The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Fix Hook Spawn Locations

I know that Midwich is one of the strongest killer maps in the game for kill rates, but seriously you need to fix where the hooks spawn on this map.

Just had one where I downed someone on the edge of the downstairs of the map (where the open wall vault is). When I picked him up the closest hook was literally in the middle of the courtyard which is impossible to even get to (by about 1.5x the struggle timer). The next closest hook(s) were both spawned in the corners of the downstairs on the opposite side of the map (about 2-2.25x the struggle timer). The closest upstairs one was up the stairs then clear down the hallway (about 3x the struggle timer). This is the worst deadzone spawning of hooks I have ever seen in my time of playing this game.

The premade who I was playing also noticed this and was abusing it by running into this area of the map over and over (and leaving the two generators in this area for last so I would lose when it was down to 3-4 gens). Even the premade team I was playing against agreed it was the worst spawning they've ever seen. How is this even a possible outcome?

Comments

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Yeah, Midwich is terrible with that. To a lesser extent Gideon has some wonky hook placement. Coldwind gets bizarre at times as well.

It's unfortunate that the group you went against was pretty decent. Otherwise you could've just left the person there to bleed out or make another survivor come get them up.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,014

Its mostly that one hallway on the ground floor. incredibly annoying

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 92

Preach! Midwich is the perfect example of a 2 story map gone wrong. The hook spawn logic is atrocious.

• K139K05
    K139K05 Member Posts: 217

And there's even a hook spawn where you can't hook someone. I did report it fortunately, but it's kinda annoying to see on a map with already bad hook spawns (especially with oak (survivor) offerings).

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

Overall map RNG is something that have to be addressed in the future. The same map can be a sure win for the killer or an absolute disaster just how things spawn.

its hook dead zones for killers and zones without any pallets or window for survivors but with two gens.

• Rythoriak
    Rythoriak Member Posts: 137

I agree. We need to be more fair to both sides because having crap or god spawns can make or break the game.