We deployed a fix to solve an issue preventing players from unhooking, healing or picking up Survivors. Players will need to reboot to see the change reflected in-game. Thank you for your patience!

"Take Back The Power" - Haunted by Daylight Survivor Tome Challenge

Has anyone been able to complete the "Take Back The Power" Survivor challenge in the Haunted by Daylight tome challenge? You need to 'Collect 6 Void Energy from stunning the Killer by any means'. First match, I pallet stunned a Legion twice, but I didn't get any credit for it. I thought it was because I got killed after the second pallet stun, so in my next match I stunned a Nemesis with Blast Mine and then made a deposit to the Rift. Unfortunately, I didn't get any credit then either.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

Skip it🙂

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140

Maybe the killer at those times were not carrying any void energy ?

Though I hear people have been having trouble doing this challenge.

• MeanieDeeny
    MeanieDeeny Member Posts: 533

I completed it last night, and it was indeed quite stressful. If you stun the killer and they’ve already made an energy deposit, you get nothing…so it doesn’t count towards the completion of the challenge.

If you’re really struggling with it, try warming up a potentially friendly killer and maybe they’ll play w you and let you get a stun.

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

I was able to get it with some combination of pallet stuns and Blast Mine. It only counts if you steal energy from them. You will know that you stole energy if you see your energy counter go up by 3 right after a stun. I don't think it matters if you deposit the stolen energy.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,147

I got it with head on/DS combo after killer had hooked me. They should just change it to stun killer or change the mechanic to always award void energy because currently it's way too inconsistent.

• Wolfven
    Wolfven Member Posts: 71

How does blast mine even work with this? DO you need to stay close to the blast?

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,540

Keep in mind you need to have room for it yourself for it to count at all.

• Zombielle
    Zombielle Member Posts: 2

Trying to do this challenge. Successful Blast mine, got three void energy, deposited said energy, NO PROGRESS.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,962

It's a very obnoxious challenge. You can't get it if the killer doesn't have any void energy, if you're already at your current cap, or if they/you already have 30 void deposited.

I suggest using Blast Mine, Power Struggle, DS, or Head On. Power Struggle or DS will guarantee you can take back whatever they stole from you on the down if you can use it successfully, and the other two are decent ways to stun killers at times they don't expect to be stunned (and may have void on them.)

Annoyingly, this will still take many matches if you don't play it deliberately (and even then.) The trick is to be chased early in the game, but not be the first person chased. Too early and the killer won't have any void energy yet, too late and they'll already have 30. You may also have to avoid doing gens to avoid maxing it yourself.

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

This was the last challenge from the Rift that I did, and as others have said, I can confirm it was a royal pain. Matches where I stunned the killer and they didn't have energy to take. Matches where I had already maxed out energy and couldn't get any more. I literally got to the point where I felt like I would be throwing the match (by not working on gens so I wouldn't max out too early) to get it.

I ran Q&Q, Head On, and Blast Mine -- got half with a Head-On and the other with a Blast Mine to finally knock it out.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,305
    edited October 2022

They need to actually have energy AND you need to have space to store the energy as well. If you're at 15/15 ready to deliver it won't count as far as I know, and if you've made it all the way to 30/30 you can't do it at all.

Blast mine can be a pretty good way to do it. If the killer comes to your gen from a fresh hook it's fairly likely they have some energy, just makes sure to at most be at 12/15 out of the 15 at a time cap. And when perks like eruption, overcharge and call of brine are fairly popular there's plenty of killers that will kick either any gen they can or any gen with more than like 20% on it.

And the most guaranteed way to make sure they actually have some energy is actually flashlight saving. Yes, the little stun when the survivor gets off their shoulder after a flashlight save counts, and as they just downed a survivor unless they delivered before picking up they will have energy. Obviously a bit trickier than blast mine/pallet stunning them though.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

I hated this challenge with a passion. It took me 2 days to complete. You need to have space to take their void, they need to have the (undeposited) void available to take, you need to then deposit that void (so if you stun them mid-chase good luck depositing it before they down you and take it back). Running blast mine sucks because you fill up most of your void meter just trying to get it to proc. Pallet stuns often happen mid-chase so you lose them again when downed. In the end I had to force it with head on and DS which is a risk in itself because some killers take offence to head on.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,013

Did it yesterday, after having it equipped for two days. If the event will be repeated next year or anything similar will be done, a challenge like this should not be the case.

There are so many restrictions, it is not even funny anymore. The Killer has to have energy. You have to be able to gain energy, so if you are already at 15 or you have already completed your 30 units for this match (which is a little bit over 1 Solo-Gen, which is 27), you wont gain anything. On top of that, you might get a Killer who is very unlikely to stun, e.g. you will be less likely to stun a Pyramid Head, Huntress or Deathslinger for example. Let alone Nurse.

So yeah, it took ages for me to collect those 6 Void Energy.

• hex_uwu
    hex_uwu Member Posts: 201

In the game where I finally (FINALLYYYY) got it I apologised to the killer for all the stuns in end game chat (I was so fed up at that point that I may have completely overdone it with 3 head on stuns and 1 ds stun) and bless his heart he was like ‘everyone is running head on, is there a challenge?’ Oh my sweet summer child you have no idea 😭

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,588

Got it first try, but equipped all the stun perks to get it (blast mine, head on, DS). Didn't get to use blast mine or DS; but managed to get two head on stuns and a couple pallet stuns (Wesker did not care, luckily).

But of course, if you constantly face killers that outplay or ignore pallets (cough Nurse cough), it's really difficult.

• Bloodraven
    Bloodraven Member Posts: 55

Honestly after 3 games of trying I decided to go around it with the Killer challenges which are by far and away easier than that cursed challenge 😅 it remains to this day the only one in that tome left to do and I will never feel the need to clear it 😂

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Got it first try: wait for someone to get hooked, show yourself and camp a pallet (eat the m1 in case)

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    1. The killer needs to have free void points available. If they have none, or have already maxed and turned in 30, there is nothing to transfer.
    2. You need to have room to accept the points. You cannot have maxed 15/30, or turned in 30.
    3. You need to land a stun on the killer by any means while meeting the above criteria. Pallet stun, Blast Mine, wiggle free, DS, etc.
    4. Develop a nice, deep hatred for the people that came up with challenges like this, reviewed the idea and greenlit it, coded it into the game, and internally tested it, all without a single one saying "this seems excessive".
  • Mediva
    Mediva Member Posts: 124

Can we please change this is something more doable? this is seriously not doable. You are full when you not the first person getting chased and do a gen. if you are not the second either, you are completely full on void energy. and there is no way to do this challenge anymore. Simply no room to store it, even if you do stun the killer. If you dont do it first minute of the game, you are screwed.

This challenge actually forces you to player killer and go around it. And as a survivor main, i dont think this should be it. I dont want to play killer, i just like to do the challenges on survivor. And I shouldnt be forced to play like an idiot in the beginning of the game just to progress. Which is the only way to do this. Dont do anything all game, is the other option. Both dont feel right. Please adjust this challenge.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,062

I did it against a nurse, pallet stun her twice.

Yes, i cant believe it either

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,540

Same, actually.

Well, I got 5 out of six. Took me at least 4 more games before I got that last one.

• airii
    airii Member Posts: 41

I have it equipped for so many days now and even when I stunned them, literally saw the energy pass to me,even gained 3 to my bar. I still didn't get a progress for it so it's hella bugged. Not to mention the part where u can be full or killer not carry any... but when it's bugged even when they have it and you gain it yet it doesn't count towards the challenge, that's hella sad.... didn't wanna play killer and without this can't progress through the tome -.-

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

I did it ok. Torch blinds, struggling out of their grasp also make killers drop energy. It is a bit of a ballache but usually best to follow killer to a hook then bait them to a chase so you can be sure they have energy

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,814

I did it with Windows and Blast Mine, and it was a long series of matches where I would end up on the hook going, "Kick my gen! Kick my gennnnnnn!" because I knew they finally had energy from downing me.

This was definitely the worst Halloween challenge.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,159

I managed this first attempt against a Deathslinger who tunneled me out.

Hooked me relatively early after I became his Lethal Pursuer target.

When I got immediately unhooked he came straight back for me. Chase ensued where I landed a pallet stun (+3), he then downed me (-3) and I hit him with DS (+3).

I never managed to bank it in a rift before I was sacrificed, and it still counted it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,322

I did it with Blastmine. After killer hooked someone I'd purposely miss a skill check on my gen, plant my Blastmine, then wander off.