The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

dying light, ruin/overcharge, jolt and than is funny to run

Maxitolliony
Maxitolliony Member Posts: 112
edited October 2022 in General Discussions

just looking at the other perks its kind of like why would i use anything else? its like when you are a surv its best to run save/gen perks. hiding is so much easier than chases.

i noticed early and end game perks kind of do nothing and take that slot and it hurts. corrution or noed is ok but why play for early and end and have risk when you can just run anti perks.

brutal strength and enduring is also good in chases which is really nice on some killers and might be doing i t tbh.

its nice the devs are adding perks but mid game perks have morew value no matter what, so why bother making end game and early game perks if only the bad players are gonna use them -_-.

like it just seems dumb to me to throw the whole game and then run no way out, blood warden and noed in end game, i don't see this as fun at all. but running mid game perks and chasing or actually playing the game is way better than having corr and not finding anyone or have noed spawn at someones feet.

Comments

• Maxitolliony

i forgot to add overcharge is also a good perk to run instead of ruin, i like ruin for its pressure but overcharge and jolt combo still are good so idk anymore xd.

having a hard skill check and if i down someone that 8% hurts. really depends if i care to go to gens or not tbh.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013

Does over charge stack with jolt? I.e. if you damage a gen with jolt does that gen get overcharge applied as well?

• Maxitolliony
    edited October 2022

no but jolt combos with over. so hit the gen with over and you can still use jolt. but what i am wondering if the jolt or the over regress works. does jolt regress over lap the overcharge regress or idk.

it does say you have to apply overcharge to use it would not make sense with jolt but who knows.

• VaporLion
    VaporLion Member Posts: 386
    edited October 2022

Corruption is such a badly designed Perk because in theory the best way to counterplay it would be to hide in corners / lockers until the timer runs out, which is boring for both sides. Of course most survivors dont do that, but still.

And yea i agree that midgame Perks are the best to run especially gen slowdown but i feel like multiple gen slowdons can be problematic to deal with as suvivor.

Ive recently played against an Oni that had an insane 3 gen combo on Azeroth Resting Place and he was camping it since the game started and there was literally nothing we could do to stop the 3 gen. After all other gens were done we were trying to bait him over and split on opposite gens with provethyself but he would never go far from the gens. So at some point we basically had to give up on the game. Literally nothing we could have done to win the game. Thats where gen slowdown Perks and 1 shots are really broken.

• Maxitolliony

prove thy self and a few other are too tho. they kind of have to nerf both sides to make is even. like if a surv is running prove you kind of need to run something. i really hate this force meta stuff, wish the builds were more even and free.

• VaporLion

I totally agree with you. Prove is broken and i always regret when not running it. I think its the only Perk that is stronger than exhaustion Perks. On the other hand i feel like the gen speed should be a bit faster when working together.

• Maxitolliony

that would make no sense since i play both sides and see why would that be fair in a 1v4 game and not even that its a 50/50, you do 1 gen as a team one at a time or 3 gens at a time

• VaporLion

What i mean is that Prove shouldnt exist but the speed when working together should be slightly higher than it is without Prove. ( btw back then Prove was basekit with 100% efficency ) And Prove is quite strong. It breaks 3 gen combos and it effectively makes the Killer lose time because they have to check more gens on average, which is the reason they removed it from the basekit. Also it happens quite often that you want to finish a certain gen together or youre just spawning together.