The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Question for killers

Hey killer mains, I'm just curious what is your opinion on the current state of the game? Don't compare it to what it was before July tho. Scale of 1-10

Comments

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

I'm not a killer main, but i'd rate it like. a 7-8.

Maps are most of what's holding back the last 2-3 points.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 416

Not surprised at these high scores it’s such a killer sided game now.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

1-3, lots of unhappy survivor frens :<

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Here is an idea: just don`t equip gen regression perks, but pure aggression and go ham. At first you will lose pretty brutal and spectacular, but eventually you will develop the gamesense thats needed in order to interrupt them, while hooking left and right.

Getting bye without gen regression aint easy (and no one should mind that one Scourge Hook: Pain Res that you are running), but if you don`t make yourself the slave of the meta, you might just level up.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

I'm not for either side being overtuned, but we get it you want it survivor sided my guy.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I dunno.

For Killer? Maybe a 6/10

• Sava18

Gen regression, gen speedup, med-kits, map balance, Nurse(kit) and Blight add-ons being adjusted changed would make this game feel way better for everyone. Oh and the way survivor's mmr is gained or lost needs to be changed. No one in this game think's you should lose mmr for dying after carrying your entire team on your back. Killer could be changed to hooks instead of kills but I'm not convinced that would work better, it might even cause killer's to be more inflated than a full meta nurse if not done completely right.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

I’ll go into a game feeling like an 8, then I run into survivors who can run away from a generator and then somehow activate sprint burst again during a chase, and then it feels more like a 2.

I feel like the subtle cheating situation is getting worse

• OzzyJolt
    OzzyJolt Member Posts: 25

the game is in a good spot overall, i'd rate it 7/8 out of ten. Maps and some killer qol are the priority right now imo

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,828

Unfortunately that's not much of an option with my main Ghostface. He's designed around not running around aggressively - otherwise, I'd be better of just picking someone who naturally has aggressive playstyles like legion or blight.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,063

Maybe Deadlock and Jolt if you aren't already using them. Deadlock offers a passive stall while Jolt rewards you for doing what you're likely to be doing anyway. If you can get marked downs closer to generators there ya go.

GF's own Thrilling Tremors can work as a brief stall while also offering info you can use to be aggressive.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think I'd put DbD at 7-8 out of 10 compared to most games. (I hardly ever play as survivor so this is mainly from the killer perspective.) It's got a ton of variety of characters and abilities and maps, a fun theme including some cool licenses, and despite a lot of complaining on the forums you actually can win if you play well with basically any character and loadout. (Sure, there are things that can be tweaked balance wise but those really don't come into play unless everybody is playing equally well which isn't usually the case, someone is bound to be making errors now and then and those outweigh everything else.)

What keeps it from being 9-10 out of 10 is the various technical issues, including a fair amount of cheating, and that the endgame is a little anti-climactic at times since often once the gates are open or there are only two survivors it's pretty obvious which side is going to win overall and it's just a matter of cleaning things up. There's also of course minor balance issues and issues that stem from the game having mid-match player elimination and not having clear cut win conditions for both sides as a whole, including both of those factors exacerbating the number of people who ragequit when they get downed.

So it's a fun game, I still play it once or twice a night (something I can't say for a lot of other games), and am happy to recommend it to friends who might like it. I wouldn't put it on my best of all time list, nor would I even say it's the best game I've played this year (I think the best game I've played in 2022 is probably Hades, that game rocks!) But DbD is solid, especially considering it's over six years old at this point.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

6/10, if the maps were more balanced then would be 8/10.

• FellowKillerMain
    FellowKillerMain Member Posts: 858

6-7... It's better and fun again, but there are some new and old problems still present: map balance is weird (i actually liked the old maps better), and base movement speed killers do not compare to killers with travel powers.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited October 2022

I've honestly had a pretty good time as killer lately ! I can't tell about game balance, but I've mostly been matched with pretty chill survivors, I can't recall the last time I've seen a teabag. Even survivors that are out of my league and much better than me are usually pretty nice in my experience.

So my personal experience is 8/10 at the moment ! :)

(The missing 2 is because of DCs that make the game a bit skewed, and some performance issues I've had since the event, but nothing majorly frustrating so it's okay :D)

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

6/10, theres still plenty of terrible maps for killer and the meta still is stacking gen defense which is boring, but its way better than the key days nonsense.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

How will I use Blast Mine then if killers don't kick gens?

• Stroggz
    Stroggz Member Posts: 498

5-6 out of 10. Maps, maps offerings, boons, SWFs, MMR.

• boogerboy123
    boogerboy123 Member Posts: 119

im not even going to give an answer. killer is absolutely horrendous, i literally cannot force myself to do this anymore. play survivor if you want to have fun, i basically always escape

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

6-7. maps are terrible apart from like 2, swf is as broken as ever, less killers are viable bc the meta has changed for the worse, medkits and toolboxes are still op, but 0.3 SECONDS FASTER BREAKING LESSSSSSSSSSSSSGO

• ChrissKenobi57
    ChrissKenobi57 Member Posts: 21

It's... Boring again. On a scale of 1-10, probably a 6.5 for me. Most of that score is due to Wesker and Oni being really fun to play. The new meta for survivors became gen rushing. And I will call it that because even my build with 4 slowdown/regression perks is struggling when my chases are all under 30 seconds. Maybe it's due to map design being so wild. There are like a handful of balanced maps, a few killer sided ones and I feel like way too many survivor sided maps. New Haddonfield, RPD West, Garden of Joy, Temple of Purgation, Mother's Dwelling, all farm maps, all Badham variations, Gas Heaven, Eyrie of Crows, The Game and some variations of Lery's are pure pain. That's almost half the maps in the game. Only balanced ones seem to be MacMillan maps save for Groaning Storehouse.

• ChrissKenobi57
    ChrissKenobi57 Member Posts: 21

I think either BHVR should change Survivor MMR to go up based on how many escaped so Survivor MMR goes up as fast as killer MMR or Killer MMR should be Victory based and disregard the amount of kills. Like, say 3 or 4 kills give a +10, 2k's give +0 and 1k's and 0k's give -10. Currently, if you have a perfect game as a survivor, you go up by 10 MMR points. If you have a perfect game as killer, you go up by 40 MMR points (10 per kill). Why??? Beginner killers stand more of a chance against beginner survivors because they haven't mastered looping or skillchecks yet. Why would a beginner killer have to go up in MMR so much faster than a beginner survivor?

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

Average killer: 6 to 8

Nurse/Blight: 9 to 10 (if you lose as these characters currently it is because you got massively outplayed.

SWF: 9 to 10

Solo: 2 to 3 (solo is in the worst state it has ever been. If the killer decides to play a certain way and the skill level is fairly equal, the killer will win)

• Sava18

Haven't kicked a gen in 8 months. I am your mortal enemy.

• JustAnotherNewbie
    JustAnotherNewbie Member Posts: 1,941

You probably don't run Overcharge, Call of Brine, Eruption or Dragon's Grip. But I can only assume.

• Blizwise
    Blizwise Member Posts: 69

Honestly it depends on what killer I am playing.

but for the most part it’s a landslide for the killer.

if I run into a good team then it balances out a bit more but still killer strong.

hit SWF team is annoying but still beatable via 4K majority of the time.

I say it’s 8 in favour of the killer and it should be more of a 6. But I think the new everyone running health kits and circle of healing you will see killers struggle more

• ACleverName4Me
    ACleverName4Me Member Posts: 450

6 because still boring after awhile.

• niceboy555
    niceboy555 Member Posts: 7

Its in a decent state right now, I just don't like how a lot of maps are designed right now and how strong and week some killers are.

• cheryl_enjoyer
    cheryl_enjoyer Member Posts: 32

I started playing during the release of Twins and have been a killer main for 1700 hours

All in all, people are way too damn pessimistic. The game is probably 6 or 7 out of 10 right now for me. Killer can be very unfun but I have had plenty of fun. If I pace myself and take a break after getting bmed I usually dont get mad at all after it so its not that bad. Considering how frustrated I used to get, its much better now.

• NITRAS42
    NITRAS42 Member Posts: 170

The game isn’t nearly as killer sided as survivor main still gripe about. Numbers would be a lot better if so many survivors didn’t dc on first hook. The survivor meta has some variety, which is nice.

I’m about 50 hours into nurse and am starting to win some matches, but still flop a lot.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I'd say 8 out of 10 simply because the game is more skill based than it's ever been, neither side really has something so broken that it can't be defended or countered like it used to be with instaheals that picked someone up from dying to full health, or BNP that used to pretty much instant pop gens, no recovering exhaustion that gave you multiple uses in the same chase, true infinites with no entity blockers are now gone as well, sabo hooks don't stay gone forever anymore while also removing the ability to sabo trappers traps and make him powerless the entire game with no hooks either, Ds doesn't work on the first down anymore, old balanced landing is gone ...I could go on for days about how much more skill based this game is than it used to be, if you win these days it's because you played better than your opponent not because you abused a million different things that should've never been there in the first place

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Lack of maps is holding it back but I'm enjoying the game and don't have any gameplay issues with it. Couldn't care less about perk changes or OP killer addons, I just find the maps getting pretty stale after all this time.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

7. Better than it used to be but I do believe there are still unwinnable matches.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

6-7

Better than before but mmr and maps still a thing. And some killers need to be looked.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

It went from like a 5 to and 8 just off the DH changes for me other then that nothing has really changed maps are still terribly balanced, pallet spawns are getting worse I'm frequently seen 2 pallets spawn right next to each other with multiple on some maps,holding w isn't as strong because they can't just run all the way across the map survivors have to choose a loop to go to.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

• Solos need some love.
    • DCs and suicides, when done excessively, need to be punished harshly.
    • Vanity Mirror and other fun, meme-y addons are too difficult to sustain thanks to the prestige changes.
    • A few killers desperately need reworks and addon passes.
  • RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,828

Fair question. Would need a re-work......or allow them to kick gens for a small regression reduction %?

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,613

5/10 (and i'm being generous here). They are slowly erasing all the strategies that a killer could use in order to gain more time, as concequence tunneling and camping become even more common

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited October 2022

I'd do 7.5.

Massive maps, green med kits, bnp, swf comms are still problematic. But the overall killer buffs helped and killers have gotten a lot of good perks over time (pain res, deadlock, call of brine, eruption) on top of survivor perk nerfs like DS and Dead Hard rework. Some killers still need help but killer has a lot of good things going for it nowadays.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,267

I'm not a killer main but im half and half both. That being said i'd rate killer side 6/10. Maps are still an issue and game is returning back to what it was before the perk changes. Survivors have adapted ( at least good ones ) and able to run the same as they were before.

• Kosturko92
    Kosturko92 Member Posts: 136

Problem with solo quee are selfish survivors, game can't balance that

• Jay_K
    Jay_K Member Posts: 429

Honest review. Killer main

It is very hard to rate killer experience because of the nature of the game. I would say 7 out of 10 games I have so much fun as killer, I'm either having a fair game with equally skilled survivors or i have fun with surviors due to a early D/C or give up and regardless of the outcome ive had a good game, thats a 9/10 or 10/10

However the other 3 out of 10 games im sent to a more survivor sided map against a team that is way better than me. During these matches i'm just dishartened by the game. I barely get any hooks (if any) and the survivors knowing they are better start to B/M. For these games i would say 1/10 or 2/10

Overall i would agree with majoiry and say killer is about 8/10.

I think what allows me to have fun in games more than anything is not taking the game to seriously. It is a game afterall and winning isn't everything. If the survivors meme about meme with them, if they sweat then either sweat back (did this against a team and they were punished for the competitive gameplay lol)

Regardless of what changes are made to the game for better or worse i personally will continue to play the game how i play it using the same perks i enjoy using (even if they are nerfed into the ground) and I think more people need to just play the game for fun rather than going for the win and complaining about every little thing (this goes for both killers and survivors)

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,542
    edited October 2022

7/10. Maps, outdated killer powers, medkits and SoloQ need to be looked at. But overall the game is in a good spot.

• PPRG
    PPRG Member Posts: 43

0/10 pig needs another nerf