The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SWF getting old

I have roughly 130hrs in, why then am I getting paired against 1k plus hr swf teams. I get it pretty often and it bothers me. There's got to be a better matchmaking system.

Comments

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

There is definitely not

A better matchmaking that is

• Garboface
    Garboface Member Posts: 263

just don't let them get into your head. those folks owned my mind at one time. easier said than done, yes but playing with a mic helped me not to take it personal. I found it is fun being sassy and "toxic" but I still get mad now and then. far less than I used to and that is the key. my 4 man squad was steamrolled by a Wesker before work tonight he wasn't even tunneling, which is usually the indication that they are mad. your best friend (for now) is slugging. it is fun trying to nail them all and have something to fight over. another way I choose to avoid being mad (and have fun or trounce them if I choose) is to let them escape but only after the game has run it's course. their sole ambition is to make me mad and once they have done that, it's pretty much over for me.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I play maybe 3 killer games a month. I played two games back to back a few days ago against 4 man squads. One team I was pretty positive was cheating, they all held onto Dead hard forever and as soon as I swung they would use it perfectly timed. It got to the point I was swinging and missing on purpose to force out their Es. All I said in end game chat was "sus", they proceeded to berate me and leave comments on my profile. I wish there was a feature to just turn off end game chat and also to block people from being in my games.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited October 2022

It really does, yes.

There is nothing harder or more frustrating than a team that's already outside your skill level, and that on top of it, is well-coordinated. You can sometimes get a few kills, but that's as much on their mistakes as it is on your mindgames haha !

It's actually possible to baby-brain them sometimes though. Like when I started playing Hag, I would put so many obvious traps near gens, that higher level teams would not expect because no one with any amount of skill as Hag would place them there xD

(I did get destroyed afterwards, but at least it was funny and taught me a lot).

• FrodoTbaggins
    FrodoTbaggins Member Posts: 55

What's really funny is that if you resort to their games (camping hooks, body blocking) They call you out. Very hypocritical. Bring a sweaty mindset and I'll match it.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

I play primarily on PS5 and have messaging disabled, but I know you can disable (or hide) chat on PC by clicking the little double arrow just to the right of the text bar. If I am not mistaken, it will stay hidden until you hit it again.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078
    edited October 2022

Really? No other game puts bad players and good players in the same lobby this consistently. There's got to be a better way.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Not for dbd

The only other matchmaking this game had vanished when sbmm came into this game. Were stuck like this for a while. Next couple of years or so

• JustWhimsical
    JustWhimsical Member Posts: 590
    edited October 2022

I feel like they need to bring a solo to SWF level asap because everyone is getting tired of the massive gap between performances everyone knows solo is challenging unless you get solid teammates, and SWF can, for the most part, destroy most mid and low strength killers quite easily. Maybe give solo q empathy or maybe bond I have no idea how to get them to the level of SWF because SWF is just so much better in every aspect, then maybe once solo q has that buff so they have more tools buff low-mid killers accordingly?

Honestly, to also add to you getting really strong survivors, I often get killers who have little idea what to do, like literally one yellow perk who only really knows how to bloodlust and not take out pallets. I have 2000 hours, and I'm getting killers that I can only assume just started playing, matchmaking is so busted it's not even funny.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

The problem is that in order to make matchmaking that is perfectly “fair” you’d have to wait in queues forever. Most players aren’t willing to do that, so quality has to be sacrificed for speed. The pool of players in a specific region is just never big enough to allow for both quick and fair matchmaking. Imbalance in killer to survivor ratio also makes this problem worse

• LylakLavender
    LylakLavender Member Posts: 339

No idea but as a solo survivor I hate being in groups with SWFs. Majority of the time they help each other out while letting you rot.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

There straight up needs to be a checkbox to get matched against players closer to your skill level. I will wait the extra 5 min to not get matched against the 250 hour feng who only got me because I was in queue for 5 min at 3AM. It make's me just feel bad and get off the game when that happens, though I'm probably not in the majority there for either side. I just feel sad, bored and slightly annoyed in those game's.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

You're playing killer i guess? Yh newish killers have a rough time after a 100 or so hours. You spend the first however many hours windmill slamming nooby solo q teams onto hooks then your mmr skyrockets and you suddenly go from chasing around headless chickens to getting looped by seal team 6 god tier players who are usually toxic af. Just embrace the losses, it'll drop your mmr a bit an hopefully settle it at a reasonable level.

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183

Well get used to it because they can't nerf SWF without destroying Solo Q even more. The only way they can nerf it is to prevent SWFs entirely, which would be a sledgehammered nail in the coffin for this game.

Also every SWF isn't playing this game like their actual life depends on getting out the gate, I think most of us are just trying to have fun and do our best to get our friends out alive.

• SoulKey
    SoulKey Member Posts: 338

I agree.

Personally i perform better when playing solo, usually when i SWF it's all about stupid plays and trolling each other rather than playing to win \o/

• Maxitolliony
    Maxitolliony Member Posts: 112

i hate this game, this is why i will main huntress again. cry

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I mean, there's a button in the bottom right corner that disables end game chat until you decide to press the button to turn it back on I believe...

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Yeah someone else told me, if I ever log back in ill give it a try.

• Lost_Boy
    Lost_Boy Member Posts: 651

I had quite a few games with full SWF all running Deadhard scripts doing exactly that. Literally everyone in the team landing perfectly timed Deadhards multiple times in a row. Worst thing is like half the team is just bad a looping and can still land it perfectly every time.

Tonight I had a SWF all running it and one person was just sitting in front of me healing knowing fine well that it would trigger automatically.

I honestly dont even see it that much in random games and when I do it's still very easy to bait out when playing against people who aren't cheating.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,993

Solo Queue Players: "Solo Queue is miserable!"

Killer Mains: "Git Gud or find friends to play with"

Solo Queue Players - Stop Playing or Find Groups to play with

Killer Mains: "Why are my games against nothing but SWF??"