team could have been using to make wiggling more efficient.

• The_Krapper

It's not a sign of cheating people that blame hackers for everything refuse to accept they were outplayed when in reality everything in this game has a "tell" , like survivors when vaulting a window their item disappears and as a killer you know if they committed to the vault or not by that and survivors can't do anything to keep you from noticing their item disappears like a few steps before the window because you get the fast vault prompt a little before you're actually there, and survivors can use audio cues and visual to know when the killer drew their weapon back for the swing with the sound it makes before the swing and seeing the killer draw back so good survivors can know exactly the time to dead hard, but tell anyone here that and they claim they face auto dead hard all day everyday.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,502

In my situation the pallet had been dropped for a while, the Claudette was staring at me from the other side of the pallet, I accidently hit m1 and she dead harded. No reason for her to do so.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Yeah I've had a couple of games I've suspected there were cheaters, 3 gens popping at the exact same second, a swf team who NEVER missed a dead hard trigger, even when baited out, ambushed or janky hits around corners and a michaela the other day who's torch blinded me everytime way too quickly, and at one point her injury noises came from a static location nowhere near her.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,065

Given that the pallet was already dropped, a player Dead Harding doesn't make sense, but a script Dead Hard would.

Is it ironclad proof on its own? No. But when a player's been sus all match...

• BringShaggytoDBD
    BringShaggytoDBD Member Posts: 412

Ah right, so there's a hack that allows players to auto dead hard whenever a killer swings? I didn't know that, but that makes more sense.

I'm not denying the existence of cheaters, I've seen plenty of footage on YouTube and have been in 2 lobbies myself with hackers it's just nothing stood out in the OP that made me think hacker, but now I know.

I have to admit though, I've been playing DBD for over 5 years and have only encountered 2 hackers (that I'm aware of). On these forums it sounds like it's an every day experience which seems a little sus.

• LunaticLizzie
    LunaticLizzie Member Posts: 29

As somebody's whose spent a substantial amount of time in a game with a legitimate problem of literal cheating bots overrunning official servers, during the bulk of it being at it's worst in that game, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a LITTLE funny watching hacker hysteria play out here knowing it could be so, so, SO much worse and more blatant, and that if it got blatant enough, BHVR could easily jump ship, not say a word, and ignore that it's even happening, as other devhouses and companies have done in the wake of a genuine cheating CRISIS.

For anybody curious, look into Team Fortress 2, and how Valve "responded" to the issues at hand there, for an idea of how much astronomically and comically worse things could be here in DbD.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 668

I feel that deadhard auto trigger is a real problem just now. The amount of times I suspect that hack being used is pretty substantial. These players who use it have went from having mediocre timing with old deadhard to godlike reflexes with the new deadhard and land it perfectly all the time, even though it should be a less powerful perk. It wasn't really a thing before because of the nature of the animation and it would most likely put you in an awkward position, but now it's basically just a free escape with no consequence. At this point the perk should be completely reworked or just removed from the game because it's so subtly abusable.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 668

You would probably be surprised by the amount of subtle and hidden hacks that people use in games like this without ever knowing about it. It's fairly obvious when you have someone flying about the screen, but as you say that's not something you encounter often.

The questionable things I've witnessed quite frequently are subtle speed hacks & more recently the auto deadhard. Wall hacks are something I've been suspicious about also on both sides. Thing is it's very hard to prove this, so that's why I personally think it's a much bigger problem than we actually know about.

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I was playing against a 4 man SWF last night and one of the Claudettes who was prestige 70ish kept vaulting over windows making no sounds. I thought maybe she had Quick and Quiet but it was happened every single time she vaulted, including when she was the last survivor and vaulting constantly even back and forth over the same vault. And at the end of the match, no Quick and Quiet. In fact, no vault perks that I'm aware of. I also began to think maybe it was another flashlight bug but I realized at the end of the match she was carrying a medkit. Fortunately for me (not for her), her buddy was on Twitch streaming the gameplay and I went into the recording to see if he was watching her.. Sure enough. She was sliding through the vaults, not actually vaulting them, when I couldn't see her. What did suck was he somehow turned of the audio of the saved video so you couldn't hear them talking or the in-game sounds. I still made a report with the video linked. But I never could record the action myself because she was so sneaky about it.

I wouldn't have known for a fact that she was cheating until I looked up the other TTV that was streaming, which I hate doing. I shouldn't have to look up someone's stream unless I thought they played well and deserve a follow.

It sucks that we're supposed to have video evidence but how can we when the cheaters are doing their best to keep it hidden to gain an advantage. I'm going to continue to push for the devs to implement server-side checks and balances rather than telling us we need a video of the incident, which in most cases we won't have due to subtle cheaters making it near impossible to catch them. It's not our job and we aren't getting paid to make the game secure. This falls on Behavior. I know they said they are working on things in the future but we need to continue to remind. Quit the game if you must, vent here or wherever, do whatever is necessary for your own sake because none of us should have to accept this.

Also I know plenty of other games that don't need any video evidence to report cheating. My friend just reported a cheater in ESO farming EXP with hundreds of summons, lagging the server in the process. They just had to select them and hit the report button and give a short description. I just feel like so much work is put onto us, the consumer, when it needs to fall on the marketer. I know, they will work on it... But it can't be too long. By next year I'll look at the state of the game in regards to cheaters and decide if it's worth it to stick around. Tired of feeling like I'm losing my mind playing this game because someone may or may not be cheating and then I have to spend time collecting things that I shouldn't need to collect for it to be reviewed. So there's my venting moment for today. Frustrating, hopeful they turn this around but not getting my hopes up. Definitely not my job, nobody is paying me to identify cheaters, so I shouldn't have to do anything but hit the report button and provide a description and let the data do all the work for me as like every other company out there does.